Foul Mouthed Yobs.

• Banned
5c336834210000850bcabe5b.png

BBC
Anna Soubry has been called a “Nazi” by protestors chanting near a live BBCNews broadcast outside Westminster.

The Tory MP was discussing Theresa May’s Brexit plan with presenter Simon McCoy when they had to stop their conversation due to the noise.

Pointing to the protestors, Soubry said: “I do object to being called a Nazi, actually. I think this is astonishing.This is what has happened to our country, this is what’s happened to our country.

“But anyway, let’s try and stay positive about things.”

The protestors, who were out of shot, then began chanting: “Liar, liar, liar”.

Is this what its come to ...? @Anna_Soubry faces "nazi" taunts..... pic.twitter.com/NHNMULtbEK

— norman smith (@BBCNormanS) January 7, 2019
Soubry said the incident was “seriously worrying”, adding: “I’m afraid the truth is that Brexit has unleashed these people. This is Britain now. This is not the country I know and love and these people do not represent our country and they need sorting out.”

She added: “I’m told that we should get used to it, but we shouldn’t have to. Apparently it’s democracy in action and the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service) believe that no offences are being committed.”

Last edited:
  • Banned
  • Banned
Please make up your mind, you're always blabbing on about "free speech" yet when presented with the sort of "free speech" you and yours tend to defend, you get upset.

Who are you talking to?

If me, I have proffered no opinion on the issue. Yet.

So don't get too ahead of yourself.

Please make up your mind, you're always blabbing on about "free speech" yet when presented with the sort of "free speech" you and yours tend to defend, you get upset.

Who are you talking to?

If me, I have proffered no opinion on the issue. Yet.

So don't get too ahead of yourself.
"Foul mouthed yobs" is not an opinion then? OK

• Banned

Free speech does not depend on "upset".

Pointing out speech that is offensive is exactly how free speech works--that is the very point, in fact, to counter offensive speech with more speech. To use YOUR free speech rights to point out where free speech has gone wrong.

Where there is no free speech, or where free speech is curtailed, someone gets offended and wants the free speech shut down. And it is, either by force or by law. "Upset" does not come into play.

Forum List

Back