Forner Defense Sec Gates defends Obama on Crimea

CaféAuLait;8748055 said:
Bush's Defense Secretary Destroys GOP Talking Points Against Obama's Handling Of Crimea | ThinkProgress

“My own view is, after all, Putin invaded Georgia when George W. Bush was president. Nobody ever accused George W. Bush of being weak or unwilling to use military force,” Gates, who served as Defense Secretary for Presidents George W. Bush and Obama said. “So I think Putin is very opportunistic in these arenas. I think that even if — even if we had launched attacks in Syria, even if we weren’t cutting our defense budget — I think Putin saw an opportunity here in Crimea, and he has seized it.” Earlier this week, Gates told the Washington Post that the GOP lawmakers should “tone down” their criticism and “try to be supportive of the president rather than natter at the president.”

So shut up about Obama being weak. Putin is determined to make Russia a world power and Europe and their weenies are allowing him to do it.

Isn't this the same Gates, that liberals were bashing over his book "Duty", which is highly critical of Obama?

:eusa_shhh:
that was then, now they need to use him so he's ok now

CaféAuLait;8748055 said:
Bush's Defense Secretary Destroys GOP Talking Points Against Obama's Handling Of Crimea | ThinkProgress

“My own view is, after all, Putin invaded Georgia when George W. Bush was president. Nobody ever accused George W. Bush of being weak or unwilling to use military force,” Gates, who served as Defense Secretary for Presidents George W. Bush and Obama said. “So I think Putin is very opportunistic in these arenas. I think that even if — even if we had launched attacks in Syria, even if we weren’t cutting our defense budget — I think Putin saw an opportunity here in Crimea, and he has seized it.” Earlier this week, Gates told the Washington Post that the GOP lawmakers should “tone down” their criticism and “try to be supportive of the president rather than natter at the president.”

So shut up about Obama being weak. Putin is determined to make Russia a world power and Europe and their weenies are allowing him to do it.

Isn't this the same Gates, that liberals were bashing over his book "Duty", which is highly critical of Obama?

I believe it is.

the problem is Putin felt empowered because he saw a weak President and a Sos who is running around the world wailing how globull warming is our biggest enemy

So blame your frikken selves for putting these in charge our country

not Republicans, Independents, Conservatives, etc fault...JUST YOU who voted to put them office

Everything is YOUR FAULT...

Is this why he invaded the Ukraine or why he invaded the Georgian Republic during the W administration? Really?

CaféAuLait;8748055 said:

:eusa_shhh:
that was then, now they need to use him so he's ok now

No, it means he is an honest man who is telling it like it is. Facts really kill you guys, don't they?

I guess the truth is not something the far right wants to hear?

Forum List

Back