Former NH GOP chief saves $1,000 a month with Obamacare

So at the most, he may end up spending $700 more this year than last (the difference between the savings on premiums and the out-of-pocket maximum).

Some of us do read this shit, y'know.

The bronze plan! :thup:

So at the most, he may end up spending $700 more this year than last (the difference between the savings on premiums and the out-of-pocket maximum).

It's not actually possible for him to spend more under this new plan. He can't even spend within $3-4,000 of what he spent last year, even if his family has a series of catastrophic health events (which they didn't last year).

According to his column, his premiums + out-of-pocket expenses last year cost him $26,934.89.

The most expensive bronze plan in New Hampshire for a family in his situation is $917/month with an OOP max of $12,700. His worst case scenario for that plan is $23,700, which is over $3,200 less than what he spent last year. If he bought the cheapest bronze plan, the premium is $809 with the same OOP max, for a worst case scenario of $22,400. More than $4,500 less than what he spent last year.

The reality is, under his new plan even a catastrophic year would see him saving thousands of dollars relative to a routine year like he had last year. If he has a similar year--i.e., noncatastrophic--to last year, he'll save $12,000.

boy are they pimping out the propaganda fast and furious now

so are we suppose to have an orgasm over this or what?

the MAJORITY of the people hate Obamainsurancescam but hey they don't count

hufferpufferpost, what a joke of a site

ah, the ObamaScam pimp is back, lovely^^^

Last edited:
as much as Oinsurancescam cost us we should all be jumping for joy..at least that what they are feeding us

SEMI-NEWS: A Satire of Recent News, March 23, 2014 Edition

Veep Says Trials and Tribulations of Health Law Qualify President for Sainthood

“No one has suffered more than the President over this thing,” said Vice-President Joe Biden commenting on the disastrous Affordable Care Act. “I know it will be hard for those who've lost coverage or seen their premiums skyrocket to grasp this. But these people have minor individual problems. The President has to face a rising tide of criticism and blame. He's not used to that. If anyone qualifies for sainthood it's him.”

Talk show host Ellen Degeneres largely concurred in Biden's assessment arguing that “while there may be a few malcontents, I think the vast majority of Americans are truly grateful for what the President has done for them.”

“Malcontent” Mort Dedmon begged to differ. “Because of this new law my insurance carrier was forced to cancel our 'bad apple' policy,” Dedmon complained. “It didn't offer a zero out-of-pocket cost coverage for birth control. But it was paying for my wife's stage-3 breast cancer treatments. I think we're signed up for a complying plan, but I can't be sure. My wife's new doctor made us sign papers accepting financial responsibility in the event that we aren't signed up. On top of this, the monthly premium for our new insurance is almost twice what we were paying before.”

Biden characterized Dedmon's situation as “a minor bump in the road. From a broader perspective, the implementation of a nationwide uniform health insurance is of greater importance. Every major advance in civilization always leaves a few people behind. In our view, we must take these inevitable casualties in stride if we hope to win the battle for social justice.”

The “battle” may be a long one, though. The Department of Health and Human Services estimates that as many as one million of the previously uninsured may have signed up to purchase Obamacare compliant policies. HHS is currently unable to ascertain how many of these potential customers will follow through by making payments of their premiums, but predicted that “if payments can approach the 90% range at this rate we'll be on pace to eradicate the uninsured cohort in less than 20 years.”

In related news, Treasury Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy Mark Mazur admitted to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that “I don't recall anyone raising the issue of whether we have the legal authority to administratively modify the terms of the Affordable Care Act. I mean, this is the President's law. If he tells us to make changes regarding who is affected by any of its provisions who are we to question him?”

from
SEMI-NEWS: A Satire of Recent News, March 23, 2014 Edition

But he is still not a supporter...

And why isn't he a supporter?:

But Fergus Cullen said the savings aren't enough to turn him into a supporter of the new health care law. He said he anticipates higher out-of-pocket costs with his new Anthem-administered plan, and he's frustrated by what he sees as a lack of information about coverage options. His old plan, which was pricey but covered what he needed, was cancelled by his insurer because it didn't meet Obamacare regulations.
Former New Hampshire GOP Chair Saves $1,000 A Month With Obamacare

Last edited:
Former New Hampshire GOP Chair Saves $1,000 A Month With Obamacare

WASHINGTON -- The former chair of the New Hampshire Republican Party will save $1,000 a month in premiums for his family's health care package after signing up for a new policy through the Obamacare exchange.

But he is still not a supporter...

No one is saying ACA doesn't help some people.

We're saying that you dumb clucks are ignoring the more important considerations when it comes to deciding on the merits of ACA.

Liberals and Progressives really are stupid.

The OP didn't even read the HuffPo article, just latched onto a few words. I guess it's typical over there. It's also possible, that like in this state, the government has intervened and caused premiums to skyrocket. The liberal approach to too much government is even more government. Competition across state lines with the freedom to choose plans would have dropped his premiums considerably.

It's not actually possible for him to spend more under this new plan. He can't even spend within $3-4,000 of what he spent last year, even if his family has a series of catastrophic health events (which they didn't last year).

According to his column, his premiums + out-of-pocket expenses last year cost him $26,934.89.

The most expensive bronze plan in New Hampshire for a family in his situation is $917/month with an OOP max of $12,700. His worst case scenario for that plan is $23,700, which is over $3,200 less than what he spent last year. If he bought the cheapest bronze plan, the premium is $809 with the same OOP max, for a worst case scenario of $22,400. More than $4,500 less than what he spent last year.

The reality is, under his new plan even a catastrophic year would see him saving thousands of dollars relative to a routine year like he had last year. If he has a similar year--i.e., noncatastrophic--to last year, he'll save $12,000.

Huh...I guess someone else reads this shit even more closely.

Huh...I guess someone else reads this shit even more closely.

:slap:

Forum List

Back