Former DC Bureau Chief: Hillary Ally Asked Me to Look Into Obama 'Birther' Story Way Back in 2008

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
No matter how hard they attack, deny, and divert, the truth keeps appearing all over the place. Here's just one more example:

James Asher pointed to Sidney Blumenthal as the source for the birther rumors. In a statement to McClatchy, Asher made a more detailed statement about the matter, and said that they sent a reporter to Kenya to dig up the story:

During that meeting, Mr. Blumenthal and I met together in my office and he strongly urged me to investigate the exact place of President Obama’s birth, which he suggested was in Kenya. We assigned a reporter to go to Kenya, and that reporter determined that the allegation was false.

At the time of Mr. Blumenthal’s conversation with me, there had been a few news articles published in various outlets reporting on rumors about Obama’s birthplace. While Mr. Blumenthal offered no concrete proof of Obama’s Kenyan birth, I felt that, as journalists, we had a responsibility to determine whether or not those rumors were true. They were not.”

Of course, Blumenthal denies it.

Story @ Former DC Bureau Chief: Hillary Ally Asked Me to Look Into Obama 'Birther' Story Way Back in 2008

Forum List

Back