Forget the Fiscal Cliff – Obama’s Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Clementine, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Clementine

Clementine Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,723
    Grrrr! Obama is going on yet another vacation. I could have sworn he said he wouldn't rest until the economy was better, unemployment was under control, blah blah blah. How many vacations has he and Michelle had the last 4 years? And, at a time when millions of Americans are facing even more hardships with higher taxes in our near future, Obama finds a way to spend more money we don't have. No shame.

Forget the Fiscal Cliff – Obama’s Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million
    Forget the Fiscal Cliff - Obama's Hawaii Vacation: 20-Days and $4 million Independent Journal Review

2. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    come on now, all that traveling around pitching raising taxes on others is hard work

give the Dear Leader a break..

3. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,001
    Finally you say something that makes sense. I can see you're starting to think straight, good for you.

4. Oldguy

Oldguy Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +592
    Most of that $4 million (assuming the figure is true) are security costs which the taxpayers bear anytime the President of the United States goes anywhere, not just on vacation. You might call them fixed expenses and to add those fixed security costs into vacation expenses to make a political point is disingenuous and dishonest. Furthermore, it completely ignores how much it cost the taxpayers when previous residents of the White House went somewhere.

Here..let me help you out. The total cost of George Bushs' trips to Crawford, TX came to just over $124 million. Similar costs, adjusted for inflation, will be found for any Chief Executive in the modern era.

Pay Us Back: Boehner and GOP Owe Taxpayers $124 Million for Bush Vacation Travel

I, for one, do not begrudge a President his vacations. It's a demanding, 24 hour a day, 7 day a week job which is physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting. Everybody needs time off and especially the man with his finger on the nuclear button. You should not want, and would not like, an exhausted President making life and death crisis decisions. The stakes are to high for the whole world. Remember...even God rested on the 7th day!

Nor do I begrudge the costs associated with keeping him safe. You shouldn't either. I cannot imagine a worse possible scenario than that some screwball manages to kill the President of the United States. In today's atmosphere of hatred, distrust and division, something like that happening to Barack Obama would be a catastrophe, perhaps fatal to our democracy. NOBODY should want that to happen. As much as I despised the policies of George Bush, I did not want him coming to harm either and would not have cared if the cost of his security was $1 million a minute. It's money well spent for the good of the nation.

Give it rest. If you feel you must criticize the President, pick something else. YOU take vacations, why shouldn't he?

5. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    lol, Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

can't have a obama thread without him

all we heard for EIGHT years while Bush was in office was the bitching about his going TO HIS OWN HOME

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  6. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Typical progressive, do as I say not as I do.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Hey, Obama hasn't let the 23 million out of work stop him from his vacations before, why should he start now...he is giving them "welfare" after all they should be THANKFUL

8. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    steffie... you're pathetic.

9. Stephanie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    no more than you Jilly

but you are more shrill and crazy..don't forget I was here with YOU during the Bush administration..I can vouch for your love of Bush..lol

10. Cammmpbell

Cammmpbell Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +517
    What can you do about it? He kicked Romulus' ass and has four years to do as he pleases. The Republican house of representatives is a different story. If they don't change their attitudes their party will soon be non existent.

It amazes me that the American electorate spoke loudly when they reelected an incumbent president in the middle of hard times and high unemployment and the Right still doesn't get it. Obama can play golf or basketball every day for the rest of his life if he wants to. I honestly believe the Right's stance against what used to be the middle class of America will do them in for good if they don't change.....and soon:

Obama....................332
    Romulus...................206