Forcible Rape vs. Legitimate Rape.

Atkins is the quintessential example of the thundering stupidity of those typically holding his political POV.

He thinks that raped women have the ability NOT to get preggers?

Oh, yeah, stupid beyond belief.

He's a perfect GOP candidate.

Forcible Rape ( Paul Ryan ) vs. Legitimate ( Todd Akin ). Is there much of a difference?

Can anyone explain it?

One has nothing to do with the other. Two differnt words with two different meanings. Maybe you meant legitimate vs illegitimate? All rapes are forcible, Even statutory rape.

Forcible Rape ( Paul Ryan ) vs. Legitimate ( Todd Akin ). Is there much of a difference?

Can anyone explain it?

Maybe Ryan can explain his position better. Congressman Akin can help him with his defense. They have worked well together in the past and I am sure agree with each other on many postitions...

Oh, and since he would like to take insurance coverage away from contraceptives, he can explain that also. Great Pick Mitt!

Atkins is the quintessential example of the thundering stupidity of those typically holding his political POV.

He thinks that raped women have the ability NOT to get preggers?

Oh, yeah, stupid beyond belief.

He's a perfect GOP candidate.

He stands as a shining example of the prevelant thinking among GOP Congressmen...:clap2:

just vote for the abortion President folks...Obama

since this seems to be the most IMPORTANT thing to worry about

Can anyone explain it?

Yes. It is a choice Aikin didn't make. He did NOt distinguish between "legitimate" rape and whatever its counterpart might be. Presumably, he intended something like "a false claim of rape."

It may be politically incorrect, and even touching on the topic sounds like a throwback to the old jurist who advised the world that "rape is a charge easily to be made . . . ." BUT, it is still possible for a woman to make a false accusation.

Putting that aside, how are HIS words all that different from the words of that lib moron, Whoopi Goldberg, who distinguished between "rape" and "rape rape?"

man oh man...

the desperation is showing

I know, right? People desperately trying to defend a guy who thinks some forms of rape are not legitimate! (not all Republicans mind you - most rightfully threw him under the bus)

9 hours and 20 minutes until this guy can't be removed from the ticket. Hang tough, Mr Akin!

man oh man...

the desperation is showing

I know, right? People desperately trying to defend a guy who thinks some forms of rape are not legitimate! (not all Republicans mind you - most rightfully threw him under the bus)

9 hours and 20 minutes until this guy can't be removed from the ticket. Hang tough, Mr Akin!

:rolleyes:
yawn

When the time came where we ALMOST got back that child molesting fugitive piece of shit, Roman Polanski, to face the music, Whoopi Goldberg famously intoned her opinion that the rape of a willing minor isn't really RAPE rape.

I don't recall hearing lots of libs condemning her imbecility -- for SOME reason.

They can't defend Obama's record so they have to attack Ryans

Nothing new, they did the same thing with Palin

When the time came where we ALMOST got back that child molesting fugitive piece of shit, Roman Polanski, to face the music, Whoopi Goldberg famously intoned her opinion that the rape of a willing minor isn't really RAPE rape.

I don't recall hearing lots of libs condemning her imbecility -- for SOME reason.

That was, of course, a completely ignorant and stupid thing for Whoopi Goldberg to say. If she ever runs for the Senate I'm sure people will confront her about it.

That was, of course, a completely ignorant and stupid thing for Whoopi Goldberg to say. If she ever runs for the Senate I'm sure people will confront her about it.

"Sure" you say?

Really?

:lmao:

But yeah. It WAS a completely ignorant thing to say. And yeah, what Aikin said doesn't qualify him for MENSA, either.

You are a retard, legitimate rape as opposed to saying you got raped, ala the Duke Lacross case. Morons like you wouldnt get that distinction I know, but he didnt want a bunch of people using the rape clause as a way to get an abortion.

Sallow is no idiot. He's playing the game. Losing, but still playing

President Obama 332 Governor Romney 206

RealClearPolitics - 2012 Election Maps - Electoral Map

Between taxes and legitimate rape, I think that these numbers are only going to get better for the President. Grampa, it ain't Sallow losing at this point. It is the GOP and their anti-female stance.

President Obama's record. When he came into office on 20Jan09, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month and the stock market had lost half it's value, thanks to the GOP leadership. Today we are gaining jobs every month, and the stock market has regained it's value.

And nobody need attack Ryan's record. Just get that record out to the voting public, all that is needed. And that is what the GOP fears.

I've not paid any attention to this topic. But, if someone used the phrase "legitimate rape", I'd assume it was a poor way of saying forcible rape.

I agree.

So why has Ryan suddenly changed his view on this?

He feels the exact same way about rape that Akin does..

And during the debates Romney flip flopped on abortion and threw is lot in with the Ryan/Akin view point.

Why have they all changed?

Can't opinions evolve, or is that reserved only for Obama and Democrats?

evolve?

don't you mean etch-a-sketch???

and i seem to remember the dumbest political campaign ever which went something like "he was for it before he was against it'.

or is that only ok for right-wingers?

so you were saying?

And it worked...

Frankly, this Akin guy is a gift from Heaven.

evidently if that's what you need to count on for your Dear Leader to win

pretty pathetic

Like I said, when you guys nominated Romney, you lost my vote. I was willing to give the GOP another chance, but not when it's a wholey owned subsidary of the Latter Day Saints Cult.

The GOP today is the wealthy trying to maintain their privilage by manipulating the religious crazy. It worked for a while, but people are getting wise to it.

When you get to the point where you even reject science because it doesn't support your superstitious worldview (Rape victims don't get pregnant, the world isn't getting warmer, dinosaurs died out because Noah didn't have room for them on the Ark)

Forum List

Back