Forcible Rape vs. Legitimate Rape.

I've not paid any attention to this topic. But, if someone used the phrase "legitimate rape", I'd assume it was a poor way of saying forcible rape.

I've not paid any attention to this topic. But, if someone used the phrase "legitimate rape", I'd assume it was a poor way of saying forcible rape.

I agree.

So why has Ryan suddenly changed his view on this?

He feels the exact same way about rape that Akin does..

And during the debates Romney flip flopped on abortion and threw is lot in with the Ryan/Akin view point.

Why have they all changed?

Forcible Rape ( Paul Ryan ) vs. Legitimate ( Todd Akin ). Is there much of a difference?

Can anyone explain it?

It had to do with statutory rape v. ‘forcible’ rape, where the former might result in a pregnancy from an otherwise ‘consensual’ sexual relationship between a minor and adult.

As we know Federal funding is prohibited with regard to paying for abortions, with some exceptions, rape being one of them. By eliminating statutory rape from the exemption, as Paul Ryan sought to do as an original co-sponsor of the ‘No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,’ funding could be withheld for abortions where minors became pregnant as a consequence of statutory rape, thus placing greater restrictions on the procedure, and expanding government authority into our private lives.

I agree.

So why has Ryan suddenly changed his view on this?

He feels the exact same way about rape that Akin does..

And during the debates Romney flip flopped on abortion and threw is lot in with the Ryan/Akin view point.

Why have they all changed?

Can't opinions evolve, or is that reserved only for Obama and Democrats?

You are a retard, legitimate rape as opposed to saying you got raped, ala the Duke Lacross case. Morons like you wouldnt get that distinction I know, but he didnt want a bunch of people using the rape clause as a way to get an abortion.

You are a retard, legitimate rape as opposed to saying you got raped, ala the Duke Lacross case. Morons like you wouldnt get that distinction I know, but he didnt want a bunch of people using the rape clause as a way to get an abortion.

Sallow is no idiot. He's playing the game. Losing, but still playing

I know, he's a derp and just does what the democrats tell him to do.

It's no game.

Ryan's position isn't much different then Akins.

It's no game.

You're right, but you treat it like one........fact is what is the position you keep talking about? I know what it is, I doubt you do.

It's no game.

We didn't elect Biden to potus. Nor is Ryan running for the position.

This issue will sway no one. The GOP beat you guys to the news cycle by putting him out. You lost your fuel.

Forcible Rape ( Paul Ryan ) vs. Legitimate ( Todd Akin ). Is there much of a difference?

Can anyone explain it?

I would think that legitimate rape is when no consent is given. Any other rape is when one is underage and has consensual sex - statutory rape, although I don't believe that should be called rape.

It's no game.

This issue will sway no one. The GOP beat you guys to the news cycle by putting him out. You lost your fuel.

What are you talking about?

The last few elections have seen Vice Presidents that were a major factor in policy making. From George HW Bush, to Al Gore to Dick Cheney. Even Biden has some sway over Obama.

And since 2010...there have been a barrage of congressional bills meant to destroy a woman's right to choose.

Akins..did Obama a favor..by shining a light on a Republican party plank..but he only "shined" the light..because the plank was always there.

The Republicans support Akin's stance..just not his verbiage.

It's no game.

The last few elections have seen Vice Presidents that were a major factor in policy making. From George HW Bush, to Al Gore to Dick Cheney. Even Biden has some sway over Obama.

And since 2010...there have been a barrage of congressional bills meant to destroy a woman's right to choose.

Akins..did Obama a favor..by shining a light on a Republican party plank..but he only "shined" the light..because the plank was always there.

Nice basket you put everyone in. I suppose by your logic I should consider you a commie?

I find it funny people are trying to defend this. It just makes you look like an asshole.

It's no game.

Ehhh... What does it matter? We have a one term President who sucks so bad he cannot run on ANY positive record... All he can do is use his simpleton minions like yourself to do whatever is in your power to discredit Romney, and Ryan so you might have a snowballs chance in hell come November. Good luck with that.

Nice basket you put everyone in. I suppose by your logic I should consider you a commie?

Good one!
You're quite right...after all, you've never generalised, have you?

Forum List

Back