For those who describe themselves as small gov't conservatives, healthcare question

What do you think is the best way to handle healthcare?

• Obamacare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romneycare

• Individual mandate

• Free market

Votes: 24 100.0%

• Total voters
What value does health insurance offer in the health care equation? It's the interjection of health insurance companies and their need to satisfy investors and turn a profit that has helped to destroy the health care system in this country. Profit can only be made when less money is paid out than is put in. That means Americans are paying more for their insurance than they are receiving back in actual healthcare. Eliminate or greatly reduce health insurance in the healthcare process and you go a long way to solving the problem.

Complete BS

what has destroyed it, is the mandates of coverage. Health insurance is not allowed to act as other insurances.

What value does health insurance offer in the health care equation? It's the interjection of health insurance companies and their need to satisfy investors and turn a profit that has helped to destroy the health care system in this country. Profit can only be made when less money is paid out than is put in. That means Americans are paying more for their insurance than they are receiving back in actual healthcare. Eliminate or greatly reduce health insurance in the healthcare process and you go a long way to solving the problem.

Complete BS

what has destroyed it, is the mandates of coverage. Health insurance is not allowed to act as other insurances.

What mandate? The one from Affordable Care Act? That's not even fully implemented yet and the healthcare landscape was a complete mess LONG before Obama was president. Sorry to burst your bubble, I know you think everything bad in the world is because of Obama.

So your healthcare views line up the most with Newt's.

If you say so...

As it is, we pay more for healthcare and receive less than any other industrialized nation. Mostly because politicians of both parties are primarily interested in protecting insurance companies, pharmaceuticals, doctors and lawyers

Pay more and receive less, which is why radical change is needed.

When costs need to be brought down and efficiency needs to be increased, the last place I'd want to turn is gov't.

Bullseye there, but on the other hand we obviously can't just the medical "professionals" and the insurance companies have free reign either , they are no better about reigning in costs.

I DO think healtcare insurance should be mandatory, and don't give me unconstitutional blah blah blah, the states have been forcing drivers to buy auto insurance for years.

But why are we tying it to employment and making it THEIR burden to provide, does your employer provide your auto insurance? Oh, they don't?

Why not handle it the same way rural areas buy electricity, with a co op? Each state has a health insurance co op that any insurance company who wishes to participate must join. If you don't join, you can't sell insurance in that state (that's possibly unconstitutional but too bad) prices are capped by a board of governers made up of individuals, doctors, insurance representatives, and government officials.

If a coop member is in good standing, and loses their ability to pay their premiums for whatever reason the co op MUST maintain their coverage for up to 12 months . After that they can drop them.

Problem solved, but I don't think that is what anyone in the government wants.

Complete BS

What mandate? The one from Affordable Care Act? That's not even fully implemented yet and the healthcare landscape was a complete mess LONG before Obama was president. Sorry to burst your bubble, I know you think everything bad in the world is because of Obama.

Are you serious, you dont know about the rules governing health insurance

50 states 50 different sets of rules.

How could you be so damn stupid?

Complete BS

Are you serious, you dont know about the rules governing health insurance

50 states 50 different sets of rules.

How could you be so damn stupid?

I asked you which "mandate" you were referring to. Feel free to clarify the mandates you were referencing.

The problem with health care as i see it is that it has become synonymous with health insurance.

health care is the actual services provided by medical professionals and health insurance is a contracted method of payment for said services.

To have true market influence on health care we first must separate health care from health insurance.

The cost of health care services should be given to all patients in a menu of sorts.

When a doctor recommends services the patient should be able to shop around for the best price.

Then and only then will we see market control drive down health care costs. Under the current system there is no control in the hands of the consumer and total control is vested in the insurance companies.

It is the fatal flaw of our system.

I agree with you.

At best, insurance is just a stopgap measure to help pay escalating costs. The key is holding down healthcare costs. This can be better done through competition, advertising exactly what a procedure will cost vs what others in the area are charging and cutting the massive overhead in the healthcare industry

Always the free market.

Careful what you ask-for......

:eusa_whistle:

"The most compelling sentences in the Obama administration’s brief defending the constitutionality of the health-care law come early on. “As a class,” the brief advises on Page 7, “the uninsured consumed $116 billion of health-care services in 2008.”

On the next page, the brief drives the point home: “In 2008, people without insurance did not pay for 63 percent of their health-care costs.”

Those figures amount to a powerful refutation of the argument that the individual mandate — the requirement that individuals obtain insurance or pay a penalty — exceeds the government’s authority to regulate interstate commerce. To me, $116 billion seems like a whole lot of commerce.

But let’s leave the Supreme Court justices to hack their way through the underbrush of the Commerce Clause. Because those numbers are not only relevant to Commerce Clause jurisprudence, they illuminate the fundamental irrationality of public opposition to the individual mandate.

The mandate is by far the most unpopular feature of a law on which Americans are otherwise evenly divided.

Yet this is a provision that the overwhelming majority — those with insurance — should support, for the simple reason that these people currently end up footing the bill for much of that $116 billion.

As the government’s brief notes, “Congress found that this cost-shifting increases the average premium for insured families by more than $1,000 per year.”

If there's anyone who can explain all this, to Teabaggers....without using any large-words....try to give it a shot.​

The problem with health care as i see it is that it has become synonymous with health insurance.

health care is the actual services provided by medical professionals and health insurance is a contracted method of payment for said services.

To have true market influence on health care we first must separate health care from health insurance.

The cost of health care services should be given to all patients in a menu of sorts.

When a doctor recommends services the patient should be able to shop around for the best price.

Then and only then will we see market control drive down health care costs. Under the current system there is no control in the hands of the consumer and total control is vested in the insurance companies.

It is the fatal flaw of our system.

I agree with you.

At best, insurance is just a stopgap measure to help pay escalating costs. The key is holding down healthcare costs. This can be better done through competition, advertising exactly what a procedure will cost vs what others in the area are charging and cutting the massive overhead in the healthcare industry

....Which is pretty-much what....

....will cover.​

Forum List

Back