For The One That Ran Away!

I

infernus2004

i am going to college to become a professional writer, so this is going to be long. so far my story is 25 pages long if put ion word, so i will post 1 page a day and. i'm not sure if 18+ is allowed on this board so i may hold off to a bit, let me know if it is okay so i can add the end.

this story is based on a videogame called dead or alive made by tecmo here is the first page:

For the one who ran away...

It was a cold night. Rain was sweeping across the land and thunder could be heard. It was the kind of night that you'd expect to see in a scary movie. But this night was real. The streets were desolate. The people were sitting at home, watching television, playing card-games, or drinking at the local cafe. The people searched for a little warmth and comfort. Everyone wanted to be warm and feel people around them. Everyone. Especially a young woman who sat against the wall of a building. She tried to keep warm by putting a brown woolen blanket around herself, but it was no use. The blanket was soaked. And so was she. Her body was shaking from the cold and she felt miserable. The sudden sound of thunder startled her, and she looked in the direction of it with widened eyes. Her face was soaking wet, so her tears were barely visible. She thought how it would be to have a place to call home. To have some friends and family to be with. A nice warm bed... But that wasn't meant for her. No. She was a runaway. She would never be able to reunite with her family again. What was worse, her friends and family were actually sending assassins after her. To kill her for breaking the Code. Strands of her long red-brown hair stuck her face. She missed her brother very much. Hayate was his name. He wasn't actually participating in the attempts at her life, but he wasn't doing anything against it either. No wonder. He would risk his life by doing so. But he was the leader... Why? Why... That word constantly demanded attention in the girl's mind. She shouldn't think about it anymore... She should think about nice things... But there were no nice things to think about. She had gone to the city to feel a bit safer, but she hadn't expected to end up like this. She decided she would return to the forests the next day. Then she would be able to sleep in the trees again. That was a lot more... comfortable.

A sudden thought came into her mind to relieve her spirit. She wasn't completely alone. There was one person who really cared for her. And that was her brother's best friend. A young shop owner by the name of Ryu Hayabusa. He traveled a lot and collected trinkets to sell in his shop. That was the way he made a living. He practiced his own version of ninjitsu, but he wasn't part of any clan like Hayate was. He was... free. But he still was a ninja. He had helped Kasumi in the past a couple of times and that had cost him his honor. Helping a runaway shinobi was the most dishonorable thing a ninja could do. Most of the clans knew the story of Hayabusa helping the runaway known as Kasumi and many refused to see him as a true ninja for that. But Hayabusa didn't seem to care. Or at least, that was what he wanted Kasumi to think.

Suddenly, Kasumi got ripped from her thoughts by a man who was watching her. He stood there in the rain. Just watching. Kasumi couldn't see who it was. She got scared. This could be an assassin! She reached for her small katana, which was sheathed on her back, but the man said: "Do you want to FIGHT to get warm?" Despite the sound of falling rain, Kasumi clearly heard that it was Hayabusa's voice. She slowly stood up. It was difficult because of her cold bones and it sort of hurt, but she managed. "H... H.... H... Hayabusa?" she said with a shaking mouth from the cold.

"Come with me. You're going to get a cold." the young man simply said.

Kasumi just nodded. She felt relief when she noticed it was indeed Hayabusa who approached her. He was wearing jeans and a cotton sweater. It was all soaked as well. He had a jacket under his arm.

"Drop the blanket." he said with a soft voice.

Kasumi did what he asked. There was no need for the soaked blanket anymore. Hayabusa then hung the jacket at Kasumi's shoulders, who thankfully smiled at him. The jacket was warm and didn't allow any water to penetrate the upper layer. Kasumi closed her big brown eyes. The jacket was a little comfort to her.

"Come with me." Hayabusa said as he started to walk away. Kasumi followed him, sensing a little warmth and happiness in her future.

Kasumi closed her eyes as she let the warm water kiss her soft skin. She moved her hands through her hair and stroke away some wet strands from her face as she allowed the warm water of the shower to get rid of the cold feeling in her bones. She washed her hair and the rest of her body. She hadn't taken a shower in such a long time. And the showers she had been forced to use in dirty hotel rooms were far less comfortable than Hayabusa's shower. She shivered at the thought of the hotel room she had been in last time. The cockroaches were everywhere. It had been terrible! And then her neighbor... A dirty man who had actually wanted to use her for... sex... Kasumi quickly shook her head. She had to stop thinking about that. She was with Hayabusa now. Her best friend. Her only friend. She was in a decent house with a decent bathroom and a decent young man who was taking care of her now. She remained in the shower for some time until she turned it off and stepped out of it. She stood in a small, but decent bathroom. There was even a small bathtub. Kasumi noticed Hayabusa had put a towel, a robe and even a pair of shorts on the basin. He had to have done it while she had been showering. She took the towel and started to dry herself with it. When she finished, she put it on the wet tiled pavement of the bathroom. She smiled as she put on the shorts. It was obvious that it was one of Hayabusa's, since it was way too large for her. But it was at least something. She put on the robe and exited the bathroom right after she turned off the light.

i wanted to put more, but it seems the site only allows 15000 words at a time.

here's page 2

Hayabusa lived in a house that consisted of one floor above his shop. It was decent and held one living room, one kitchen, one bedroom and one bathroom. All not very large in size, but Hayabusa had furnished the rooms neatly, so they actually seemed larger than they really were. Kasumi heard the rain and saw the lightning through the windows as she walked to the living room where she saw a dim light. When she entered it, she saw Hayabusa standing in front of the window, staring at the rain outside.

"All warmed up?" he asked, not moving a muscle whatsoever.

"Hmhm." Kasumi said. She felt herself taking a defensive position. Hayabusa wasn't really open to her, as she noticed by his reactions, his body language and the tone in his voice. And that scared her a little. He was her friend, but he was still Hayabusa. She moved her hand through her wet hair and removed some strands from her face. "Thank you. For giving me shelter." she said carefully.

Hayabusa turned his face a bit towards her. "It is my duty to protect you. I promised your brother."

"That is a very old promise." Kasumi said, trying to keep the conversation up.

Hayabusa returned his look to the grey sky. "A promise is a promise. No matter how old it is or how swift it has been made."

"So..." Kasumi started, getting less and less comfortable in front of the cold Hayabusa. A friend he was and he gave her comfort, though he didn't intend that. He was strange in a lot of ways, but he was the only one who actually helped her and sheltered her, so she tried not to mind it. "How long can I stay here?"

Hayabusa now turned around to face her. His eyes were calm, but also calculating at the same time. As if he was in a battle. Kasumi figured life was a battle for Hayabusa. "For as long as you like. Make yourself at home."

For as long as she liked? Was he mad? What if the Mugen-Tenshin would find out? Then his life would not be safe! "For as long as I like?" Kasumi asked.

Hayabusa nodded. "If you think you're not safe here anymore, you're free to leave." He walked to the exit of the living room. He turned to her again. "Try to make yourself comfortable. You can sleep in my bed. I go out for a walk." Having said that, he walked out of Kasumi's sight. And when the door of the shop opened and closed again, Kasumi was all alone in the house.

She didn't waste time to wonder why Hayabusa would go out in weather like this. He'd probably had his reasons. Hayabusa always had his reasons, how strange they might seem to someone who didn't know him. But did Kasumi know him? Just the side she'd seen in the tournaments. Icy. Calculating. But for a ninja as Hayabusa, he kept his house decent.

Kasumi took a moment to look around the house. She took the stairs down to the shop. She shivered as her feet touched the cold tiles which covered the floor of the shop as she turned on the light. She had briefly walked through it when Hayabusa had guided her into his house, but now she was able to take some time to see just what Hayabusa was actually selling. She saw some pretty weird things. Odd animals and plants. The plants were still alive. The animals were dead and stuffed. Just when Kasumi started to find it scary, she saw a glass stand with several beautiful rocks in it. They looked more like diamonds. She forgot about her cold feet and walked to it. She stared at the shining rocks. They were so beautiful! She figured people had to pay a fortune for one of those. If she had money, she would've bought one, she knew that. She rubbed her arms. It was chilly and the robe wasn't really a tough barrier against the cold. Kasumi walked back to the stairs and switched off the light.

She returned to the living room and the first thing she saw was a bookcase. She walked to it and browsed the titles of the books. Thrillers mostly. But also a cooking-book. Kasumi giggled softly. Hayabusa lived alone, so he had to be a master of many skills! The books remembered her of her quiet life. When she had had the time to read. When she had still been with the clan. With her friends and her family... And now those friends and family were hunting her like some animal. She sighed. She didn't feel like feeling sorry for herself. Self-pity was for the weak. And besides, there were people who's lives were even harder than hers. Why complain?

page 3

She took her time to search for all the light-switches and switched them off. She then searched the house and found the bedroom. It was like the rest of the house: Decent. But one thing troubled Kasumi. The bed... It was meant for... two people. She walked into the room and turned on the lamp on the drawer next to the bed. And her breathing ceased as soon as she found the answer to the bed-problem. On the drawer, next to the lamp, stood a picture in a frame. She picked it up and studied it. It was a picture of a girl with blonde long hair. The girl smiled. She was a pretty sight.

Kasumi was stunned. Hayabusa had a... girlfriend? This was just... unbelievable! Ryu Hayabusa had a girlfriend? Kasumi's world stood up side down.

But she smiled. That Hayabusa! Still waters have deep grounds. She would confront him with it next day! But for now, she had to sleep. She was tired. She put the picture back on the drawer and untied the robe. She put it on a chair and lay down into the bed. It was incredibly comfortable. So soft... She untied the simple ribbon that held her hair in a ponytail and put the piece of cotton next to the lamp on the drawer as she shook her beautiful reddish brown hair loose. It fell over her shoulders, caressing them softly. She turned off the lamp and turned around.

One thing was strange, though. How come she had startled so much in the first place when she had seen that Hayabusa had a girl? It had been a strange type of fear. A mixture of jealousy and... Anger. This was nuts! Jealous? At Hayabusa's girlfriend? Why? Did she want a boyfriend too? Ah, this was crazy! It was ridiculous and stupid. Kasumi, the runaway and a boyfriend? Pff. Nonsense! And besides, she was a runaway, but she was still a kunoichi! There was no way a potential love-relationship was allowed. Darn. She was only a few hours in Hayabusa's house and she already felt sad because of love she had never experienced. This was just... bullshit! She sighed. Love... Who needed that anyway?

The next morning, Kasumi woke up, just like every morning. Except that this time, the sounds of nature were replaced by a peaceful silence. And the hard ground was no more. Unless one could sink away in a hard ground. Unless a hard ground was white and smelled clean. And unless a hard ground was covered with a warm blanket.

Kasumi turned and twisted, making her skin kiss the delightful sheets. She lay on her stomach, but wanted her back to feel the sheet as well, so she turned around again. But then again, her stomach deserved some softness as well... Kasumi chuckled. Safety meant a lot more choices, that was for sure! Safety? Yeah, safety... She turned to lie on her side and then noticed something. The picture of the blonde girl... was gone! She remembered the picture when she had noticed it was gone. That was strange. She looked to her side, next to the bed. But the ground was empty. The picture was just gone!

Oh well... It could've fallen behind the drawer. But she didn't feel like looking.

After a while of twisting and turning, Kasumi decided to stand up. She stretched herself and experienced a short moment of freedom. It faded swiftly away, but it felt great. She realized she stood in front of a window with only wearing Hayabusa's shorts and startled. She quickly picked up the robe and put it on. Pfff... What if someone would've peeked? What if Ryu would have... No, Ryu wouldn't do that... And if so... It wouldn't be... THAT bad... Well, he WAS giving her shelter and all... And... Well... What an odd thought... Kasumi shook her head to clear it and exited the room.

She walked to the living room to search for Hayabusa and found him fully dressed sitting at the table, eating his breakfast and reading a newspaper. So Hayabusa read a newspaper too? Hm. Conventional... For a guy like Ryu, at least. Kasumi hesitated to say something. Ryu was facing her with his back, so he couldn't... "Good morning." he said with a monotonous voice.

Kasumi startled. But she wasn't surprised. Hayabusa was the super-ninja after all. His senses were sharper than that of a cat. And he had probably more lives as well. "Good morning." Kasumi returned. She felt herself taking a defensive position again. Perhaps it was because Hayabusa was so cold. Yeah. A very icy cat he was...

"Bread is in the kitchen." Hayabusa said, his voice unchanged, his eyes fixed on his morning-paper.

"Right." Kasumi said. What an annoying way to be greeted by a person in the early morning. Oh well. She got food and a bed from him, so she had better not bite the hand that fed her. She walked to the kitchen, which was just a part of the living room. She grabbed the bread and butter, having nothing else to do. She felt uncomfortable. She didn't really know what to do in this situation. She still found it uneasy that she had gotten shelter from Ryu as if it was nothing.

i am going to college to become a professional writer, so this is going to be long. so far my story is 25 pages long if put ion word, so i will post 1 page a day and. i'm not sure if 18+ is allowed on this board so i may hold off to a bit, let me know if it is okay so i can add the end.

Sure, it's okay. It's just a story, you aren't posting the video just yet!

I look forward to returning and reading it. We have another aspiring writer on the board, Dan. I'm sure he'll be pleased to see you posting.

Thanks for sharing!

i personaaly wrote this for my dead or alive board, but they pissed me off so much, i just left. this is my new site for posting stories. warning+ i spend more time doing 18+ stuff. it just seems easier to write.

Originally posted by infernus2004
i personaaly wrote this for my dead or alive board, but they pissed me off so much, i just left. this is my new site for posting stories. warning+ i spend more time doing 18+ stuff. it just seems easier to write.

I'm sure it'll be more interesting for me then. :p

I don't think anyone here will be offended, and if there is someone that might they'll probably know not to read after your first statement.

Let it roll!

cool! then let the rest of the story begin.

btw, for those non-18+ers i'll let you know when the part begins. it's not until the last 5 pages, so there's nothing to worry about except for kissing.

Yeah, I'm going to school for writing myself, I'll definitely give it a read tomorrow, I'm kinda drained right now (it's quarter after 3).

And, for some reason, the majority of stuff I write has "adult" material as well, I try to make pretty much everything I write as real as possible, and in reality most people tend to do or say vulgar things sometimes. As Jim said, I don't think anyone will mind, but it was cool of you to put up the warning anyway.

Like I said, tomorrow, I'll read your story. If you want to, you can take a look at a short story I wrote that the literary magazine at my school published last year...

Jennifer's Body

Some good writing there! yes, you and Dan have alot in common. Keep them coming!

i read jennifer's bodyu. that was really good. For something done for school, i really enjoyed it(I usually hate anything schoolwise.)

sorry i haven't been on lately. my internet is being a piece of shit.(i hate dsl) well anyway, here's the next few pages.

He was strange. Always helping those in need and all, but he was always rude to people. Barely said a word. He closed himself off of the outside world most of the time. Suddenly, Kasumi remembered the picture again. She walked back to Hayabusa, determined to find out what that was. She stood next to him, but he didn't look up from his paper. She opened her mouth to speak, but Hayabusa said: "What is it?" Monotonous, uninterested, insulting. As always. "Who's that girl on the picture in your room?" Kasumi asked, as politely as possible.

Hayabusa remained silent for a few moments. "What picture?" he then said.

"Well, the one with the pretty blonde girl." Kasumi said, surprised he reacted this way.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Hayabusa said calmly, surprising Kasumi, to say the least. How can you possibly forget about a picture of such a pretty lady?

"Oh, come on, Hayabusa. Is she your girlfriend?" Kasumi asked, trying to keep the conversation up.

Hayabusa then looked up from his paper. He stood up and emptied his cup of coffee in one gulp. He walked past Kasumi without saying a word. He looked at the low table next to the couch.

Kasumi noticed the picture stood there! On that table! The same picture! She returned her look to Hayabusa.

Hayabusa's hand disappeared into the pocket of his jeans and got pulled out again. It was closed this time. He looked at Kasumi, his eyes still cold, but more sad this time. He moved his hand swiftly towards her and opened it, throwing something towards her.

Kasumi was swift enough to catch the metal object. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw what it was. She looked at Ryu again with utter amazement inscribed on her face.

Hayabusa walked to the stairs and started to walk down. He looked up at the stunned Kasumi once more. "She's dead." he said. He then disappeared, leaving a shocked Kasumi, who returned her widened look to the engagement ring.

As soon as she was a bit over the shock, she followed Hayabusa down to the shop. "Hayabusa, I..." she started, but she realized he was gone.

Not much later, Ryu Hayabusa sat on a roof, overlooking the city. It was his favorite place. High above the busy streets. Quiet, with only the birds to disturb him. He was in thought. About Kasumi. About what she had brought up again. She had seen the picture before she had gone to bed. He had been too late. Ever since his fiancée had died, he had closed himself off of the outside world. He didn't want anything to do with people anymore. But his profession as a Ninja obligated him to fight for justice and to help people. The people he tried to avoid as much as possible. He sighed. Kasumi had always made things difficult for him. She resembled his deceased love in many ways. She was independent, quiet, but also kind in every way. Gentle, if you would. Perhaps that had convinced Hayabusa to take her in for protection and shelter. But the Kunoichi just made things even worse. It had been foolish to help her in the first place. But he WAS a ninja, and besides...

Suddenly, he noticed a woman's hand on his shoulder. He looked up and saw his fiancée. Her long blonde hair danced in the wind as she smiled at him. Hayabusa closed his eyes. "Irene..." he spoke softly.

The young woman sat down next to him and looked at him with caring eyes. No one had ever looked at Ryu that way. Not even his mother, who had been the closed person he had ever had to a family. She had never been family, however. Close to that, but not it. The only thing that put her close to a family-category was the fact that she had given birth to him. But that was all. But then again, it DID make him strong. Perhaps he had to thank her for that.

"Kasumi is a nice girl." Irene said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Hayabusa asked with a slightly annoyed voice.

Irene sighed. "Forget about me, Ryu. Let me die. Please. You're only hurting yourself."

"How can I possibly forget about you, Irene? I loved you. I still do!"

"And that means a lot to me, Ryu. But you have to let me go and get on with your life. Open yourself up a bit more towards Kasumi. She's a very friendly girl."

"I don't want Kasumi, I want you back, Irene!"

Irene looked at Hayabusa with a frown. "You've always tried to hide your feelings. To push your emotions away. But that's not right, Ryu."

Hayabusa looked away from her, back to the clouds. "I am a ninja, Irene. Emotions are obstacles."

"Don't say that, Ryu. You know it's wrong. You know it. You loved me."

"That's different." Hayabusa said softly.

Irene stood up. "Is it?" She looked at Ryu with sadness in her eyes. "You're suppressing your feelings too much, Ryu."

The next moment, Ryu felt a breeze through his hair and when he looked up, Irene was gone. However, he heard her words dancing on the wind. "Give Kasumi a chance..."

Hayabusa closed his eyes and then opened them again. Kasumi... pff... right... That didn't make sense! Okay, she wasn't unattractive and she was sweet and all, but... Ah, it wouldn't work out! And besides, he didn't want another girl so soon after Irene had died... soon? It had been... almost a year now...

Hayabusa's face turned into a grimace. Irene was right. He knew it. But on the other hand, he was... afraid to let her go. He didn't want to let her go. But she was dead! He rapidly stood up out of frustration. He had these thoughts every day now. Ever since she had been murdered. Yes, it had been murder. But no matter how hard Ryu had tried, he had never been able to find the one who had done it... He closed his eyes. Flashes of that dreaded day shot through his mind, hurting him even more.

Arriving at his home... Late... A white car dashed away... Some woman with odd white hair in it... He paid no attention, entered the house. Took the stairs... Darkness... Turned on the light... "I'm home!" he said. Cheerful... She didn't reply! She didn't reply!! Entering the bedroom... There she lay... So peaceful... Blood crawling down from the cut in her neck... NO!!

Hayabusa's eyes shot wide open. He suddenly felt lonely again.

"Giving birth to you was the worst mistake of my life!"

Hayabusa looked to his right and saw his mother. She looked just the same as when she had died from an overdoses of XTC.

"You get your filthy ass out of my house!" she yelled. Her mouth was shaking; she was in a bad condition. Her filthy hair hung disorderly in front of her face. "You don't listen!?" she yelled. She walked rapidly towards him and slapped him in his face. "Now get the hell out of my face before your father will use the belt, you little weasel!"

"Get me another beer, brat!"

Hayabusa looked to his left and saw his father, sitting in the chair with his beer-gut. Ryu closed his eyes. "No... You're both dead."

"You've always been weak, Hayabusa." Ayane's voice sounded in his head.
"The clans decided you are no longer worthy of your title as a ninja..." an elderly man's voice said.
"You clanless idiot!"
"That was the most stupid of all your mistakes, Ryu!"
"You're an outcast, just as that runaway you try to protect!"

"NO!!" Hayabusa yelled, startling some birds who quickly flew away from the rooftop. He was panting. Was he getting crazy? These attacks of memories started to become more and more frequent. The death of Irene had left it's marks.

"Irene is gone, Ryu." a male voice said from behind Hayabusa. Ryu quickly turned around and saw his friend Hayate. He was wearing his white ninja-gear and stood with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

Forum List

Back