For the celiac sufferers and Gluten intolerant....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
This stuff.... is the bomb.
After trying dozens of brands that either taste like paste, or slimy and too soft... these guys got it right.
It still doesn't have quite the "tooth" of regular pasta, but enough to be acceptable. So much, if someone didn't tell you it was gluten free... you wouldn't know it.

22.jpg

I'm not gluten intolerant, but I am diabetic and not supposed to have regular pasta.
I have tried many varieties of pasta as well, made from different veggies.......and like you, I found them lacking severely in the "tooth" department. I may be American Indian, but I think I was Italian in a previous life, as I love pasta and sauce!!! LOL

I found a few pastas that are 100% veggie matter (not wheat/non-grain), like carrot, spinach, soy, etc...
I have found those to suit my taste in pasta. I especially like the ones heavy on the spinach.

I'm not gluten intolerant, but I am diabetic and not supposed to have regular pasta.
I have tried many varieties of pasta as well, made from different veggies.......and like you, I found them lacking severely in the "tooth" department. I may be American Indian, but I think I was Italian in a previous life, as I love pasta and sauce!!! LOL

I found a few pastas that are 100% veggie matter (not wheat/non-grain), like carrot, spinach, soy, etc...
I have found those to suit my taste in pasta. I especially like the ones heavy on the spinach.
There is a beet pasta that is actually pretty good, also a sweet potato one that is good. But those are very limited to the scope of recipes you can use them in. Obviously both would be disastrous in any tomato based sauce.

There is a beet pasta that is actually pretty good, also a sweet potato one that is good. But those are very limited to the scope of recipes you can use them in. Obviously both would be disastrous in any tomato based sauce.

I've seen those on the shelves. I would think a potato type pasta would get too mushy for my taste, even though I love potatoes.

I recently got some tortillas made from green pea fiber. I have to say they were pretty damn good.
I'm starting to see a lot more choices in the realms of veggie matter products that have been notoriously made with wheat and grain ingredients.

If you like Mexican style foods, Siete brand is a bit expensive, but they are really good.

My wife bought these... they are WAAAAAAYYY better than regular Cheetos. Way better... I don't even like regular Cheetos.
And they are Gluten free

we.png

im diabetic and eat regular pasta....just dont eat a pound of it....

OMG.... these things are AMAZING (Arepas).... I could eat 20 of these.
Crusty on the outside, while soft and chewy on the inside... but not too chewy.
Will not absorb liquid easily, so great for making like a Pita and filling it with whatever you like... it will hold up without falling apart.

Forum List

Back