For doubtful del: Whalen speaks

I know the law. I know that when a police officer has a 911 call, no matter what the fuck was said to the dispatcher, he shows up on scene to investigate. I know that when a police officer asks to speak to you, you don't scream "I'LL TALK TO YOUR MOMMA!" I know that when you are asked to identfy yourself by a police officer, then you produce a god damned ID or you get hooked up. I don't know much, but I know that Gates fucked up and the Officer did this by the book.

You should do a little reading on the case. At the very least you should know Gates did show ID. It's the officer who did not show his.

The officer was wearing his ID.

l2badge.jpg

In MA policemen must show their ID card.

In MA not all policemen wear their badges.

You must be right since you seem to know so much about it. :lol:

I know the law. I know that when a police officer has a 911 call, no matter what the fuck was said to the dispatcher, he shows up on scene to investigate. I know that when a police officer asks to speak to you, you don't scream "I'LL TALK TO YOUR MOMMA!" I know that when you are asked to identfy yourself by a police officer, then you produce a god damned ID or you get hooked up. I don't know much, but I know that Gates fucked up and the Officer did this by the book.

I wasn't aware that this country now requires it's citizens to carry ID, much less produce it while in their own homes.

It does when they are reported for breaking and entering. Try again.

You should do a little reading on the case. At the very least you should know Gates did show ID. It's the officer who did not show his.

l2badge.jpg

Everything that I need to know about this case was in a couple of police reports that were independently exculpatory.

The two police reports contradict each other.

Okay. I stand corrected. He was arrested.

It was still a good bust.

But Crimson, have you even read anything that happened on this case? Did you read the police report? Did you listen to the dispatch call and the 911 call?

Gates was asked for his id from crowley, and gates asked crowley for his identification card and crowley refused to show it to him and then crowley asked gates again for his id, and gates gave it to him....this transpired in less than 1 minute from when Crowley arrived at his door.

Under massachusetts law, Crowley was required to show gates his government issued police id, gates asked 3 times for it and crowley NEVER gave it to him, only kept telling him his name?

Then, while gates was yelling and screaming and asking crowley for his identification card crowley said he would only give it to him if he stepped outside, crowley said this twice to him, immediately before he walked out of Gates' house/// so when he walked out following Crowley, AS CROWLEY ASKED HIM TO DO, screaming for the id, crowley immediately arrested him for disorderly conduct.

This is the sequence of what happened.

Gates was an ass from the beginning it appears, but he did not refuse to give his id as all of you keep saying...please read crowley's report, he asked once, gates said give me yours, crowley didn't but gates gave him his....like i said, this took less than a minute from his arrival.

Last edited:

I wasn't aware that this country now requires it's citizens to carry ID, much less produce it while in their own homes.

It does when they are reported for breaking and entering. Try again.
Sorry, no, this country does not require it's citizens to carry ID card.

l2badge.jpg

Everything that I need to know about this case was in a couple of police reports that were independently exculpatory.

Not really.

But I'm not argueing with you. Since the Messiah spoke on the matter, all you wingnuts have jumped on board. Crowley must be a racist son of a bitch because President Obama said so. I get it.

l2badge.jpg

Not really.

But I'm not argueing with you. Since the Messiah spoke on the matter, all you wingnuts have jumped on board. Crowley must be a racist son of a bitch because President Obama said so. I get it.

Before Obama not since.

Obama did not call Crowley a racist, nor did I.

I don't think you get much at all.

But Crimson, have you even read anything that happened on this case? Did you read the police report? Did you listen to the dispatch call and the 911 call?

Gates was asked for his id from crowley, and gates asked crowley for his identification card and crowley refused to show it to him and then crowley asked gates again for his id, and gates gave it to him....this transpired in less than 1 minute from when Crowley arrived at his door.

Under massachusetts law, Crowley was required to show gates his government issued police id, gates asked 3 times for it and crowley NEVER gave it to him, only kept telling him his name?

Then, while gates was yelling and screaming and asking crowley for his identification card crowley said he would only give it to him if he stepped outside, crowley said this twice to him, immediately before he walked out of Gates' house/// so when he walked out following Crowley, AS CROWLEY ASKED HIM TO DO, screaming for the id, crowley immediately arrested him for disorderly conduct.

Gates was an ass from the beginning it appears, but he did not refuse to give his id as all of you keep saying...please read crowley's report, he asked once, gates said give me yours, crowley didn't but gates gave him his....like i said, this took less than a minute from his arrival.

You have applied a State law that is not applicable. The State of lllinois has a law that requires offcers to show motorists the radar gun if asked, when pulled over for speeding. Guess how many officers follow that one? Very few. Officer safety comes first.

I have read the reports and they read to me, that Gates was irrate from the beginning. The only reason that Gates wanted the officers ID was to stir shit. He was calling the officer a racist from the begining. Was Crowley 100% correct? Hell, no. But he played it by the book when dealing with an obviously unstable individual. No officer is ever 100% in the right. Crowley played this much like I would have, but what do I know. :cool:

WE, the public ARE NOT REQUIRED to ever have to have id on us...barring when you drive!

if you are not required to have an id then you can NOT BE CHARGED for not having one...there is no penalty for not having one, PERIOD.

YOU ARE required to give the officer your name, if he has reasonable suspicion of a crime being committed by you when he asks you for it...and you can not lie and give him a false nam,e, you can be charged for doing such....

But in the United States of America, it is NOT LIKE GERMANY and we DO NOT have to have an id on us at all times....

AND THANK GOD, this is the case imho!

Care

WE, the public ARE NOT REQUIRED to ever have to have id on us...barring when you drive!

if you are not required to have an id then you can NOT BE CHARGED for not having one...there is no penalty for not having one, PERIOD.

YOU ARE required to give the officer your name, if he has reasonable suspicion of a crime being committed by you when he asks you for it...and you can not lie and give him a false nam,e, you can be charged for doing such....
But in the United States of America, it is NOT LIKE GERMANY and we DO NOT have to have an id on us at all times....

AND THANK GOD, this is the case imho!

Care

I don't think he was charged with not having an ID. However, in the part that I bolded, the officer has the right to detain you until your identity can be confirmed. Doesn't really apply here though.

You have applied a State law that is not applicable. The State of lllinois has a law that requires offcers to show motorists the radar gun if asked, when pulled over for speeding. Guess how many officers follow that one? Very few. Officer safety comes first.

I have read the reports and they read to me, that Gates was irrate from the beginning. The only reason that Gates wanted the officers ID was to stir shit. He was calling the officer a racist from the begining. Was Crowley 100% correct? Hell, no. But he played it by the book when dealing with an obviously unstable individual. No officer is ever 100% in the right. Crowley played this much like I would have, but what do I know. :cool:

It is the LAW Crimson, only a couple of years old, but the LAW none the less...Crowley, under these circumstance, was required under massachusetts law to give Gates his State issued police identification card.

Why didn't he? Cuz gates was such a jerk?

i dunno?

It is the LAW Crimson, only a couple of years old, but the LAW none the less...Crowley, under these circumstance, was required under massachusetts law to give Gates his State issued police identification card.

i dunno?

I agreed that it was law. Doesn't really make it relevant in practical terms. As I said, officer safety comes first.

i dunno?

I agreed that it was law. Doesn't really make it relevant in practical terms. As I said, officer safety comes first.
Actually, the safety of the public comes first. Officer safety is important but it isn't the purpose of a police department.

And giving his id in this particular situation would not have endangered Crowley.

Not really.

Before Obama not since.

Yeah. You didn't have to. :cool:
Didn't have to what? Say he was a racist?

I'll repeat what I've said in other posts. I have no idea if Crowley is a racist but I suspect he isn't. If he was one, accusations of being one would have rolled right off his back. I think it was specifically his being accused of racism that motivated his actions.
This is an officer who teaches racial profiling seminars, an officer who once tried to save the life of a black athlete, he prides himself on his lack of bias and his equal treatment of people of all races. To be labeled a racist by an arrogant Harvard Professor pissed him off. He got revenge.

The inconsistencies in his report, the tapes, the contradictions in the other officer's report and the statements by the 9!! caller and not to forget, the statements by the Gates, all present a different scenario than that of an officer doing what he should have done after determining that a break-in had not occurred.

Before Obama not since.

Yeah. You didn't have to. :cool:
Didn't have to what? Say he was a racist?

I'll repeat what I've said in other posts. I have no idea if Crowley is a racist but I suspect he isn't. If he was one, accusations of being one would have rolled right off his back. I think it was specifically his being accused of racism that motivated his actions.
This is an officer who teaches racial profiling seminars, an officer who once tried to save the life of a black athlete, he prides himself on his lack of bias and his equal treatment of people of all races. To be labeled a racist by an arrogant Harvard Professor pissed him off. He got revenge.

The inconsistencies in his report, the tapes, the contradictions in the other officer's report and the statements by the 9!! caller and not to forget, the statements by the Gates, all present a different scenario than that of an officer doing what he should have done after determining that a break-in had not occurred.

I agree, it seems it got the best of him...(it would get the best of most of us every day folk, especially if it was unprovoked for goodness sakes!)

But it did waste the tax payer's dime making the charge and hauling him in...even if it did make him feel better or more in control or more powerful...he broke some rules by not giving his identification card and by inviting Gates on to the porch twice...bringing the argument outside only to arrest him seconds later...this was showing his power and a waste, absolute waste of the tax payer's dime...especially since he KNEW without a doubt, that Gates was just an INNOCENT HOME OWNER in this whole mess around the 911 call and Crowley knew he was the homeowner within the first minute or two....and i have questions on whether he abused his power...because he was PISSED, NOT because he was a racist... is how i view this...

I realize this is only my opinion, but it is a very well researched and thought out opinion, and not one that came...shooting from the hip.

care

I realize this is only my opinion, but it is a very well researched and thought out opinion, and not one that came...shooting from the hip.

I don't think even the most rabid Crowley supporters could argue with that. ...

But they prolly will, lol!

Forum List

Back