Food for thought if you're a science lover

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
You're not doing science any favors when you use it to attack and insult religion. If you force religious people to choose between their faith and science most of them will choose their faith. Instead you should promote science in a positive way and allow people to take that journey on their own. The battle against ignorance is won with patience and tact.

Last edited:
You're not doing science any favors when you use it to attack and insult religion. If you force religious people to choose between their faith and science most of them will choose their faith. Instead you should promote science in a positive way and allow people to take that journey on their own. The battle against ignorance is won with patience and tact.
Personally I don't think religion and science belong in the same conversations. They are two separate subjects. The only time they should intersect is when religion claims scientific truth or science tries to delve into faith. Apples and oranges.

Stop with the ignorant right wing swill. When the right wants to include magical creation as science, they are not only attacking science. They are attacking intelligence and reason.

Stop with the ignorant right wing swill. When the right wants to include magical creation as science, they are not only attacking science. They are attacking intelligence and reason.

^ Believes evil Republicans are responsible for the flat tire he woke up to this morning

• Banned
I take a lot of issue with atheists like Richard Dawkins that feel it is their duty to confront religious people and try to make them feel stupid. If the goal is widespread acceptance of science then I think they're doing more harm than good. You're never going to convince somebody to see it your way by being a confrontational and condescending asshole.

Last edited:
I take a lot of issue with atheists like Richard Dawkins that feel it is their duty to confront religious people and try to make them feel stupid. If the goal is widespread acceptance of science then I think they're doing more harm than good. You're never going to get somebody to see it your way by being a confrontational and condescending asshole.
I'm only somewhat familiar with Dawkins and when I've seen him it's usually in the context of responding to what I would consider religion infringing on science. Most often in reference to the arguments over creationism being taught in science class. I tend to agree with him on that note as I believe creationism belongs in religious studies or philosophy.

I take a lot of issue with atheists like Richard Dawkins that feel it is their duty to confront religious people and try to make them feel stupid. If the goal is widespread acceptance of science then I think they're doing more harm than good. You're never going to get somebody to see it your way by being a confrontational and condescending asshole.
Dawkins is a douchebag. Religious people can believe whatever they want, as long as they don't threaten people's rights in the name of magical beliefs.

^ Believes evil Republicans are responsible for the flat tire he woke up to this morning
That never occurred to me. Was it you? It seems like your speed.

Forum List

Back