Fmr. Oak Ridge Boys Member Gary McSpadden Has Died

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Never heard of him until to day, but it seems he had a pretty fulfilling career

Gospel singer and songwriter Gary McSpadden has died after a battle with pancreatic Cancer. McSpadden passed away on Wednesday, April 15th at the Cancer Treatment Center of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He was 77-years-old.

Gospel singer and songwriter Gary McSpadden has died after a battle with pancreatic Cancer. McSpadden passed away on Wednesday, April 15th at the Cancer Treatment Center of America in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He was 77-years-old.

Sad, another Covid-19 death. May he rest in peace.

What a shame. We play Elvira at every family reunion, wedding, and, picnic as it is tradition. Yes, for those interested, we are hill people.
Oh boy, now it's in my head. Which lines did the recently departed do?

Oh! I think it was the "Ooom boppa Ooom boppa Ooom boppa maow maow" guy.

• Banned
Oh boy, now it's in my head. Which lines did the recently departed do?

Oh! I think it was the "Ooom boppa Ooom boppa Ooom boppa maow maow" guy.
No, he left the Oak Ridge Boys- he was with them just as they hit the big time but pursued other interests-

• Banned
I wonder why we have to post links since nobody reads them.

• Banned
BTW, Brian Denehy died yesterday - at 81, of natural causes at home.

Of course it didn't make the "news" because- Trump- no flu involved.

Every death is a Wuhan death.....try to keep up with the propo
No, only those related to the flu or can blame the flu- Brian Denehy's faimily and Gary McSpadden's family BOTH gave the causes of death, so, they didn't really make the MSM news.

I wonder which voice he was? The tenor, the bass, so on.....

My most favorite member of the act is at the top of this picture. Sadly his self inflicted passing took place on June 10, 1998 and I hate it, I love him so much!!!

157006.jpg

God bless you and those who have loved him longer than me always!!!

Holly

P.S. Gary McSpadden was the baritone member from 1962-1963. The picture in my message is of the 1987-1995 line up.

I wonder which voice he was? The tenor, the bass, so on.....
Good lord people- there is a link!

A baritone who performed in numerous Gospel groups throughout his career, including The Statesmen, The Oak Ridge Boys, The Imperials, The Bill Gaither Trio, and The Gaither Vocal Band, Gary McSpadden was also a solo singer and songwriter, television host, and pastor throughout his nearly 60 year career.

Sad, another Covid-19 death. May he rest in peace.
SMH- no- but you'd have to actually look beyond the headline to know that. It's often referred to as reading!

You are mistaken.

There was a head on collision on the 55 freeway this morning. Three occupants in one car and a single occupant in the other all died of Covid-19. In Bakersfield last weekend there was a drive by shooting, 6 people shot, 3 of them died of Covid-19.

Forum List

Back