Flying the confederate flag is racists way of using the "N" word

Who has the guts to vote? Will the flag be torn down in the S.C. capital?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
No. Many of them just supported slavery.

You missed the point of the OP. You can pretend that there is honor in flying the confederate flag and the nazi flag, but we both know it's nothing but bigotry and hate. If that's what you're for, your next step is joining ISIS.

And yet again you're missing the point.

It. Doesn't. Matter. What. You. Think.

The 1st Amendment doesn't care what you, me, or anyone thinks. It's a right for everyone. Not just one strain of liberal.

Listen for a sec. You sound exactly like the kind of guy who whines about the stupid rainbow flag and says it's nothing but perversion and ickiness so let's ban it.

Really.

Think for a bit about this. You're not the only joe blow who might wanna ban flags and things because his feelings are against it.

Honor doesn't mean one solitary fuck when it comes to the first amendment. Every single damned citizen of America is afforded this right, no matter how much you hate his or her guts and what they stand for. This ain't Gaza. This is America. We have freedom to say what we believe in.

Stop it, please. Stop being that stereotype of liberals in general. You're just given your partisan counterparts like dimocrap-dude more ammo until you guys eventually kill each other off in the next civil war.
No, you're missing the point. If you're going to defend the confederate flag, you also must defend the ISIS flag...they're the same.

How do you like your chicken?

The Ku Klux Klan uses the confederate flag as a way to promote hate and bigotry. So does the Aryan Nation.
The confederacy LOST THE WAR! When the losers lose, their flag is torn down. They have no right to promote their bigotry any more.
The rebel flag will be torn down on the South Carolina capital. The bigots will lose the war yet again.

And will we tear down Louis Farakhan's flag? Let's see you take a REAL stand big shot....

The Ku Klux Klan uses the confederate flag as a way to promote hate and bigotry. So does the Aryan Nation.
The confederacy LOST THE WAR! When the losers lose, their flag is torn down. They have no right to promote their bigotry any more.
The rebel flag will be torn down on the South Carolina capital. The bigots will lose the war yet again.

You don't need to even mention the KKK or the Aryan nation. The idea that the Confederate Battle Jack is a racist symbol only because hate groups have appropriated it is false. It began as a symbol of white supremacy.

While there was plenty of bigotry to go around between the North and the South, the Confederacy was founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites, and that black slaves and white owners was the natural state of being. If you doubt me, read the cornerstone speech by Alexander Hamilton Stephens.

People must be allowed to fly any flag they want for any purpose. If a person wants to fly the confederate flag as a symbol of heritage, they have that right. If they want to fly it as a symbol of racism, they have that right also. When we have to justify our free speech to someone it is no longer free speech.

And will we tear down Louis Farakhan's flag? Let's see you take a REAL stand big shot....

Huh? They fly Louis Farakhan's flag on the state capitol grounds in SC? Really?

People must be allowed to fly any flag they want for any purpose. If a person wants to fly the confederate flag as a symbol of heritage, they have that right. If they want to fly it as a symbol of racism, they have that right also. When we have to justify our free speech to someone it is no longer free speech.

I'm not sure what that has to do with whether or not government should fly it.

I might agree that the flag should come down from state property.

Having said that even bigots have the right to promote their views

You don't need to even mention the KKK or the Aryan nation. The idea that the Confederate Battle Jack is a racist symbol only because hate groups have appropriated itfalse. It began as a symbol of white supremacy.

While there was plenty of bigotry to go around between the North and the South, the Confederacy was founded on the notion that blacks are inferior to whites, and that black slaves and white owners was the natural state of being. If you doubt me, read the cornerstone speech by Alexander Hamilton Stephens.

Read Lincoln's letter to Horace Greely. Actually LEARN something about the Civil War before you run your mouth. The Civil War had very little to do with slavery. Slavery (and the Emancipation Proclamation) had little to nothing to do with the war.

Sorry, I am opposed to having it flown on government property, but respect the peoples right to decide that for themselves.

If you TRULY want to stamp out hate - don't start with a 240 year symbol. Start with the man who DESPISES the whit race and preaches it on a daily basis. Or, is it his RIGHT to do that? Then, do not the people of the South have a RIGHT to keep their flag?

Or, as I suspect, are you, and those like you, simply trying to appease your brainwashed white guilt?

If you TRULY want to stamp out hate - don't start with a 240 year symbol. Start with the man who DESPISES the whit race and preaches it on a daily basis. Or, is it his RIGHT to do that? Then, do not the people of the South have a RIGHT to keep their flag?

Or, as I suspect, are you, and those like you, simply trying to appease your brainwashed white guilt?

Huh? What's a "240 year symbol" ?

You don't even make sense.

Like I said dumbass. Read Lincoln's letter to Greely. Learn the truth.

You don't need to even mention the KKK or the Aryan nation. The idea that the Confederate Battle Jack is a racist symbol only because hate groups have appropriated itfalse. It began as a symbol of white supremacy.

Read Lincoln's letter to Horace Greely. Actually LEARN something about the Civil War before you run your mouth. The Civil War had very little to do with slavery. Slavery (and the Emancipation Proclamation) had little to nothing to do with the war.

Lincoln's purpose was not to end slavery, but the South very much did secede over their perceived threats to the institution of slavery. The South was also very much opposed to State's Rights, as it desired a system whereby they could impose slavery across state lines. South Carolina admitted as much in its own secession declaration.

Eh, I'm the kind of guy who likes free speech.

If people can wave the Mexican flag in America and not get a complaint by hangover, then neither should the hillbillies with their flag, either. Or we can just ban every flag in America 'cept the American flag, and see how that turns out.
So you're saying the Mexican flag represents hatred and bigotry. Duh, only for the bigots that hate Mexicans.

Yeah, Cons are doing this new thing where every flag is like ANY flag. Any word is like EVERY word.

Its kinda the last rung of logic before they start to droll and have a temporary shut down

Lincoln's purpose was not to end slavery, but the South very much did secede over their perceived threats to the institution of slavery. The South was also very much opposed to State's Rights, as it desired a system whereby they could impose slavery across state lines. South Carolina admitted as much in its own secession declaration.

Pardner, I don't know what moron taught you History, but they did you a great disservice. Another brainwashed fool.

Like I said dumbass. Read Lincoln's letter to Greely. Learn the truth.

Lincoln wrote to Greely about Luis Farakhan?

Forum List

Back