Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Matthew, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Matthew

Matthew Blue dog all the way!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,220
    [SIZE=+1]Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals[/SIZE]

Florida Passes Plan For Racially-Based Academic Goals « CBS Tampa
    At least they will admit that there's differences. :eusa_boohoo: I honestly don't understand how the left thinks the way they do.

2. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,220
    I also feel it would be beneficial that blacks get a special class just for them to teach them how to be good fathers. Sadly, their family structure doesn't teach it as of now, so our educational system needs to.

-How to strive to be good fathers
    -How to strive to push oneself forward. This means that this class would make it cool to advance and be a upstanding citizen.

3. IanC

IanC Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,448
    the black students may have lower academic goals imposed but they are still unreasonably high and out of reach. 38% at grade level now, to 74% at grade level eight years from now? it can't be done without gutting the standards.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I don't like the premise, but I do understand it. Creating achievable goals is what is behind measurements. It's also the reason that teachers in urban areas have a problem with tying pay to performance.

What this really is saying is that there are different 'starting points' at this moment in time, there is a racial, moreso, multi-cultural differences. Not across the board, without saying. There are Hispanic girls who have parents that want them to achieve and go to top colleges. There are traditional American whites, (European Whites), that not only want the cheerleader and quarterback, but also the NHS recipient. Etc.

Asians tend to be less individually centered, concerned with bringing results that their group can be proud of. Their parents push them to achieve, and they do. The only parents I've ever had come and say that while my teaching objectives were 'high', I didn't give enough homework, were Chinese. The father kept trying to explain to me that if they were performing 'so well,' imagine what they could do with much more work! I felt his pain, but I wasn't going to fight with the other 20 in class. There are reasons that Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and Japanese students do so very well. I applaud them. However, realistically they are going to continue to dominate those with perfect ACT and SAT scores and getting into the Ivies. However, the students will continue to have problems on 'originality,' something other, less 'successful' Americans have dominated for more than 2 centuries.

It's a slippery slope. Individualism and the problems that come with that. Conformity and the problems that come with it. In common with success? Self-discipline.

Something parents and teachers can help children achieve, together.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  5. ShootSpeeders

ShootSpeeders Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,211
    There's another way. Cheating. The schools will alter the test scores for blacks. It's epidemic in america and pretty much accepted. If you object - you're a wacist.

6. Matthew

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,220
    Maybe we can build schools for only blacks with different standards? Maybe some parenting classes being required?

7. ShootSpeeders

ShootSpeeders Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,211
    Originality huh? You sound like the baseball player who admits he can't run, field, or hit but excels at the "intangibles".

8. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,897

This is just stereotyping.

9. GodSaveAmerica

GodSaveAmerica Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Kudos to the state of Florida for their de facto acknowledgement of racial differences in ability. They are showing the rest of the country how to deal with lower black IQ: retain high educational standards for everyone and then establish reduced expectations for black achievement.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,897

That is beyond stupid. Maybe you need a special class.