Fleetwood Mac need to record a new studio long play. It has been sixteen years since their last.

Wintw

Silver Member
Jul 31, 2016
Fleetwood Mac need to record a new studio long play. It has been sixteen years since their last one in 2003 entitled, "Say You Will". Their new line-up are amazing and wildly successful touring around Earth in coliseums. (Average of 20,000 seaters.) They are amazing with Mike Campbell and can only imagine how exciting it would be to have him collaborating with the other members. Remember there has already been a bit of collaboration between Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers and Fleetwood Mac by way of Stevie Nicks with the 1981 hit song and recording, "Stop Draggin' My Hear Around" from her first solo studio long play entitled, "Bella Donna". I have seen them in concert already and have experienced first hand the level of talent. Even if they don't release a full studio long play hopefully they at the least will record new songs whether they are released through and by singles and or extended plays. Even then if they don't release them at all and just put them into the vaults that would be good. Of course that would mean then that the public will have no way of judging them but hopefully they will have good judgement on some level themselves...

Fleetwood Mac need to record a new studio long play. It has been sixteen years since their last one in 2003 entitled, "Say You Will". Their new line-up are amazing and wildly successful touring around Earth in coliseums. (Average of 20,000 seaters.) They are amazing with Mike Campbell and can only imagine how exciting it would be to have him collaborating with the other members. Remember there has already been a bit of collaboration between Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers and Fleetwood Mac by way of Stevie Nicks with the 1981 hit song and recording, "Stop Draggin' My Hear Around" from her first solo studio long play entitled, "Bella Donna". I have seen them in concert already and have experienced first hand the level of talent. Even if they don't release a full studio long play hopefully they at the least will record new songs whether they are released through and by singles and or extended plays. Even then if they don't release them at all and just put them into the vaults that would be good. Of course that would mean then that the public will have no way of judging them but hopefully they will have good judgement on some level themselves...
I don't think it would work because Lindsey Buckingham was kicked OUT of the group. The Mac without Lindsey would suck.

Better that we remember them the way they were rather than have them release an underwhelming, substandard compilation sung by a group of septuagenarians whose voices aren't even a shadow of what they once were.

No, if I want to hear some Fleetwood Mac I'll pop in Kiln House or Then Play On (revised U.S. LP, November 1969) or Fleetwood Mac in Chicago or Rumours, or Tusk... Pretty much anything before Tango in the Night, which was the last, true Fleetwood Mac album.

• Banned
OR we can continue with the profound ignorance that the only five studio long plays that were done with Lindsey Buckingham were the only ones that matter. Which is completely false in every manner level and way aritstically and even on some level concerning sales. As usual most people just want their bread and bear to be tranquilized and not have to think, concentrate, mere less converse with what the facts actually are.

I have already gone the way and explained how those involved are still very talented individuals. The real reason you do not see most recording artists over the age of 40 release new music any more is because of two reasons. Ageism and the stealing of it from the internet making it impossible to sell anything of any significance. Streaming does not count and never will at least in comparison to people paying for what they are getting creating value for it. I imagine capitalism is confusing to most people and don't have any concept as to why the music industry as a whole is gone and the understanding is that it is not coming back. Most people are not going to work for free no matter how much you all think that they should.

Their thirteen other studio long plays that Fleetwood Mac did with all sorts of artistic and commercial successes worldwide. They certainly won't be hurt by a dud and it really makes no sense to make the cloned zombie statement of they shouldn't do further work because it can't (for some reason this is already known by the great foreseers) Iive up to whatever standard is in you all's minds. We all know there were great old African American blues artists so I guess this makes you all even the more uneducated, bigoted, illiterate, and on top of those things as well as being ageist also racist! I view you all as part of the problem who are completely incompetent and unwilling to learn and try something new than grunting at each other. Yes, some of their vocals such as Stevie's is without doubt what it use to be then dare I ask...who's voice when she sings lead am I hearing if it is not hers? She is some how able to still tour in coliseums profoundly successfully with them so what is going on here? Is it simply a cult of personality? I think there is still the capability of recording new worth while music and support them in moving forward and not being held back by other people dragging everything down who probably can't afford to buy a studio long play in the first place because they are in financial ruin.

Better that we remember them the way they were rather than have them release an underwhelming, substandard compilation sung by a group of septuagenarians whose voices aren't even a shadow of what they once were.

No, if I want to hear some Fleetwood Mac I'll pop in Kiln House or Then Play On (revised U.S. LP, November 1969) or Fleetwood Mac in Chicago or Rumours, or Tusk... Pretty much anything before Tango in the Night, which was the last, true Fleetwood Mac album.
the REAL Fleetwood Mac died after Danny Kirwan left...

the REAL Fleetwood Mac died after Danny Kirwan left...

I could defend that statement. Hard to believe he's been dead for a year now...

I liked Fleetwood mainly because of Steve Nicks, and since she started on a solo career I never bought another Fleetwood Mac album. Buckingham was a good guitarist, but not a great one imo; though he did develop a distinctive sound, distinctive sound isn't the same as musical greatness or genius. He was also a better than average producer.

Nicks is also a very good songwriter as well, and she was Fleetwood Mac, at least for me; the band was backup.

Forum List

Back