Fitness/Psychology

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
There is a lot of research lately on the link between physical fitness and mental health.

Perhaps this research is motivated by our modern age of high-speed living and workaholic cities.

So put down that coffee and go to the gym or take a walk after work to feel emotionally more vibrant.

Such a 'loose prescription' could also potentially help our 'psychiatry generation' feel less dependent on mental counseling and drugs (e.g., Prozac).

Did someone say, "Muscle-Head"?

Article

Juggernaut2.PNG

The Daily Grind

Fitness is not only 'gym work.' It is also the 'daily grind,' so how we coordinate our 'everyday vigor' speaks to our overall fitness.

For example, when you go to your laundry room to grab a sheet of Downy fabric-softener to put in the dryer, do you hate when the heated air from the completed cycle generates static shocks? Does this make you 'regret' the everyday monotonous 'toil' of grabbing that little sheet of fabric-softener anyway?

In other words, understanding how mental happiness coordinates with physical vitality may require a fuller analysis of 'regimented behaviors.'

Something psychiatrists sometimes advise patients suffering from manic depression is a drawing out of a 'daily regimen' or 'weekly schedule' of specific goals/activities to literally 'feel fit/active.'

downy.jpg

There is a lot of research lately on the link between physical fitness and mental health.

Perhaps this research is motivated by our modern age of high-speed living and workaholic cities.

So put down that coffee and go to the gym or take a walk after work to feel emotionally more vibrant.

Such a 'loose prescription' could also potentially help our 'psychiatry generation' feel less dependent on mental counseling and drugs (e.g., Prozac).

Did someone say, "Muscle-Head"?

Article

View attachment 84193
I didn't hear anybody ask, lame brain.

Today's Man

Imagine you go to the grocery store on a Saturday morning with just a plain-white Hanes t-shirt on, since it's convenient.

Fitness is affected by our cultural curiosity about self-presentation, which is why I wanted to talk about 'the mind's eye' in this thread.

hanes.jpg

It's amazing. How it is, into little girl the body might? I can only to eye this is, but good for the my psyche. :)

Forum List

Back