Fitbit. Does anyone have one?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I have the Fitbit charge 3. It's "ok" but it is inaccurate with the step counter. It counts steps when I drive on a golf cart and it counts when I drive in my car. Far more in the golf cart.

Anyway, my goal every day is 15,000 steps, but I put my goal at 17,000 to account for those steps that it counts that it does not take.

Also, is it supposed to automatically change my time to daylight savings? Don't know how to change it, cause it is not changing.

I did not do it yet but the insurance Thru work will pay you $3/day into HSA to log steps daily. 5 sets? 7 sets? Longest being 5000? 3000? steps in 30min? Nothing seems hard about it other than it has to be completed continuous every few hours? Wireless upload the data? They fill your account. Maybe you get less for completeing only some sets?

You see some walking around, they are up $200 so far YTD.

I have been walking for free after twice failing the internet signup and giving up. The watch may ne free? Maybe you pay up front?

Rumor is some watches require you to swing arm, some do not? GPS? I dont know.

Last edited:
I don't believe walking around is exercise. IMO Fitbit fools you into thinking you are doing beneficial exercise. The company I retired from has a program that PAYS YOU $200 a year if you meet some steps per day goal. The result was lots of fat people walking around with Fitbits.

Forum List

Back