Fit? Fat? Fine?

Honestly I dont really like that sculpted primadonna look with superficial accents. I'd rather have "work muscles" from doing real things in the real world.
For my age in the late fifties, I am in far better shape than my peers. I still work residential construction from framing outdoors year round with occasional bouts of trim work.
Hard, heavy and physically exhausting.
Most of my old friends are soft and lumpy and can't do the things we did when younger. Two have died early deaths due to their poor health.
I still water ski, snowmobile, hike long distances and can climb around a roof structure on a new house like a monkey.
While the body hurts more than it used too, I am convinced my hard job keeps me relatively fit in comparison to desk jockeys.

Just when I was ready to concentrate on the gym I f'd my wrist up, at work, and it seems to not be healing very fast, it's been over a month and is still very sore (in one position) so going to the gym is on hold, until it improves, I don't want to aggravate it. I really need to be lifting weights again. You have to keep your muscles toned or worked.

he's so strong. he's so strong. i would let him beat me. that would inflate his ego. not that he needs helping

For my age in the late fifties, I am in far better shape than my peers. I still work residential construction from framing outdoors year round with occasional bouts of trim work.
Hard, heavy and physically exhausting.
Most of my old friends are soft and lumpy and can't do the things we did when younger. Two have died early deaths due to their poor health.
Not only are you doing hard physical work for many years, but your body keeps adapting to that hard, physical work, that is something that is part of your job, so you get the side benefits of a strong, durable, and physically fit body that people in office complexes' and warehouses don't get, there are no benefits to sedentary work other than it is physically easy, which screws you later in life.

Just when I was ready to concentrate on the gym I f'd my wrist up, at work, and it seems to not be healing very fast, it's been over a month and is still very sore (in one position) so going to the gym is on hold, until it improves, I don't want to aggravate it. I really need to be lifting weights again. You have to keep your muscles toned or worked.
Maybe you need to cut back on the self abuse.

oh yeah

FnveUWtWIAAjJDL
The ghey is strong with bakedBromide.

I agree some Americans are in great shape. Americans like this usually have protein-rich diets, good medical care, good habits, and plenty of opportunity to work out. Money helps.

But yeah, most regular middle-class Americans and especially the poor are overweight, or downright obese.

Here is how foreigners, particularly Europeans, joke about us:

A72E612F-8B27-47BD-84A7-CE59D8FFF829.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back