Fisker Karma Car Dies In Middle Of CR Testing

Yep. The team of willfull ignorance and back to the past. As in 1890.

There will be more failures. And unexpected problems with developing long range EVs. Then, as the techology matures, we will wonder why this wasn't done sooner.

A couple of things to consider here. One, the really big energy corps cannot make money on this, for the home generation system, using solar or wind, or even natural gas, will be much more economically feasable as the EVs increase in number. Two. A utility that continually increases the prices 8% to 10% a year will find customers unhooking, for the same technology that produces cheap EV batteries, will produce cheap batteries for home storage systems.

For individual freedom, the development of a cheap and high density EV battery, is an absolute winner. But real individual freedom is an anthema to 'Conservatives'.

Wow... nothing like celebrating this shit, isn't there?

Just remember...every failure is one step closer to success. Imagine if we just "gave up" on all of the innovation that has taken place over the past century or so.

This is how stupid and shortsighted you idiots are.

Some good points but mine is better.

Use your own damn money...........

Fair enough?

Liberal green fantasies are gay.............:gay:

And c'mon........ask any 100 American men..........would they rather drive this..............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBmq34OHIFM]sweet cobra burn out - YouTube[/ame]

Or a Volt???:fu::fu::fu::fu:

No. What if no money were invested by the government in improving Airplane technology? We would all be speaking German.

Let other nations outstrip us in Basic Research, and they will lead, while we follow. In fact, this is already happening. Compare the fiber optic internet system in South Korea to our system.

Yep. The team of willfull ignorance and back to the past. As in 1890.

There will be more failures. And unexpected problems with developing long range EVs. Then, as the techology matures, we will wonder why this wasn't done sooner.

A couple of things to consider here. One, the really big energy corps cannot make money on this, for the home generation system, using solar or wind, or even natural gas, will be much more economically feasable as the EVs increase in number. Two. A utility that continually increases the prices 8% to 10% a year will find customers unhooking, for the same technology that produces cheap EV batteries, will produce cheap batteries for home storage systems.

For individual freedom, the development of a cheap and high density EV battery, is an absolute winner. But real individual freedom is an anthema to 'Conservatives'.

Ray........ok.........but all estimates are they are going to have to increase sales 50X the current level or they operate a a big loss. I posted up some links in Environmental forum last week..........

Just remember...every failure is one step closer to success. Imagine if we just "gave up" on all of the innovation that has taken place over the past century or so.

Fair enough?

Promoting the general welfare... Fair enough?... What promotes the general welfare more than getting off of oil? It will remove us from the Middle East nightmare and make our environment cleaner.

Now go play with your guns like a good little wingnut...Actually, I hate to use that dig...because I myself am a gun owner, hunter and plinker....but hey...I'm only human.

Fair enough?

Promoting the general welfare... Fair enough?... What promotes the general welfare more than getting off of oil? It will remove us from the Middle East nightmare and make our environment cleaner.

Now go play with your guns like a good little wingnut...Actually, I hate to use that dig...because I myself am a gun owner, hunter and plinker....but hey...I'm only human.

Promote not provide. Will the left ever understand the differences.

Liberal green fantasies are gay.............:gay:

And c'mon........ask any 100 American men..........would they rather drive this..............

sweet cobra burn out - YouTube

Or a Volt???:fu::fu::fu::fu:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rVTIpS5zb4]White Zombie electric car - Run 2: 10.400 @ 117.21 - PIR 2010/07/30 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pYU0p6WZhU]Shut Down The Beach Boys - YouTube[/ame]

No. What if no money were invested by the government in improving Airplane technology? We would all be speaking German.

Let other nations outstrip us in Basic Research, and they will lead, while we follow. In fact, this is already happening. Compare the fiber optic internet system in South Korea to our system.
I'm all for government spending for basic and applied research.

I certainly NEVER would have picked GM for it. GM has been a failing organization for decades.

But, they sure do employ tons of union workers, so no surprise this administration dumped money down that vacuum drain.

That's fine if the steps are being financed by private business, but who's paying for development on the Volt, solar panels, subsidizing wind turbines, other alternative energy sources and on and on? That's right. The good old 50% of American households that pay income taxes.

Fair enough?

Promote not provide. Will the left ever understand the differences.

well... if money=speech... I guess money=promotion too. Besides... it's not ONLY government money going into green technology and electric vehicles... no matter how much you'd like to think otherwise...it's also private sector dollars.

As far as your outrage... it's been said before and worth repeating... You don't get to pick and choose where your tax dollars go. That's why we have REPRESENTATION. If it were as YOU want it to be... I would choose not to have my tax dollars fund breaks for Billionaires and corporations, the military industrial complex and it's penchant to keep the war machine rolling for their profits, and probably a myriad of other shit that I don't agree with. But I don't get to choose to do that... and neither do you.

That's fine if the steps are being financed by private business, but who's paying for development on the Volt, solar panels, subsidizing wind turbines, other alternative energy sources and on and on? That's right. The good old 50% of American households that pay income taxes.

read my post to full auto... and consider it a "ditto" to you.

There is a massive difference between the inexpensive funding of some R&D and the massive funding to force failed crap onto unsuspecting consumers. Better to fund the inexpensive R&D trials that may fail but bring us a step closer to success.

The electric cars were not ready for mass production. The new cheap, long life, triple energy density & fast charging battery technology discovered in the last couple of years may make them viable in 3 years. If it works as advertised, we will not need government involvement to sell cars.

The first electric car was built 50 years before the first gasoline powered car, how much innovation do we need to find one that works?

Where does the OP 'celebrate'?

Well... it's the Conservative way, isn't it? Every single time one of them posts on this subject, it's a big "chalk one up for our team" post. You know it and I know it.

The ones who watch Fox & listen to am radio anyway. Buring oil is 'merkin!!! :mad: Gullible asswipe sheeple.

Heres what it is going to come down to.............

Its gonna be what the market finds profitable. Electric cars are up against a significant increase in technology for cars to go long distances on a gallon of gas and the car will still be alot cheaper than an electric version. Its that simple.

Environmentalist groups dont like to talk about cost in a discussion on anything.......and most noably with this issue..........as if the market was not a factor. But see what Edmunds says...............

Will Higher Gas Prices Boost Hybrid, EV Sales? - Edmunds.com

Oooooooops!!!:lol::lol::lol:

And some economic realites that the environmentalists dont want to face................and in the end, it really does come down to competition in the marketplace. In business, there are no ideologues..........if it doesnt bring a solid return, its gone. Why do you think different car models disappear every year???

Electric vs Gasoline – Which is more cost effective? « True Cost – Analyzing our economy, government policy, and society through the lens of cost-benefit

614-4.jpg

Unfortunately with all the government subsidizes, its not really true competetion in the marketplace. If the product is worth buying, it will work in the free market.

from the link.

"Fisker has benefited from the publicity generated when actor Leonardo DiCaprio was handed the first Karma last summer and pop idol Justin Bieber received one as a gift this month."

2EE7B390DAC43BFB.gif

2EBB00DBFC9EA93C.gif

Obama campaign inflates job numbers by 40 percent for pricey electric car

5/2/12 By Neil Munro

Karma: This $107,850 plug-in hybrid Fisker Karma had to be towed back to the dealership after a test driver couldn’t start it following a brief drive on a test track​

President Barack Obama’s deputy campaign manager got her facts wrong while she was trying to support the administration’s $193 million subsidy for a luxury automaker.

“Hi, I’m Stephanie Cutter, I’m the deputy campaign manager here at Obama for America, and I wanted to arm you with the facts about the latest attack from ‘Big Oil,’” Cutter said in her May 2 video. “Let’s get the facts out, because it is important that you guys know the truth.”

Cutter’s speech appears to have been aimed at a new attack ad by Americans for Prosperity (AFP) that dinged Obama for sending “half a billion [dollars] to an electric car company that created hundreds of jobs … in Finland.“

(RELATED: ’Karma’: $107k plug-in hybrid dies on test track, automaker got $528m US loan guarantee)

One reason for the auto’s popularity is that the Democratic-controlled California Legislature has allowed electric autos to use the state’s high-occupancy lanes, giving the wealthy owners the ability to speed away from their fellow Americans rolling slowly along the infamously clogged freeways.

But Cutter dismissed AFP’s populist money-to-Finland slam against Obama’s loan.

“Um, no,” responded Cutter. “The Department of Energy funding was specifically for U.S. jobs at U.S. facilities. Sure enough, the company is employing 700 workers in California and they’re planing to build a plant in Delaware.”

Um, no. She’s off by, um, nearly 40 percent.

In fact, the company’s California plant employs 500 people — or 200 people fewer that Cutter claims, according to data provided by Roger Ormisher, the director of global communications at Fisker.

The company’s second plant in Delaware has a “handful” of staff, he said.

The company has received $192 million in tax money and is negotiating for more, Ormisher explained. It has also raised $400 million in private-sector funding since 2011, he added.

The company took the government money without realizing it would find itself between rival political groups, he said: “We did not envisage there would be so much [political] focus on it. It’s a distraction.”

When asked if he would characterize Cutter’s error, Ormisher declined.

Watch:

Read more: Obama Campaign | Fisker Automaker | US Jobs | The Daily Caller

China's dream of electric car leadership elusive
China's leaders are finding it's a lot tougher to create a world-beating electric car industry than they hoped.

In 2009, they announced bold plans to cash in on demand for clean vehicles by making China a global power in electric car manufacturing. They pledged billions of dollars for research and called for annual sales of 500,000 cars by 2015.

Beijing is scaling back its ambitions, chastened by technological hurdles and lack of buyer interest. Developers have yet to achieve breakthroughs and will be lucky to sell 2,000 cars this year

Forum List

Back