Fish is good for you.

Douger

Rookie
Jun 25, 2009
Not fucking there !
Ya like fish ?
The Dop...errrr...Pope says to eat it every Friday.
America has been blessed by Alla...I mean Budd...I mean Jesu....OK
Anyway. The Empire has lots of fish to feed it's sheep.
Only in Amurkastan do sheep eat fish :eusa_whistle:
There's just one teensy weensy problema.
Too Much Mercury in Freshwater Fish?

Buuuuuuuurp :cuckoo:
BTW. this IS another repug issue.:eusa_shhh:

Of course freshwater fish are going to have higher contamination - smaller solvent volume for the inorganic mercury salts than with the ocean. And, as the inorganic mercury is methylated once it is absorbed by a fish, if the fish is a fatty fish, the organomercury compound will be stored in its flesh. Other fresh water fish are much lower in risk as they have less organomercury stored.

The Clean Water Act (federal) addresses this but not nearly enough, so the states (particularly the Great Lakes states) are trying to pick up the slack.

Last edited:
I hate fish!

Thank goodness I am allergic to seafood because I can convince others that eating fish is dangerous for me... even freshwater fish. :D

Immie

That's why I prefer getting my mercury in shot form. Of course you could just find some old thermometers and bite off the ends.

My brother got mercury poisoning from eating too much fish. Canned tuna is loaded. Moderate consumption is ok, not body nazi fish consumption (which is what he did). Dumb. Eat a cow. He's still suffering effects from it.

Eating fish on Fridays? Only during Lent.

My brother got mercury poisoning from eating too much fish. Canned tuna is loaded. Moderate consumption is ok, not body nazi fish consumption (which is what he did). Dumb. Eat a cow. He's still suffering effects from it.

Damn - I love canned tuna... Eat it often...

What effects is he suffering from?

Neurological, likely. Organomercury poisoning is brutal.

Some they still can't figure out. His whole system got screwed up, lost a ton of weight (he had low bodyfat to begin with), got an intestinal yeast infection - a frequent side effect of mercury poisoning - that went undetected for quite some time, some memory loss (but he's always been a distracted type, like my dad, so hard to say about that), his adrenal function got screwed up, he got sick frequently, and he had a terrible time getting anyone to dx him . . . they all kept saying he was depressed and wouldn't listenn to him which spiked his anxiety to kingdom come, which only futher stressed his body out, etc. The weirdest symptom that no one, and this is 3+ years later, has dx'd is that his body temp will dip a degree BUT he feels as if it goes up. He feels sick but the temp drops. Finding docs to help was extremely challenging, he's been through several. He lost his job over it too. He's improved a lot since he was first dx'd - he's put on weight and is often his 'old self' but problems still remain.

Hey watch the tuna intake. My brother was a body-nazi type --low fat, tons of veggies and protein shakes/fish/egg whites/some chicken, hardly any beef or starchy stuff. The mercury built up over years.

19sharkDM_468x591.jpg

how bout some sea food ????​

Ya like fish ?
The Dop...errrr...Pope says to eat it every Friday.
America has been blessed by Alla...I mean Budd...I mean Jesu....OK
Anyway. The Empire has lots of fish to feed it's sheep.
Only in Amurkastan do sheep eat fish :eusa_whistle:
There's just one teensy weensy problema.
Too Much Mercury in Freshwater Fish?

Buuuuuuuurp :cuckoo:
BTW. this IS another repug issue.:eusa_shhh:

The Pope never said to eat fish on Friday

Sheep do not eat fish

Forum List

Back