First Tennessee Female Combat Engineer Goes AWOL

Lets be honest here; you're not really asking any questions. ;)
no i am. really. tell me why you think, or if you think, that matters.

I oppose women in combat. You already know that. So again, lets try the honesty route for a moment and say what you really want to say. :)
ok. you oppose that. you're part of the past.

but I'm asking you if you think she is the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave

I'm asking you why you think enlisting as a combat engineer matters

what point do you think the story makes about 'equality?'

What unit were you in again?
irrelevant.

why can't you answer the questions?
was she the first to ever fail to return?
why does her enlistment as a combat engineer matter?

I've already answered a couple of your questions, now it's my turn.

Why can't you answer the question?
Have you ever served a day in your life?
Why do you think that your lack of military experience has nothing to do with your opinions of military service?

This is fun, right?

no i am. really. tell me why you think, or if you think, that matters.

I oppose women in combat. You already know that. So again, lets try the honesty route for a moment and say what you really want to say. :)
ok. you oppose that. you're part of the past.

but I'm asking you if you think she is the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave

I'm asking you why you think enlisting as a combat engineer matters

what point do you think the story makes about 'equality?'

What unit were you in again?
irrelevant.

why can't you answer the questions?
was she the first to ever fail to return?
why does her enlistment as a combat engineer matter?

I've already answered a couple of your questions, now it's my turn.

Why can't you answer the question?
Have you ever served a day in your life?
Why do you think that your lack of military experience has nothing to do with your opinions of military service?

This is fun, right?
you actually haven't answered either of my questions.

but no, i've never served. but that is irrelevant. i don't have to have been an astronaut to have an opinion on nasa, or a senator to have an opinion on the legislature.

so let's get back to relevant questions - do you believe she was the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave, and do you assign any importance to her enlistment as a combat engineer?
what does equality have to do with anything?

I did, you just didn't like the answer and moved the goalpost.
but no, i've never served. but that is irrelevant. i don't have to have been an astronaut to have an opinion on nasa, or a senator to have an opinion on the legislature.
No, service is not required to have an opinion, just to have knowledge on what you speak of. Just know that your opinion stems from ignorance as a result of never serving. I don't blame you for never serving your country, you just simply do not know.
so let's get back to relevant questions - do you believe she was the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave, and do you assign any importance to her enlistment as a combat engineer?

I see. Relevant = what ogibillm says is relevant. Roger.

To answer your question about equality (again), I will quote the feminist deserter (again):

"Women can do anything they set their mind to just as well as men I don't really see any difference at all."

I do not assign any further importance to her enlisting as a Combat Engineer, because she is a deserter and will never have the opportunity to get men killed in combat.

No, service is not required to have an opinion, just to have knowledge on what you speak of. Just know that your opinion stems from ignorance as a result of never serving. I don't blame you for never serving your country, you just simply do not know.

To answer your question about equality (again), I will quote the feminist deserter (again):

"Women can do anything they set their mind to just as well as men I don't really see any difference at all."

I do not assign any further importance to her enlisting as a Combat Engineer, because she is a deserter and will never have the opportunity to get men killed in combat.
so was she the first person ever to fail to return from convalescent leave?

i'd also like to ask you what i've said in this thread that you find to be ignorant

A better way to phrase what you already admitted was a stupid question would be, "Did the first male from Tennessee to enlist as a Combat Engineer go AWOL?"

Wanna help me find the answer to that? :)

A better way to phrase what you already admitted was a stupid question would be, "Did the first male from Tennessee to enlist as a Combat Engineer go AWOL?"

so you think being first makes a difference?

do you think this story bolsters your belief that women should not be in combat roles?

do you think this story bolsters your belief that women should not be in combat roles?

"do you believe she was the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave"

"so you think being first makes a difference?"

Goalposts, dude. Goalposts.

"do you believe she was the first person to ever fail to return from convalescent leave"

i'm not moving anything. you think that her being the first woman from tennessee to enlist as a combat engineer is relevant. i'm wondering why that is

i guess i'll ask in simpler terms - what do you think the story proves and why?

i'm not moving anything. you think that her being the first woman from tennessee to enlist as a combat engineer is relevant. i'm wondering why that is

Oh, you thought I was trying to prove a point rather than post a news piece with my opinion about the attention whore deserter?

I guess you're not psychic after all. Thank God! LOL

Oh, you thought I was trying to prove a point rather than post a news piece with my opinion about the attention whore deserter?

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

My opinion is she's a piece of crap with a loud mouth and delusions of being as good as those who were meant for the job... until it's time to man up. ;)

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

My opinion is she's a piece of crap with a loud mouth and delusions of being as good as those who were meant for the job... until it's time to man up. ;)
so do you feel the same about male deserters?

do you feel this story bolsters the case for excluding women from combat arms positions?

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

do you feel this story bolsters the case for excluding women from combat arms positions?

I'm not as familiar as I should be with the language rules here, but my opinion of male deserters is far worse, since they are physically suited for the job in the first place.

This story isn't needed to understand that women in general are simply not equipped for the war fighter jobs they think they can handle, but it does help to highlight the real dangers associated with letting these idiots in where they don't belong. The Military isn't a game, and feel-good policies like this do nothing but endanger lives.

This is where having prior experience in combat comes in handy. It helps to have an opinion with substance, rather than an opinion from the sidelines of the tingles crowd.

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

I'm not as familiar as I should be with the language rules here, but my opinion of male deserters is far worse, since they are physically suited for the job in the first place.

This story isn't needed to understand that women in general are simply not equipped for the war fighter jobs they think they can handle, but it does help to highlight the real dangers associated with letting these idiots in where they don't belong. The Military isn't a game, and feel-good policies like this do nothing but endanger lives.

This is where having prior experience in combat comes in handy. It helps to have an opinion with substance, rather than an opinion from the sidelines of the tingles crowd.
your opinion is not as valuable as you think it is
she failed at something women have been doing for decades. why is her failure proof of something their success is not?

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

she failed at something women have been doing for decades. why is her failure proof of something their success is not?

However, my opinion has far more merit than someone who doesn't even know what it means to serve their country. ;)

so not proving a point.
what is your opinion?

However, my opinion has far more merit than someone who doesn't even know what it means to serve their country. ;)
meh. im sure you think so. however uou could not have served with women in comat arms positions, so you would have just as much first hand knowledge of that as myself. but again, that's really irrelevant.

so why is this one woman's failure indicative that women don't belong in combat but the thousands and thousands of women who did not fail not indicative of the opposite?

meh. im sure you think so. however uou could not have served with women in comat arms positions, so you would have just as much first hand knowledge of that as myself. but again, that's really irrelevant.

so why is this one woman's failure indicative that women don't belong in combat but the thousands and thousands of women who did not fail not indicative of the opposite?

You're making assumptions again. My first MOS was combat support (Heavy Equipment Operator), and there were females deployed alongside of me, and under my supervision as a Team Leader. None of them could run as fast as the average male, or do as many pushups, much less drag a 300lb wounded man out of a hostile situation.

Again, if you even knew what serving your country meant, your opinion might have substance when stacked up with the real world, and you might even understand what you're trying to promote. But it's not, is it? It's based on your personal ignorance of what Military service is, mixed with your perception of what YOU think is fair when it comes to a job that you know nothing about.

You have yourself a good day now, ya hear?
fb_kiss.png

You're making assumptions again. My first MOS was combat support (Heavy Equipment Operator), and there were females deployed alongside of me, and under my supervision as a Team Leader. None of them could run as fast as the average male, or do as many pushups, much less drag a 300lb wounded man out of a hostile situation.

Again, if you even knew what serving your country meant, your opinion might have substance when stacked up with the real world, and you might even understand what you're trying to promote. But it's not, is it? It's based on your personal ignorance of what Military service is, mixed with your perception of what YOU think is fair when it comes to a job that you know nothing about.

You have yourself a good day now, ya hear?
fb_kiss.png
so women were there, doing the job...
what does her failure prove that thousands of successes does not disprove?

Forum List

Back