First Republic Bank loses $100 Billion (-50% Stock value)

You’re such a good little stooge. Swallow the propaganda whole and don’t dare question the state.

I know, i should be more like you...

spongebob-patrick.gif

How many have failed since Jan 2021?

The first bank to fail, cryptocurrency-focused Silvergate Bank, announced it would wind down on March 8, 2023 due to losses suffered in its loan portfolio.[12][13] Two days later, upon announcement of an attempt to raise capital, a bank run occurred at Silicon Valley Bank, causing it to collapse and be seized by regulators that day.[12] Signature Bank, a bank that frequently did business with cryptocurrency firms, was closed by regulators two days later on March 12, with regulators citing systemic risks.[12][14][15] The collapses of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank were the second- and third-largest bank failures in the history of the United States, respectively, smaller only than the collapse of Washington Mutual during the 2007–2008 financial crisis.

The first bank to fail, cryptocurrency-focused Silvergate Bank, announced it would wind down on March 8, 2023 due to losses suffered in its loan portfolio.[12][13] Two days later, upon announcement of an attempt to raise capital, a bank run occurred at Silicon Valley Bank, causing it to collapse and be seized by regulators that day.[12] Signature Bank, a bank that frequently did business with cryptocurrency firms, was closed by regulators two days later on March 12, with regulators citing systemic risks.[12][14][15] The collapses of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank were the second- and third-largest bank failures in the history of the United States, respectively, smaller only than the collapse of Washington Mutual during the 2007–2008 financial crisis.

Wow, 3 banks in the US....

That is less than 2019 and 2020.

Wow, 3 banks in the US....

That is less than 2019 and 2020.
just two of the largest bank failures in American history....geez man...this isn't a mom and pop branch failing, these are the two largest in United States history.

Geez...your deflection is noted.

just two of the largest bank failures in American history....geez man...this isn't a mom and pop branch failing, these are the two largest in United States history.

Geez...your deflection is noted.

How much money did you lose when they failed?

How much money did you lose when they failed?
i’m not sure why that’s relevant. As someone not a member of the dembot cult, I care about all americans, not just the cult…so when xiden’s policy cause historic bank failures i get concerns

It is called context.

But then that takes away your reason to panic, and we cannot have that
So no link, I'm not surprised

I'm also not surprised Mr small government Lolbertarian sees nothing wrong with the Fed seizing such a large bank

Last edited:

Forum List

Back