First Political memory

I was 8 years old staying up late on Election Night with my dad in 1976. Even then, so young, hoping Ford would win. He lost, as we all know, by less than 2% of the popular vote.

Of course, 2 years later we were singing the "Jimmy Carter has a way of screwing up the USA" song in school.

Kathianne said:
While not my first, it was my most vivid. I was in gym, wearing the most awful outfit, nevermind.

Whats this "nevermind" stuff? WE WANT PICTURES!
Full description!

BATMAN said:
I was 8 years old staying up late on Election Night with my dad in 1976. Even then, so young, hoping Ford would win. He lost, as we all know, by less than 2% of the popular vote.

Of course, 2 years later we were singing the "Jimmy Carter has a way of screwing up the USA" song in school.

See even Batman understands whats wrong with liberals, why cant Democrats figure it out?

BATMAN said:

My Bologna has a first name its J-i-m-m-y!
My Bologna has a second name its C-a-r-t-e-r!
I love to hate it every day, and if you ask me why I'll saaaaayyy!
Cause Jimmy Carter has a way of screwing up the USAaaa!

Yeah, I remember that song....

no1tovote4 said:
My Bologna has a first name its J-i-m-m-y!
My Bologna has a second name its C-a-r-t-e-r!
I love to hate it every day, and if you ask me why I'll saaaaayyy!
Cause Jimmy Carter has a way of screwing up the USAaaa!

Yeah, I remember that song....
Sung so well.:bow2:

:happy2:

My first political memory is of Capt. Kangaroo toasting the President with his glass of milk every day...right after the Pledge of Allegiance (sp?) The picture shown during the toast was that of Eisenhower! I should point out that I was very young then...young enough to enjoy the Capt. Kangaroo show.

Forum List

Back