Financially-strapped Italian soccer club fields seven players in 20-0 loss

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This is the Free Market at work. You don't borrow to put together a team.

Hell, keep your money, I would have put on some cleats and run around for an authentic Italian home cooked meal. I haven't played in many years, but what an opportunity to play in a competitive league, just to say you did.

A low-level Italian soccer club suffered a brutal 20-0 loss Sunday as the financially struggling team fielded only seven players - including six teenagers - to avoid being disqualified from the league.

Pro Piacenza, of third-tier Serie C, was already down 16-0 to league rival Cuneo by half-time before allowing in four more goals, BBC Sport reported. Cuneo’s Hicham Kanis scored six goals and Edoardo Defendi scored five.

This is the Free Market at work. You don't borrow to put together a team.

Hell, keep your money, I would have put on some cleats and run around for an authentic Italian home cooked meal. I haven't played in many years, but what an opportunity to play in a competitive league, just to say you did.

A low-level Italian soccer club suffered a brutal 20-0 loss Sunday as the financially struggling team fielded only seven players - including six teenagers - to avoid being disqualified from the league.

Pro Piacenza, of third-tier Serie C, was already down 16-0 to league rival Cuneo by half-time before allowing in four more goals, BBC Sport reported. Cuneo’s Hicham Kanis scored six goals and Edoardo Defendi scored five.

Thats a lot of ground to cover with 7 players.

Forum List

Back