Finally!,.........................

Brewer is currently pushing a sales tax increase for AZ, oops, your new girlfriend isn't quite the Snow White you thought she was.

LOL

Are you always this narrow in your thinking...? What IS the increase about? Wanna impart that?

PHOENIX -- Gov. Jan Brewer and State Treasurer Dean Martin, one of her opponents in the Republican primary in September, are exchanging barbs over the governor's proposed 1-cent hike in the state sales tax, which goes before voters next month.
Martin said Wednesday that the governor's tax plan is "creative," and questioned whether, if it passes, the revenue will go for what it's intended. The wording from lawmakers is clear: two-thirds of the revenue shall be appropriated for public, primary and secondary education, the remainder for public safety and health and human services.

And of course her detractor (Martin) Is chastising her...For what?

"The reality is there is no real teeth in any of those provisions," Martin said.

"It's just a general fund deposit... This is not a plus-up where you're actually adding more to education."

He added, "If they (lawmakers) had really meant this as new funds for education, or additional funds, it would have had some sort of clause as `shall not be supplanted,' or `shall not be adjusted,' but they didn't."

He said the governor is putting teachers, families and basically the education system at risk for political gain.
The governor's office has not looked at other ways to save money without hitting education, Martin said.

"There's good reason for that. They want the classroom to be at risk because that's what gets people to vote."

Martin added, "The debate has been tax increase or no tax increase. No other options have been allowed to come forward. "What you never saw in the past year and a-half was a proposal to streamline or save money. As much as I disagree with former Gov. Janet Napolitano, at least she came up with a couple of hundred-million dollars in administrative savings."

To which Brewer responded:

"I'm an honorable person and a truth-teller," she said. "Proposition 100 will be on the ballot May 18. It will be a temporary tax and it will go toward education and it will go toward public safety and health and human services."

Brewer said the ballot measure says that and "it's written into the Constitution."

Arizona State University Law Professor Paul Bender agreed with Brewer.

He said legislators wrote into the proposition that the money "shall be credited to, and appropriated, as follows."
"I don't think it can be much clearer than that," he said.
Bender added, "There's no formula for how you have to write amendments in order to achieve a certain result. You're allowed to use the English language and that's what they did here... Two-thirds will be appropriated for public primary and secondary education. I don't see how you can ignore that."

SOURCE

Sounds to me that she's playing straight...with thier CONSTITUTION...

So carbonated? Educated yet? Or are YOU here to take partisan swipes?

I'm of the opinion the latter...and that you are an idiot.

~T

Last edited:
No!.....I like her stances on quite a few issues. She's a fiscal conservative. She believes in strong defense. She believes in peace through strength. She actually has a grasp on what the constitution is all about. She's actually listening to those she serves. She ran on a promise of strong enforcement of immigrration laws. She's keeping her promises. Too bad the same can't be said for the majority of the idiots on both sides of the aisle in Washington nowadays.

The more I hear from her, the more i'm likin' her!

So you just gave a bunch of empty answers, plus one issue. :thup:

I won't even bother to mention her record on Gay Rights. We all know how you and your ilk in this thread feel about them.

No!.....I like her stances on quite a few issues. She's a fiscal conservative. She believes in strong defense. She believes in peace through strength. She actually has a grasp on what the constitution is all about. She's actually listening to those she serves. She ran on a promise of strong enforcement of immigrration laws. She's keeping her promises. Too bad the same can't be said for the majority of the idiots on both sides of the aisle in Washington nowadays.

I won't even bother to mention her record on Gay Rights. We all know how you and your ilk in this thread feel about them.
I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. No wonder you were elevated to a fucking moderator.:razz:

I see reading comprehension isn't your strong point. No wonder you were elevated to a fucking moderator.:razz:

He thinks just being made a 'Moderator' automatically makes him smarter...he's finding out different. He's still an uneducated schmuck as he always will be until he grows up.

I read what you said. You think she's a fiscal conservative with no real reasoning. You automatically assume she has a grasp on the Constitution and that she keeps her promises. You have no real idea about her, just that you like this bill.

All you're doing is grasping at straws because you can't get specific on any other real issue.

I read what you said. You think she's a fiscal conservative with no real reasoning. You automatically assume she has a grasp on the Constitution and that she keeps her promises. You have no real idea about her, just that you like this bill.

All you're doing is grasping at straws because you can't get specific on any other real issue.
Thanks for proving my point!:eusa_whistle:

He's better read on her than YOU are. Trust me schmuck.

That first sentence does not even make any sense. I think you meant to say he's read more about her than me. As for that, quite the subjective answer with no real basis for an answer other than your blind hatred.

That first sentence does not even make any sense. I think you meant to say he's read more about her than me. As for that, quite the subjective answer with no real basis for an answer other than your blind hatred.
Nobody hates ya', buddy!.....We're just puzzled when we run across abject stupidity!:razz:

To you? It wouldn't. Educate yourself and remove your partisan blinders...a whole new world will open up to you.

Brewer is currently pushing a sales tax increase for AZ, oops, your new girlfriend isn't quite the Snow White you thought she was.

LOL
Yeah, shit like that happens when your state is being over run with fucking criminals who have no business being here in the first place!

Funny it didn't happen when we got into 2 wars. Do you support a war surtax to pay for them?

we are actually seeing a politician in this great country who is doing right by those she serves!

Jan Brewer, Governor. :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Jan Brewer, Commander In Chief.

Has a nice ring to it, eh?

So I take it that you are in favor of her tax hike that we're voting on tomorrow?

p.s. I want to be clear I don't blame her for Arizona's economic mess nor have any problems with her about the immigration bill. It is just refreshing that a call isn't going up for a lynch mob just becasue she proposed a tax increase. I've already voted against it, but it won't stop me from considering keeping her for governor if she gets he nomination. If the tax passes, I just hope it goes towards what she says is its purpose.

Last edited:

LOL
Yeah, shit like that happens when your state is being over run with fucking criminals who have no business being here in the first place!

Yeah, NY forgets to mention that it's a $.01 on the dollar increase, with the money to go to our schools and our police forces, both of which are heavily overburdened by illegal immigrants.

OMG! The horror!

LOL

-Arizona is currently 8.3 BILLION dollars in debt--primarily over illegal immigration because the Federal Government HAS FAILED miserably in their obligation to secure the borders.

And now you blame her for trying to obtain the money to pay the bill--LOL. Typical liberal "everything is for free"--LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back