Finally the President does something I can agree with.

I was hoping that for the proper effect of the obamanations visit, he would be dropped out of a B-29.

Logic and knowledge is NOT a friend to Barry and his gaggle of criminals that he has around him. And quite frankly, I am completely shocked that the author of his "apology tours" did not insist that he go to Japan and decry the American barbarism at dropping the bomb. Reasons and everything else involved in the decision be damned.

My father was stationed in Germany after wading ashore on Omaha and fighting across France and Germany. His division was advised that they would shortly be loaded onto transports for the ride over and the invasion of Japan. I'm glad that he didn't have to go and know, first hand, that hundreds of thousands of GI's would have died in that invasion. Not to mention the millions of Japanese civilians which would have died as well. I have been to Japan and know that the Japanese military were prepared to use children to transport explosives towards invading GI's. The catastrophe that was avoided was incredible.

Anyone who believes that the bombs were not necessary is NOT a student of history and has no knowledge of the time and situation. President Truman did what he had to do. God Bless him.

Logic and knowledge is NOT a friend to Barry and his gaggle of criminals that he has around him. And quite frankly, I am completely shocked that the author of his "apology tours" did not insist that he go to Japan and decry the American barbarism at dropping the bomb. Reasons and everything else involved in the decision be damned.

My father was stationed in Germany after wading ashore on Omaha and fighting across France and Germany. His division was advised that they would shortly be loaded onto transports for the ride over and the invasion of Japan. I'm glad that he didn't have to go and know, first hand, that hundreds of thousands of GI's would have died in that invasion. Not to mention the millions of Japanese civilians which would have died as well. I have been to Japan and know that the Japanese military were prepared to use children to transport explosives towards invading GI's. The catastrophe that was avoided was incredible.

Anyone who believes that the bombs were not necessary is NOT a student of history and has no knowledge of the time and situation. President Truman did what he had to do. God Bless him.

When one those "we shouldn't have drop the bombs" crowd chimes in on the subject I suggest they read about Operation Downfall. Even the conservative casualty estimates for US military and Japanese civilians was horrendous.

Forum List

Back