FFS! Billy Graham WN Racist Bigot & Homophobe statue being planned for US Capitol. This is SO WRONG!

Billy Graham statue being planned for US Capitol
Each state gets to place two statues inside the Capitol, but those honored must be deceased. Lawmakers passed legislation in 2015 calling for a statue of Graham to replace that of Charles Aycock, a former North Carolina governor, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

FYI..2015
N.C. Lt. governor asks that Billy Graham statue replace white supremacist governor’s statue

FYI 2: Still no line at the capitol to see this Con Man Grifter POS Racist, Bigot & Homophobe. I wonder why? The POS is so loved by millions! Where are they?
Billy Graham's casket arrives at US Capitol. FFS! NOBODY SHOWED UP TO RECEIVE IT. LOL!

:cuckoo::dunno:
Replacing the statue of a segregationist and white supremacist with one of a WN, Racist, Bigoted, Homophobe and Anti-Semite is an interesting move. This evil man shouldn't be lying in state, either.

Really, this would be sick...in the US Capitol.
26231428_212041602687887_6161277298521020551_n.jpg

Uhhhh, do 'christians' not see a problem here. They want Billy Graham's golden idol in the capitol.

Now I'm no biblical scholar, but I remember reading a thing or two about golden and graven idols in the bible. Wouldn't Billy Graham himself be adamantly against this? Just as Robert E Lee said he wanted NO statues of him either. This is why I call 'Christians' Kristians. They only call themselves that because it feels good, they never follow their own religion, they always act like a cult of personality instead. A cult to humans, not the Christ they are supposed to worship and follow.
I don't agree with everything you say, but you are right about a statue to Lee being the same as a statue to a great preacher. No idolizing Confederate soldiers from our history? The statue of Graham is out too.

Each state gets to place two statues inside the Capitol, but those honored must be deceased. Lawmakers passed legislation in 2015 calling for a statue of Graham to replace that of Charles Aycock, a former North Carolina governor, the Raleigh News & Observer reported.

FYI..2015
N.C. Lt. governor asks that Billy Graham statue replace white supremacist governor’s statue

FYI 2: Still no line at the capitol to see this Con Man Grifter POS Racist, Bigot & Homophobe. I wonder why? The POS is so loved by millions! Where are they?
Billy Graham's casket arrives at US Capitol. FFS! NOBODY SHOWED UP TO RECEIVE IT. LOL!

Replacing the statue of a segregationist and white supremacist with one of a WN, Racist, Bigoted, Homophobe and Anti-Semite is an interesting move. This evil man shouldn't be lying in state, either.

Uhhhh, do 'christians' not see a problem here. They want Billy Graham's golden idol in the capitol.

Now I'm no biblical scholar, but I remember reading a thing or two about golden and graven idols in the bible. Wouldn't Billy Graham himself be adamantly against this? Just as Robert E Lee said he wanted NO statues of him either. This is why I call 'Christians' Kristians. They only call themselves that because it feels good, they never follow their own religion, they always act like a cult of personality instead. A cult to humans, not the Christ they are supposed to worship and follow.
I don't agree with everything you say, but you are right about a statue to Lee being the same as a statue to a great preacher. No idolizing Confederate soldiers from our history? The statue of Graham is out too.

Jesus H Christ you twisted that into a pretzel the size of Jupiter. What is it with the need of some to twist other's words to fit their world.

FYI..2015

Jesus H Christ you twisted that into a pretzel the size of Jupiter. What is it with the need of some to twist other's words to fit their world.
Ok, let's try this again. I don't see a statue of Graham's an idol be revered as a god. I see it as a person that is admired by for something. Graham was not seen as a God nor was Lee. Historical people that made a difference to a group.

You are painting with a broad brush when you declare the reasons a person decides to be a Christain , Jeiwsh, or athiest. I don't know the heart or mind of anyone. It's absurd to say anything differently.

Im with Baz. Lets go destroy all the MLK statues because he was against gays too!
Especially since MLK praised graham for integration! MLK was a racist liar! Because Graham was a racist!
Moron
Prove that.

Dear Baz Ares
We could sooner prove that Spiritual Healing taught and provided by Christians for free is more effective in healing and curing the root causes of abuse, addiction, mental and physical diseases than either taking marijuana to alleviate symptoms or forcing people to buy insurance which doesn't cure diseases. Christian spiritual healing is free and has saved lives.

That is the key to how we are going to end the monopoly on medical resources, mental health problems and dependence on pharmaceuticals, and even crime and prison costs related to drugs, addictions and disorders.

Billy Graham may have pointed more people in the right direction, but medical research would be needed to prove how spiritual healing works with science and medicine to save lives, health and relations otherwise lost to disease, addictions and other disorders. I would recommend follow up medical R&D studies on Dr. Francis MacNutt's nonprofit outreach that has been documented in a medical study on Rheumatoid Arthritis, funded by Templeton foundation, where these same methods have been applied consistently to diagnose and cure causes of other diseases and disorders as well. The results vary in each patient's case, but none ever suffer negative side effects because this is natural and voluntary and works in conjunction with medical science and does not reject any treatment, and some of the results are permanent cures that can only be attributed to the healing process. Dr. MacNutt's book HEALING is used as a standard text in seminary to teach the difference in prayer processes. Billy Graham may be remembered for general prayer and teaching, but the more in depth practice of spiritual healing goes into the medical sciences, process and cure of both mental and physical diseases that medicine alone cannot cure.

Sources:
www.christianhealingmin.org
www.healingisyours.com
www.listentothecriesofthechildren.org

Baz Ares if you want proof of something useful
that can save millions of lives and tax dollars every day,
look into Christian spiritual healing.

FYI..2015

Ok, let's try this again. I don't see a statue of Graham's an idol be revered as a god. I see it as a person that is admired by for something. Graham was not seen as a God nor was Lee. Historical people that made a difference to a group.

You are painting with a broad brush when you declare the reasons a person decides to be a Christain , Jeiwsh, or athiest. I don't know the heart or mind of anyone. It's absurd to say anything differently.

Dear Jackson and IsaacNewton
I see both sides.
Yes, Graham is a historic national figure per se regardless of religion.

The rightful gripe that nontheists and nonchristians have with Christianity today is that it discriminates and teaches exclusion of nontheistic people of other faiths and paths. It can be argued as unconstitutional to exclude and discriminate against people by faith and creed.

the proper way to remedy this problem is to teach the more inclusive universal interpretation of Christianity as bringing together all tribes, all people of all nations and paths, as one in Christ or by Conscience.

Christ Jesus means Restorative Justice which is a universal spirit of Justice and Peace, and in secular terms Equal Justice Under Law, and equal protection of the laws and security/peace for all people.

So if we were to teach Christianity as inclusive not exclusive,
that would remove the discrimination factor argued as unconstitutional
to promote through public schools and govt institutions.

Teach "under God" as meaning for the Greater Good or Public Good
which is universally inclusive.

Teach Christ Jesus as Restorative Justice and Jesus and the Holy Spirit as meaning Justice and Peace.

So these are universal values that even atheists and secular liberals
believe in as the driving force for saving humanity and bringing world peace

Here's a statue worth tearing down.

8543073569_3c93d3733c_b.jpg

Don't tear them down, just move them to a park.
If people want to preserve history, put them in areas
and encourage people to preserve parks and cemeteries
to teach local and national history. Nothing wrong with teaching from the past. Lest we become doomed to repeat the same tragedies Aba Incieni

I realize some people are trying to rehash history on Billy Graham.

I say we let history speak for itself.

ap-bob-child-file-ap-had-it-not-been-for-the-31223888.png

Far-left can act as stupid as far-right.

Billy Graham National Holiday Petition Gets Overwhelming Support
So far, 80,000 people have signed the petition to make a national holiday to commemorate Rev. Billy Graham.

WHEATON, IL — Just days after his memorial, evangelist and Wheaton College alum Billy Graham is the center of a petition to create a national holiday in his name. The petition, which was posted on change.org, had nearly 80,000 signatures as of Monday evening.

The petition was started by Kyle Siler, whose change.org profile describes him as an "earthmoving contractor" based in North Carolina. Graham lived out his final days in North Carolina and died in Charlotte on Feb. 21 at 99.

Billy Graham National Holiday Petition Gets Overwhelming Support

Forum List

Back