Fentanyl crises: why I have no sympathy

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Why I have no tolerance for drug abusers.

It's a choice. I know, I know people like to pretend that it's not a choice because it's an addiction. So I'll make one concession here and say it's a hard choice. I don't even like making that concession because most people walk into this thing with their eyes wide open. Perhaps there's the exceptional person who picked up an opiate painkiller as prescription and ended up hooked; But by and large people are stupid and they try things they know they shouldn't be trying.

Now we spend an awful lot of time and effort chasing this stuff down trying to prevent it from happening and looking for ways to deal with it. Perhaps the most justifiable part of this is the law enforcement end that has to deal with the crimes committed by needy addicts. This is where the mistakes begin in my opinion. Because it's an addiction the court systems tend to cut them slack for the things they do.

So an entire industry of addiction medicine has grown up around an illegal activity. Of course it needs government funding to survive and has created an entire group of financial dependencies that actually require more and more addicts to survive. Similar to the prison system it now actually seeks to create more serviceable patrons rather than to eliminate them.

My solution to the problem is an easy one. It would still take some government money but only a tiny fraction of what is currently spent.

Make the substances available to the addicts for free. Give them as much as they want as often as they want. Keep them comfortable so they won't attack other people to fulfill their needs. Problem will find its own end in short order. The average cremation costs about $750.00 Much less than the average of nearly $150,000.00 per addict to deal with them in a so-called compassionate manner in our society.

Last edited:

It's a choice. I know, I know people like to pretend that it's not a choice because it's an addiction. So I'll make one concession here and say it's a hard choice. I don't even like making that concession because most people walk into this thing with their eyes wide open. Perhaps there's the exceptional person who picked up an opiate painkiller as prescription and ended up hooked; But by and large people are stupid and they try things they know they shouldn't be trying.

Now we spend an awful lot of time and effort chasing this stuff down trying to prevent it from happening and looking for ways to deal with it. Perhaps the most justifiable part of this is the law enforcement end that has to deal with the crimes committed by needy addicts. This is where the mistakes begin in my opinion. Because it's an addiction the court systems tend to cut them slack for the things they do.
So an entire industry of addiction medicine has grown up around an illegal activity. Of course it needs government funding to survive and has created an entire group of financial dependencies that actually require more and more addicts to survive. Similar to the prison system it now actually seeks to create more serviceable patrons rather than to eliminate them.

My solution to the problem is an easy one. It would still take some government money but only a tiny fraction of what is currently spent.

Make the substances available to the addicts for free. Give them as much as they want as often as they want. Keep them comfortable so they won't attack other people to fulfill their needs. Problem will find its own end in short order. The average cremation costs about $750.
Much less than the average of nearly 150,000 per addict to deal with them in a so-called compassionate manner in our society.
From the sibling of two junkies who went to junkie hell in the same year, after a lifetime of trying as hard as they could to destroy the lives of everyone who cared about them, you said that well.

Make the substances available to the addicts for free. Give them as much as they want as often as they want. Keep them comfortable so they won't attack other people to fulfill their needs. Problem will find its own end in short order. The average cremation costs about $750.
Much less than the average of nearly 150,000 per addict to deal with them in a so-called compassionate manner in our society.
The problem is dealers are putting this stuff in everything. Somebody might think they are getting a little pot, but it’s laced with this deadly stuff

I agree. Let them die. If you want to take drugs and die that is your choice.

It's what they want. Ànd of they don't care about their life then why should we.
It's been my experience that most of them actually do want it. For those that really don't want it there are ways out. I've seen how they play the system by pretending to want to get better.

It's been my experience that most of them actually do want it. For those that really don't want it there are ways out. I've seen how they play the system by pretending to want to get better.
Because the system actually helps them validate themselves as victims.

A lot of people are weak, and their whole lives are consumed with the idea of getting loaded. I knew this fellow Ray Ray back in the day who was on medicaid and spent his days going to different doctors offices with different complaints and seeing what they would give him to get wasted on. When his check came in, he'd visit the hardware store for lacquer and paint.

That's one thing, but what gets me is the idea that people pretend that they didn't know the stuff is habit forming. Don't they show kids in school hygiene films warning them against drugs, drinking, smoking and sodomy like they did back when I was a kid?

Now, doctors sit on the stand and actually say they didn't know that oxy is addictive. Hell, even common imbeciles knew it back in the day, now trained doctors listen to pharm reps as if they are spouting holy fucking writ when they said it was as safe as mother's milk.

A lot of people are weak, and their whole lives are consumed with the idea of getting loaded. I knew this fellow Ray Ray back in the day who was on medicaid and spent his days going to different doctors offices with different complaints and seeing what they would give him to get wasted on. When his check came in, he'd visit the hardware store for lacquer and paint.

That's one thing, but what gets me is the idea that people pretend that they didn't know the stuff is habit forming. Don't they show kids in school hygiene films warning them against drugs, drinking, smoking and sodomy like they did back when I was a kid?

Now, doctors sit on the stand and actually say they didn't know that oxy is addictive. Hell, even common imbeciles knew it back in the day, now trained doctors listen to pharm reps as if they are spouting holy fucking writ when they said it was as safe as mother's milk.
With heroin and cocaine, about 10% of 1st time users are hooked for life trying it once

How terrifying with a mom waking up saying, Is this the day I find my child dead?

With heroin and cocaine, about 10% of 1st time users are hooked for life trying it once

How terrifying with a mom waking up saying, Is this the day I find my child dead?

I think they need to bring back the mental hygiene films to show the young teens in school to discourage them from this kind of thing.

I remember the film showing the kids what heroin withdrawal looks like, or lung surgery for cancer, as well as the films showing neurosyphilis, and how how your brain looks like a meatloaf if you drink excessively.

I still remember them, they made an impression on me, and I'm a seasoned citizen nowadays.

I think they need to bring back the mental hygiene films to show the young teens in school to discourage them from this kind of thing.

I remember the film showing the kids what heroin withdrawal looks like, or lung surgery for cancer, as well as the films showing neurosyphilis, and how how your brain looks like a meatloaf if you drink excessively.

I still remember them, they made an impression on me, and I'm a seasoned citizen nowadays.
In high school, I was in one of those films which was a discussion group. It impressed me. What little experimenting I did, way back in the early seventies, did not impress me. I always found it odd that I didn't enjoy drugs, because there was so much drug abuse and addiction in my family.

Recall how viciously Nancy Reagan was excoriated for her, "Just say No," campaign?

I do.

P.S., while I have sympathy for those who are left behind, fuck the people who die from OD's. They knew better.

Make the substances available to the addicts for free. Give them as much as they want as often as they want. Keep them comfortable so they won't attack other people to fulfill their needs. Problem will find its own end in short order. The average cremation costs about $750.00 Much less than the average of nearly $150,000.00 per addict to deal with them in a so-called compassionate manner in our society.
There are always those addicts that won't come in for free drugs but will hide their addiction out of shame or fear. You are correct that we must take the money out of the problem. This will require going after the addicts as they are the ones funding the entire drug trade. Sadly, there are so many 'invested' in the problem that lawmakers are impotent to pass effective laws. They also seem to be unaware of the structure of the drug trade.

I tripped out on oxy the one time I took it for pain. It was scary as hell. Never took it again. It's on my medical record as an "allergic" drug. I wonder how many like it for that reason.

Forum List

Back