Feds say these nuts "Had to be Taken Down"

Really? Where did you hear this?

Two high profile examples are Jose Padilla and Yaser Hamdi, American Citizens designated as "Enemy Combatants" by the Bush administration. They were held in Guantanamo for years without Habeus Corpus.

That's two, not 'many'.

Those are the two that received a lot of press, so I found them right away.

If there's two, then surely there are more.

But, be that as it may, even if there was just one, the precedent is there, thus proving my point.

Why yes, yes I am. You're a genius!

That's very, very flimsy, at best.

There's a big difference between a local law on firearms to prevent gang violence in Chicago, and instituting a national ban on firearms.

Are you denying Illinois individual state rights to make their own decisions on firearms?
As I recall the US Constitution has something to say on that particular issue.

There's a big difference between a local law on firearms to prevent gang violence in Chicago, and instituting a national ban on firearms.

Are you denying Illinois individual state rights to make their own decisions on firearms?
As I recall the US Constitution has something to say on that particular issue.

Ahh, I see.

So States rights are all important to the right-wing up until it comes down to an issue they care about.

And I personally do believe that we have a right to bear arms, I just see it as funny that you think Illinois shouldn't have the right to interpret the Constitution as they see fit. After all, there is a lot of play in the Second Amendment, what with the whole "militia" thing.

And, if I recall correctly, the Supreme court had not ruled on an interpretation of that particular clause by 2000, now had they?

Really? Where did you hear this?

Two high profile examples are Jose Padilla and Yaser Hamdi, American Citizens designated as "Enemy Combatants" by the Bush administration. They were held in Guantanamo for years without Habeus Corpus.

Fact is when it was dioscovered that Hamdi was a US citizen he was moved out of Gitmo. He is no longer a US citizen.

Neither men were illegally detained.

Gitmo is US soil so why would a citizen need moved off?

In legal terms the Hutaree shitbags are US Citizens so they automatically are legally entitled to many Rights not conferred upon non-Citizens.

you mean like the rights conferred on the MS-13 Shitbags?....who have a hell of a lot of non-citizens in their ranks....but at one point had the ACLU telling the LAPD ....."you cant do this and you cant do that....these guys have rights"...is that what you are talking about?......

in other words you only have deflection
ok i give up....how is that deflection?....when i am merely pointing out a bunch of non-citizen shitbags whom the ACLU jumps in to protect?....while Curve was apparently stating the American shitbags have more rights....

In legal terms the Hutaree shitbags are US Citizens so they automatically are legally entitled to many Rights not conferred upon non-Citizens.

you mean like the rights conferred on the MS-13 Shitbags?....who have a hell of a lot of non-citizens in their ranks....but at one point had the ACLU telling the LAPD ....."you cant do this and you cant do that....these guys have rights"...is that what you are talking about?......

What does ms-13 have to do with the fact these shitbags are US Citizens?

....you said Curve....

"In legal terms the Hutaree shitbags are US Citizens so they automatically are legally entitled to many Rights not conferred upon non-Citizens"......
the shitbag MS-13 gangs have a hell of a lot of non-citizens in their ranks....but yet have the ACLU telling the LAPD AND LA Sheriffs Dept that they could not do what they wanted to do,(raid a hideout)....because these guys have rights....and they know these guys have killed and have made retaliatory threats...much more then what the toothless whiteboys are accused of doing....but yet they could not do what the feds did in Minn.....their hands were tied....apparently...for THESE guys anyway..the evidence had better be very ...evident.... why?....

there is gang violence in every city....banning guns WILL NOT stop gang bangers from getting them....and if Obama feels that way about one city,why would he not feel that way about all of them?.......

"In 2000, Barak Obama cosponsored a bill that would have limited the purchase of handguns to one per month. That may not sound significant, but the truth is, such a bill would impede the rights of law abiding citizens. There is no justifiable reason to limit the ability of people who have no criminal record from purchasing any legal fire arm. Obama at the same time also voted against allowing people to violate local fire arms bans even in the case of self protection."
"Obama also supports the banning of all semi-automatic weapon sales and transfers. When most people hear "semi-automatic weapon", they think of the gun in the hand of the gang banger. That may be true, but there are a lot of other guns that are semi-automatic, which would also be included in such bans. Shotguns, for example, that are used by bird hunters would fall under the ban. The only reason to try to ban a whole class of gun, with such a wide stroke, is to start the progression of banning all guns eventually."
Barak Obama's Gun Control Positions - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

You're using his votes as a State Senator to control guns in Chicago, which don't even ban guns, as proof that he intends to institute some national policy banning firearms.
Depending on the outcome of the SCOTUS, he could very well let it mushroom.
Personally, I don't think there's a chance that the Supreme Court will rule in favor of the ban.

....you said Curve....

"In legal terms the Hutaree shitbags are US Citizens so they automatically are legally entitled to many Rights not conferred upon non-Citizens"......
the shitbag MS-13 gangs have a hell of a lot of non-citizens in their ranks....but yet have the ACLU telling the LAPD AND LA Sheriffs Dept that they could not do what they wanted to do,(raid a hideout)....because these guys have rights....and they know these guys have killed and have made retaliatory threats...much more then what the toothless whiteboys are accused of doing....but yet they could not do what the feds did in Minn.....their hands were tied....apparently...for THESE guys anyway..the evidence had better be very ...evident.... why?....

Because we all know the lapd always checks with the aclu before making any moves......

....you said Curve....

Because we all know the lapd always checks with the aclu before making any moves......

your as dense as advertised....Rdean was right about you....read the LA papers sometimes dipshit about how the LA cops cant get injunctions against ANY gangs because of the ACLU coming to their defence.....banning them from hanging around the neighborhoods....shot down.....curfews....shotdown....so dont give us no shit about how only these white assholes who are citizens get rights the non-citizens dont get...

....you said Curve....

your as dense as advertised....Rdean was right about you....read the LA papers sometimes dipshit about how the LA cops cant get injunctions against ANY gangs because of the ACLU coming to their defence.....banning them from hanging around the neighborhoods....shot down.....curfews....shotdown....so dont give us no shit about how only these white assholes who are citizens get rights the non-citizens dont get...

You're just another stoopid fuxxing bitch. Period. I said US Citizens have legal rights not given to US Citizens. That is an obvious fact but because this board is full of reetawrded bitches like you simple things like that are a big mystery. On top of it, you make claims about the aclu, lapd, and ms-13 without any supporting evidence then call others stoopid. You're just another fuxxing idiot trying to convince yourself you have a clue. You don't. Just admit and move on in your ignorant rantings.....

You're just another stoopid fuxxing bitch. Period. I said US Citizens have legal rights not given to US Citizens. That is an obvious fact but because this board is full of reetawrded bitches like you simple things like that are a big mystery. On top of it, you make claims about the aclu, lapd, and ms-13 without any supporting evidence then call others stoopid. You're just another fuxxing idiot trying to convince yourself you have a clue. You don't. Just admit and move on in your ignorant rantings.....

I want to hear about a simple big mystery, tell me a story curvey.......

I want to hear about a simple big mystery, tell me a story curvey.......

More like a yarn

Interesting:

toledoblade.com -- The Blade ~ Toledo Ohio

Article published April 01, 2010
Most indicted members of militia group are voters
By TOM TROY
BLADE POLITICS WRITER

Most of the indicted militia members accused of being anti-government extremists have active voting records, a check with area voter registration offices showed yesterday.
One is a registered Democrat, and the party affiliations of the rest could not be determined.

Jacob J. Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio, voted as a Democrat in the 2004 and 2008 primary elections, and in 10 other elections since 2000. Voters' political affiliations in Ohio are determined by which party's ballot they request during even-year primary elections.
Alleged ringleader David Brian Stone, Sr., 45, of Clayton, Mich., registered in Lenawee County, Michigan, in 1998, and last voted in the 2004 general election.

His, and other Michigan voters' party affiliations, if any, are not public records because of Michigan's open primary elections, officials said....

Interesting:

By TOM TROY
BLADE POLITICS WRITER

Most of the indicted militia members accused of being anti-government extremists have active voting records, a check with area voter registration offices showed yesterday.
One is a registered Democrat, and the party affiliations of the rest could not be determined.

Jacob J. Ward, 33, of Huron, Ohio, voted as a Democrat in the 2004 and 2008 primary elections, and in 10 other elections since 2000. Voters' political affiliations in Ohio are determined by which party's ballot they request during even-year primary elections.
Alleged ringleader David Brian Stone, Sr., 45, of Clayton, Mich., registered in Lenawee County, Michigan, in 1998, and last voted in the 2004 general election.

His, and other Michigan voters' party affiliations, if any, are not public records because of Michigan's open primary elections, officials said....

Did USMB move to a fish market or are you posting with your legs open again?

Great Job by the FBI keeping us safe. Terrorists are terrorists no matter where they come from

Shouldn't we wait till they've been convicted before finding them guilty? Just a thought.

ha ha ha

and when has a republican/conservative EVER waited for a dem/lib to be convicted before finding them guilty...

obama hasn't been found convicted of anything yet...

he hasn't even been charged

yet cons like you constantly find him "guilty"

Interesting:

By TOM TROY
BLADE POLITICS WRITER

Obviously in the past 2 years, the lone democrat in the bunch had a change of heart. Just like Gunny. Perhaps he became a born again Christian extremist.

I find it convenient that the other members political affiliations "could not be determined".

Interesting:

By TOM TROY
BLADE POLITICS WRITER

Obviously in the past 2 years, the lone democrat in the bunch had a change of heart. Just like Gunny. Perhaps he became a born again Christian extremist.

I find it convenient that the other members political affiliations "could not be determined".

Explained in the article, they were in open primary states. You can't read or don't understand?

Forum List

Back