Federalist Papers #2

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people--a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms, and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established general liberty and independence.

Is there now ANY doubt about who America was MADE for,INTENDED for,etc?

I would love to see people argue out of this....

With equal pleasure I have as often taken notice that Providence has been pleased to give this one connected country to one united people--a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs, and who, by their joint counsels, arms, and efforts, fighting side by side throughout a long and bloody war, have nobly established general liberty and independence.

We have a Constitution.

We have a Constitution.
Indeed we do and the Federalist Papers were one of the things that influenced it. The naturalization acts came AFTER the Constitution and put it MUCH more clearly than this even does.

The US has never been united. The South and the North have hated each other from day one.

So, I'd have no idea who you're talking about.

We have a Constitution.
Indeed we do and the Federalist Papers were one of the things that influenced it. The naturalization acts came AFTER the Constitution and put it MUCH more clearly than this even does.
lousy reading comprehension? Our federal Constitution came after our Declaration of Independence.

We have a Constitution.
lousy reading comprehension? Our federal Constitution came after our Declaration of Independence.

You should see a doctor.

You might be having a stroke......seriously.

Nothing you post makes any sense.

We have a Constitution.

Wrong again skippy, that would have been the Articles of Confederation, which was replaced by the Constitution.

Of course, it was made, intended for that tiny slice of the male, white ownership class. Was there ever any doubt about that?

To this day, some are arguing that blacks and native Americans, not to mention women, don't really count.

Moreover, what one guy said some 250 years ago shall be taken as gospel, and any learning, any progress during the intervening 2.5 centuries shall be stalled, prevented, and if anything like that would actually occur, it shall be reversed. For the founders knew what they created was perfect, and thus to change what they've done or thought in any way would be deleterious at best, and much more likely evil.

Well.....I am not of the same ancestors as you are, nor did I begin speaking the same language as you.....but I am more of an American than a large number of those to whom you have so defined..

America is more about ideas and beliefs than blood and religion.

I would love to see your response.

We have a Constitution.

You should see a doctor.

You might be having a stroke......seriously.

Nothing you post makes any sense.
i already did; i got my anti-hypocrisy medication. your right wing responses don't bother me anymore.

We have a Constitution.

Wrong again skippy, that would have been the Articles of Confederation, which was replaced by the Constitution.

our Declaration of Independence came before our federal Constitution.

The US has never been united. The South and the North have hated each other from day one.

So, I'd have no idea who you're talking about.

The quote (not made recognizable as a quote) was taken from Federalist Papers #2. In it (and subsequent papers #3 to #5) Jay praised the advantages of the unity of States under a dominant Federal Government. Ethnic, religious unity of the population (though not entirely true) was proclaimed to support the overall argument for unity, so as to strengthen the all-out assault on State sovereignty. Hamilton piled on in subsequent papers.

That is what Conservatives are running on these days.

Of course, it was made, intended for that tiny slice of the male, white ownership class. Was there ever any doubt about that?

To this day, some are arguing that blacks and native Americans, not to mention women, don't really count.

Moreover, what one guy said some 250 years ago shall be taken as gospel, and any learning, any progress during the intervening 2.5 centuries shall be stalled, prevented, and if anything like that would actually occur, it shall be reversed. For the founders knew what they created was perfect, and thus to change what they've done or thought in any way would be deleterious at best, and much more likely evil.
Nothing about class or ownership there just white people.

Well.....I am not of the same ancestors as you are, nor did I begin speaking the same language as you.....but I am more of an American than a large number of those to whom you have so defined..

I always thought you were white. Hm. I assume the founders meant European people ince not all of them came from same country or area of Europe although majority did. America as we can see was intended to be ALL of those things you mentioned. Blood,Race,Beliefs and Ideas.

We have a Constitution.

The Constitution of the United States established America’s national government and fundamental laws, and guaranteed certain basic rights for its citizens. It was signed on September 17, 1787

Constitution - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Declaration of Independence - July 4, 1776

The Declaration of Independence: Full text

Now tell me, which came first?

I always thought you were white. Hm. I assume the founders meant European people ince not all of them came from same country or area of Europe although majority did. America as we can see was intended to be ALL of those things you mentioned. Blood,Race,Beliefs and Ideas.

"I always thought you were white."
I wrote a response in Korean, but the board's software wouldn't post it.

I find this applicable:
When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

"I assume the founders meant European people..."

Then, you should be able to explain this: there were no 'illegal immigrants' until the second quarter of the 20th century, as immigration documents were not required by U.S. immigration officers until 1918.

"America as we can see was intended to be ALL of those things you mentioned. Blood,Race,Beliefs and Ideas."
I mentioned only the last two....you brought up what were the defining beliefs of der Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiters Partei.

Last edited:

"I always thought you were white."
I wrote a response in Korean, but the board's software wouldn't post it.

I find this applicable:
When Peter Schramm’s family fled Hungary, he writes:

“But where are we going?” I asked

“We are going to America,” my father said.

“Why America?” I prodded

“Because, son…we were born Americans, but in the wrong place,” he replied. American by Choice

"I assume the founders meant European people..."

Then, you should be able to explain this: there were no 'illegal immigrants' until the second quarter of the 20th century, as immigration documents were not required by U.S. immigration officers until 1918.

"America as we can see was intended to be ALL of those things you mentioned. Blood,Race,Beliefs and Ideas."
I mentioned only the last two....you brought up what where the defining beliefs of der Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiters Partei.

The naturalization acts of the 1790's spelled it out clearly...I am sure you have read them you seem like one of the more well read people here.

We have a Constitution.

Yeah, whatever, not going to wast my time arguing with an idiot. And there were probably more than 100 languages spoken in the US when the Constitution was ratified.

Maybe the libs fell asleep during history 101 but the Federalist Papers are not the Constitution. They were the op-eds of their day and in the case of #2 they were obviously making the case that English subjects were seeking to break away from England. They could have included French, German and Dutch immigrants but it would have taken away from the point of the essay so don't get your panties in a bunch.

We have a Constitution.

Yeah, whatever, not going to wast my time arguing with an idiot. And there were probably more than 100 languages spoken in the US when the Constitution was ratified.

women with bad attitudes really just need a full body massage with happy ending, to be, happier.

Forum List

Back