Federal judge allows Trump to withhold grants to California as part of sanctuary city crackdown

I do believe that the mayor ac
They are now called liberals/snowflakes/progressives/illegals/fags. Take your pick.
They are now called liberals/snowflakes/progressives/illegals/fags. Take your pick.

Nope. The "states' rights" types are usually right-wing assholes from shithole states in the south.
Things change depending on who's in control of the federal government. Now they're illegal, snowflake and fag assholes like yourself.
When a dimwit mayor warns illegal aliens of impending ICE raids, she is circumventing federal law by obstruction. Hopefully, she's about to have her ass indicted.

She did not obtain the information she shared from any official source. She did not stop ICE from doing its thing. And people were arrested. So what is anyone complaining about? As she said, she warned people about what she heard so that they would have time to find out their legal rights and options.
Yeah, their legal right and option was to run and hide their criminal asses.
This woman needs to be locked up with the Beast.

So you're angry that she won't put up with the white trash now running the federal government bullying anyone. She did the right thing and she didn't break any laws.
If you hadn't noticed, she is white trash and running (for lack of a better term) a shit hole like Oakland at that.

I do believe that the mayor acted out of a sincere, deeply-held personal belief.
Sincere and deep seated beliefs do not translate to correctness or fairness. Radical Muslims have sincere deep seated beliefs that we should all be killed.

States do not have the right to circumvent federal immigration laws.

Who is circumventing federal law in California? ICE is still allowed to operate in the state. Wasn't there a big raid in Oakland a few weeks ago? Didn't the orange whore himself threaten to pull ICE out of California?
When a dimwit mayor warns illegal aliens of impending ICE raids, she is circumventing federal law by obstruction. Hopefully, she's about to have her ass indicted.

She did not obtain the information she shared from any official source. She did not stop ICE from doing its thing. And people were arrested. So what is anyone complaining about? As she said, she warned people about what she heard so that they would have time to find out their legal rights and options.

Oh, I'm sure that's why she did it.

View attachment 180949

Why else would she have done it? She even stated herself that she felt that it was the right thing to do for the well-being of the residents of the city..
Her thinking that does not make it the right thing to do. The right thing to do is obey all laws. If you don't want to obey them, either pay the consequences of disobeying them or HAVE THEM CHANGED through legislation.

Aren't the people involved in the "Religious Freedom Act" and the people who refuse to bake cakes arguing that those who hold sincerely held beliefs can excuse themselves from obedience to any law that doesn't meet with their approval? Not that the mayor broke any law.
What does that have to do with this white skank of a mayor?

You've gone off the deep end pal.

It has everything to do with it. She's not a "skank" just for doing what she thinks is morally right. Even if she did break a law, which she didn't, it's the "religious" right and the cake non-bakers who originally brought up the argument that a sincerely-held belief supersedes the requirement to obey a law.

disgusting trumpscum think all women who aren't bigoted rightwingnut white trash are "skanks" and "whores" and "sluts".
So, are you saying white skanks are protected? I defer to you on matters of PC for obvious reasons.

no, dead from the neck up trumptard, I'm saying you're trash who thinks all women who don't think like you deserve to be called disgusting names that impugn their morality.

dismissed.
Nice dodge, but you still haven't answered my question. Are all skanks PC-protected or just liberal ones?

Federal judge allows Trump to withhold grants to California as part of sanctuary city crackdown

A federal judge in Northern California has declined a request from California Attorney General Xavier Becerra to block the Trump administration’s decision to withhold a law enforcement grant to the state as part of its crackdown on states and jurisdictions that protect illegal immigrants.

Becerra asked for a preliminary injunction against the Trump administration's decision, but Judge William Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California ruled against taking that step.

“The injury threatened is not irreparable,” Orrick wrote. “The amount of money at stake is small compared to the state’s budget. Payment is delayed, for the moment. The DOJ appears to be using its regular administrative process to decide whether it will follow its initial inclinations.”

The judge said at some point in the future, the case “may help define the contours of the state’s broad constitutional police powers under the Tenth Amendment and the federal government’s ‘broad, undoubted power over the subject of immigration and the status of aliens.’”

The Trump administration has been cracking down on cities and jurisdictions that offer protections for people in the U.S. illegally.

In July, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that cities and states would only be eligible to receive specific grants from the Justice Department if they follow specific requirements, including certifying compliance with federal immigration law.

To be eligible for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants, or JAG grants, cities have to adhere to three criteria. They include giving 48-hour notice to the federal government before releasing anyone ICE wants the state to keep detained, and giving Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents access to detention facilities.

State and local officials must also provide personal information and release dates of illegal immigrants detained across the state...

Great news. As a Californian, I support this.
Cal's Quesadilla Caliphate

As a former Californian, I support the 1845 patriots who overthrew a Mexican government there.

As a Texan I support the ouster of and ass kicking that we laid on Santa Anna in 1836.

Remember the Alamo MFers!!!!

if you'd been there, you'd be mexican now

also, santa ana

Yeah, Right!

At San Jacinto, Sam Houston and 900 Texicans destroyed Santa
Ana and his 2,000 man Army in less than 20 minutes, using single shot
muskets that took a minute to reload.

10 years later, when he got testy again...The American Army whipped
the Mexican Army in a year, raising the Stars and Stripes over Mexico
City.

They've been eating our crumbs ever since

Good grief! MORE misinformation! When "...they got testy"? The US intentionally sent the US army to the border to create an incident, giving us the pretense of invading Mexico to protect our country. It was exactly what Hitler did when he created a false pretense to invade Poland in 1939.

And Mexico got their asses crushed...didn't they?

I do believe that the mayor ac
Nope. The "states' rights" types are usually right-wing assholes from shithole states in the south.
Things change depending on who's in control of the federal government. Now they're illegal, snowflake and fag assholes like yourself.
Yeah, their legal right and option was to run and hide their criminal asses.
This woman needs to be locked up with the Beast.

So you're angry that she won't put up with the white trash now running the federal government bullying anyone. She did the right thing and she didn't break any laws.
If you hadn't noticed, she is white trash and running (for lack of a better term) a shit hole like Oakland at that.

I do believe that the mayor acted out of a sincere, deeply-held personal belief.
Sincere and deep seated beliefs do not translate to correctness or fairness. Radical Muslims have sincere deep seated beliefs that we should all be killed.

I wasn't the one who thought up this theory. I think the "religious" right did.

Cal's Quesadilla Caliphate

As a former Californian, I support the 1845 patriots who overthrew a Mexican government there.

As a Texan I support the ouster of and ass kicking that we laid on Santa Anna in 1836.

also, santa ana

Yeah, Right!

City.

Good grief! MORE misinformation! When "...they got testy"? The US intentionally sent the US army to the border to create an incident, giving us the pretense of invading Mexico to protect our country. It was exactly what Hitler did when he created a false pretense to invade Poland in 1939.

And the Germans did the same thing to Poland. Sieg Heil!

All Politicians who create 'Sanctuary Cities' should be held accountable for all crimes committed by Illegals. Period, end of story.
They should all be IN JAIL.

Subverting the US Constitution should be a major crime if it is not already and if it is, it should be enforced with the MAXIMUM penalty
You try it. Try going to the media with an interview outing an ICE raid just hours before it happens, killing $millions of dollars of man hours and even lives being risked gathering information. See how long it would be before the feds zip-tied your wrists and threw you in the cooler.

But that self righteous, hypocritical twat in Oakland does it and right as we speak, she's comfy at home applying her inch of makeup while hubby gives her a back rub and Manuela croaks in broken english from their marble-clad kitchen "meester an meeses chor braakfeest ees grready".

I'm telling you, this illegal-compassion thing is a ruse. They want a continual stream of illegals because as they compete for the jobs, the wages go down down down. And the complaints are nonexistent. Who will complain if it means being deported? (which she knows is still a threat even with sanctuary cities). It's a slave state. Go to any city in CA and note how many whites you see working ANYWHERE. And how the Hispanics all seem to speak in very broken english. Almost like they weren't born in the US and schooled here.. You want to know where 10s of millions of jobs went? Wonder no more. That money is being funneled under the table to Mexico. Don't worry, somehow the fed with no tax base will be able to support you with welfare and food stamps indefinitely.

Seems like a stuck pig would do a lot better if the farmer sewed up the gaping holes in his arteries.
Democrats have also proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that they do not actually prefer to have a legal 'DACA' law passed - they prefer to have an emotional issue to use during the mid-term election.

Illegals just let the Democrats know they are smart enough to understand this...and will have none of being manipulated and lied to for political partisan party gain.
Right now their issue of the day is the NRA is a terrorist group.

Come to think of it..... I need to sign up and get my pocket knife.

Then the federal government would hold more money from you.

california has the sixth larest economy in the world. maybe california should withhold money from rightwingnuts who live on welfare.

Oh, if they are that rich, I guess they won't miss the federal funding then.

I'm not going to entertain lowlife racist trash. I will ask, however, if you have the slightest idea of how much money red states glom from blue state tax money?
I wonder if you know how much more California gets from the federal government than other states do.

I wonder if you know that red states get more than they pay.... and blue states pay more than they get.

966724856.jpg

I realize that red states pay more in taxes than blue states. They should. Their income is about twice that of blue states.

Did you know that California receives more federal funding than any other state...by a wide margin. In the link below, scroll down to the first table, go to the top of the right hand column and sort the figures in descending order. You will see the total on top, then California, then Texas and so on down the list.

California got one-hundred-nine BILLION dollars MORE than Texas in 2013. New York is third with one-hundred-forty-eight BILLION less than California. I suspect the margins are even higher today.

Federal taxation and spending by state - Wikipedia

also, santa ana

Yeah, Right!

City.

And the Germans did the same thing to Poland. Sieg Heil!

But they had tanks and Stukas.

All Politicians who create 'Sanctuary Cities' should be held accountable for all crimes committed by Illegals. Period, end of story.
Don’t they call that harboring? And that’s illegal

They should be arrested and prosecuted. They need to be held accountable.

Infuckin'credible! I never knew that there was so much ignorance in America. I guess what they are saying is right. Our public schools suck.

They should all be IN JAIL.

Subverting the US Constitution should be a major crime if it is not already and if it is, it should be enforced with the MAXIMUM penalty
That's why some in the FBI (and some that have left the FBI) should be in prison, along with some from the Obama administration.

Infuckin'credible! I never knew that there was so much ignorance in America. I guess what they are saying is right. Our public schools suck.
Actually, your last sentence is correct. Our public schools suck because of liberalism and tenure for unqualified pseudo-teachers.

Try harboring criminals in your home.

So did Osama bin Laden. WTF is your point?

Aren't the people involved in the "Religious Freedom Act" and the people who refuse to bake cakes arguing that those who hold sincerely held beliefs can excuse themselves from obedience to any law that doesn't meet with their approval? Not that the mayor broke any law.
What does that have to do with this white skank of a mayor?

You've gone off the deep end pal.

It has everything to do with it. She's not a "skank" just for doing what she thinks is morally right. Even if she did break a law, which she didn't, it's the "religious" right and the cake non-bakers who originally brought up the argument that a sincerely-held belief supersedes the requirement to obey a law.

So what religion does she belong to that made her do what she did?

It doesn't matter. Such beliefs are covered regardless of whether they have a religious origin. But that said, Christians, Jews, and Muslims all have beliefs centering on the treatment of others, and specifically those who "sojourn" among them. I think that most other religions do, too.

Can you point to me where in the US Constitution "such beliefs" are covered? Wrong. Only religion is mentioned in the Constitution--not moral beliefs.

A federal judge in Northern California has declined a request from California Attorney General Xavier Becerra to block the Trump administration’s decision to withhold a law enforcement grant to the state as part of its crackdown on states and jurisdictions that protect illegal immigrants.

Becerra asked for a preliminary injunction against the Trump administration's decision, but Judge William Orrick of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California ruled against taking that step.

“The injury threatened is not irreparable,” Orrick wrote. “The amount of money at stake is small compared to the state’s budget. Payment is delayed, for the moment. The DOJ appears to be using its regular administrative process to decide whether it will follow its initial inclinations.”

The judge said at some point in the future, the case “may help define the contours of the state’s broad constitutional police powers under the Tenth Amendment and the federal government’s ‘broad, undoubted power over the subject of immigration and the status of aliens.’”

The Trump administration has been cracking down on cities and jurisdictions that offer protections for people in the U.S. illegally.

In July, Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced that cities and states would only be eligible to receive specific grants from the Justice Department if they follow specific requirements, including certifying compliance with federal immigration law.

To be eligible for the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants, or JAG grants, cities have to adhere to three criteria. They include giving 48-hour notice to the federal government before releasing anyone ICE wants the state to keep detained, and giving Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents access to detention facilities.

State and local officials must also provide personal information and release dates of illegal immigrants detained across the state...

Great news. As a Californian, I support this.
Historically, as least since the end of WWII and the increasingly everpresent fed govt, Congress has legally been able to place requirements on states that coerce them to do things to get federal dollars.

Forum List

Back