Fed Ex Flight 705 - Fight For Your Life

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
How bizarre that I watched this video before bed and wake up to find out 8 people were shot to death at a Fed Ex facility in Indianapolis.

This bizarre story was a Fed Ex pilot, former Navy pilot, who planned to take down a Fed Ex plane and crash it so his family could collect 2 million in life insurance. He is still in prison. His name is Auburn R. Calloway.

How bizarre that I watched this video before bed and wake up to find out 8 people were shot to death at a Fed Ex facility in Indianapolis.

This bizarre story was a Fed Ex pilot, former Navy pilot, who planned to take down a Fed Ex plane and crash it so his family could collect 2 million in life insurance. He is still in prison. His name is Auburn R. Calloway.

thats funny I watched this one last night and woke up to the same thing

he was on a fed X plane that crashed,,

A navy pilot trying to down a plane so they can cash in on $2million? I guarantee it was a white guy

Last edited:

Did you read the NTSB reports or just watch the video?

I read some stories about the three survivors reuniting in 2007, and what happened to Calloway, but did not read any NTSB report (although I probably would if I knew where to find it) Did you read it?

I read some stories about the three survivors reuniting in 2007, and what happened to Calloway, but did not read any NTSB report (although I probably would if I knew where to find it) Did you read it?

Yes, I'm familiar with the details of the incident but when I went to look it up in the NTSB database it looks different than it did when last I utilized it. Also the FBI may have been the investigating agency instead of the National Transportation Safety Board because it was a hijacking, an intentional crime as opposed to an "accident" or incident.

In any case, just Googling on Federal Express flight 705 returns a wealth of data including the court case against Calloway and transcripts of at least portions of the cockpit voice recorder.

The NTSB accident/incident report database is at the link below. I suggest looking for something you're familiar with and recent just to learn how to query the reports and once you're comfortable you can start looking for more specific incidents you'd like information on.

The FAA apparently compiles it's own database of incidents and indicates that it contains data even when the NTSB did not conduct an investigation.
NTSB Aviation Accident Database & Synopses

FAA Aviation Accident & Incident Database

If you'd like to see what an actual NTSB report looks like, here's a link to an accident you've probably heard of, the ValueJet crash into the Florida Everglades due to exploding oxygen "generators" improperly transported in the jet's cargo hold.
https://libraryonline.erau.edu/online-full-text/ntsb/aircraft-accident-reports/AAR97-06.pdf

Last edited:
That is awesome Mariyam, thanks so much for those links. That posted video has actual audio from the aircraft and the tower, it's amazing that someone can have a fractured skull, from multiple hammer blows, and still fly an aircraft past all of its structural and mechanical limits in an attempt to keep the attacker off balance, and then make a perfect landing while being full of fuel and 16,000 pounds overweight.

That particular video is XPilot, but I've gotten hooked on the The Flight Channel videos, and have seem most of them, but not all of them. What amazes me is seeing videos of aircraft Boeing and Airbus crashes just in the past year and not hearing about these in the news. Just this past January I believe a Indonesian commercial airliner went down (not the 737 MAX, but another aircraft) and I never heard of it. Indonesia has one of the worst safety records of any country in the world.

Last edited:

Saw that one too a while ago. How those 2 others stayed in the fight is unbelievable.

That is awesome Mariyam, thanks so much for those links. That posted video has actual audio from the aircraft and the tower, it's amazing that someone can have a fractured skull, from multiple hammer blows, and still fly an aircraft past all of its structural and mechanical limits in an attempt to keep the attacker off balance, and then make a perfect landing while being full of fuel and 16,000 pounds overweight.

That particular video is XPilot, but I've gotten hooked on the The Flight Channel videos, and have seem most of them, but not all of them. What amazes me is seeing videos of aircraft Boeing and Airbus crashes just in the past year and not hearing about these in the news. Just this past January I believe a Indonesian commercial airliner went down (not the 737 MAX, but another aircraft) and I never heard of it. Indonesia has one of the worst safety records of any country in the world.
I've been interested in aviation accident investigations for several decades. I had the good fortune of working for a gentleman who owned a aviation accident investigations company and I learned a ton from him. Also my grandfather died in a plane crash returning to Moton field in Tuskegee, Alabama at the end of WWII when they were forced to attempt their landing in a horrible thunderstorm. The Army Air Corps lost 10 high ranking officers in that one crash which happened on the airport grounds.

I have so much admiration for these men and women:

Forum List

Back