Favre's effect on Vikings receivers

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
I just can't wrap my mind around Brett Favre playing for the Vikings.

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - With reports that Brett Favre has put a deposit down on a condo in the Minnesota area, it seems all but assured that Favre will be the starting quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings this year.

So what effect will having the Hall-of-Fame quarterback behind center have on the Minnesota wide receivers and how can the fantasy owner evaluate/benefit from the information?

When Favre joined the New York Jets last season, he was coming off one of his best seasons ever. His 2007 statistical season, his final year in Green Bay, were 356-for-535, 4,155 yards and 28 TDs versus just 15 INTs. His interception total was the lowest in a decade and his yards-per-attempt was the highest of his career (7.8). He led his team to a 13-3 regular season and the NFC Championship game.

After a summer of drama, Favre came to New York with great expectations. So did his fantasy owners and owners of his two primary targets - Jerricho Cotchery and Laveranues Coles.

Unfortunately, after a quick start, Favre and his receivers ended up disappointing their fans and fantasy owners.

Now it appears Favre will begin anew in Minnesota and fans and fantasy owners in the Land of 10,000 Lakes are getting excited - just as New York fans were in 2008. The big question is which Favre will show up - the star of 2007 or the sore-armed quarterback of 2008?

This is always sad to watch......but admireable at the same time. He loves the game....yet he doesnt have "it" anymore.

This isnt going to end well.......

Bullshit. I bet they wn the Super Bowl. Berrian, Harvin, and possbly Harrison running routes. Peterson with room to run, because defenses respect Favre's throwing abilty. Vikes already have a great defense. They will go deep into the playoffs, possibly all the way.

Buts its okay. We have Aaron Rodgers. :cool:

This is always sad to watch......but admireable at the same time. He loves the game....yet he doesnt have "it" anymore.

Bullshit. I bet they wn the Super Bowl. Berrian, Harvin, and possbly Harrison running routes. Peterson with room to run, because defenses respect Favre's throwing abilty. Vikes already have a great defense. They will go deep into the playoffs, possibly all the way.

They aren't going all the way.

When was the last time Favre won when it mattered?

Seriously ... fuck Brett Favre.

I'm tired of hearing about him at this point. It's a sad truth about how there is no depth in QBing in the NFL to the point that Brett can be a drama queen with teams still willing to take him.

Same thing goes with Owens.

When was the time a QB won a football game by himself? :eusa_eh:

Brad Johnson threw a pass to himself in 1997 with the Vikings when they were playing against the Panthers. :tongue:

Edit: Not sure if they won that game but still. :lol:

12 years ago :lol:

When was the time a QB won a football game by himself? :eusa_eh:

Not too sure but Favre has been pretty good at throwing key interceptions at crucial points in important games since about 2000.

I'll agree that he has lost some big ones for us. The most recent being the NFC Championship game 2 years ago, but to my knowledge, he has never won one by himself. The closest you could count is the Green Bay-Oakland game, the night after his Dad died. That was one helluva game for him. I also concede that Favre does alot of damage, but he does so, trying to make things happen. You have to respect a guy that is willing to lose in order to win.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Crimson, you know I love you dear, but there is NO WAY in HELL that the Vikings will win, heck, even be, in the Super Bowl this year! God love ya for thinking that though~:lol:

Look--the guy has brains and experience. That in itself is more than the Vikings have had at QB for a long time. Let the white boy run the team and see what happens.

If Favre went to play for the Cowboys, could he finally win at Texas Stadium?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Crimson, you know I love you dear, but there is NO WAY in HELL that the Vikings will win, heck, even be, in the Super Bowl this year! God love ya for thinking that though~:lol:

We'll see.

All the tools are there. They will win the NFC North. Once in the playoffs, anything could happen. Their defense will give them a chance to win playoff games.

Brett is over rated... he has a long history of making STUPID throws at the worst possible moments...

There's a fine line between confidence and foolishness...Brett is too often on the side of foolishness...

Brett is over rated... he has a long history of making STUPID throws at the worst possible moments...

There's a fine line between confidence and foolishness...Brett is too often on the side of foolishness...

Over rated? You have gone retarded. He has a Super Bowl ring. He has broken almost every record a passing QB can break. He started 269 consecutive games. 291 if you count playoff games.

Over rated my ass.

Over rated? You have gone retarded. He has a Super Bowl ring. He has broken almost every record a passing QB can break. He started 269 consecutive games. 291 if you count playoff games.

Over rated my ass.

Including interceptions. I'm a Bears' fan. i couldn't resist.

Forum List

Back