Favorite PC Game

Are you using your hacks when trying to escape? Street blockers, traffic lights, steam pipes, black outs? Using those to break line of sight and then hack a garage to hide in.

Traffic lights, which don't seen to help much. I haven't progressed enough to get the other hacks.

Stop trying the car missions till you get your other hacks. Without them you will have tons of problems. Eventually you get an upgrade that highlights hacks that will help you as you play in real time. Also MASTER slow motion. You can destroy the cops once you have that. And hacking garages during pursuits is gold.

I can hack the garages, but the cops are right on me, even still. I guess it's because I was in such a hurry, I forgot to close the garage door behind me. I was too busy opening the next door. I have tried this focus option, but so far I can't see much use for it. I move just as slow as the world around me so don't understand its use. I also don't like the combat aiming process. It was the same in GTA IV. I can't move fast or side-step and seem to get stuck in crouch mode when I need to move faster. Hence, starting all over with the mission.

I'm busy taking down the gang hideouts, which is somewhat of a pain in the neck. I have tried total stealth, using take downs and the silenced pistol, but sneaking around like that is a slow process. I especially hate that I can't kill the leader. I have to beat him down. I had to give up on that mission where I went into the ghetto to take down the gang banger. Right down to the end, they would call in reinforcements, and though I was hidden well, they would find me every time, and they are such excellent shots. The game is heavily against the player, even in Normal mode.

If you get out of the car during a fixer mission, you lose because those missions are timed. If you are trying to escape a gang or the police for some other act such as a vigilante act or if you stole somebody's car, you can drive right into the water and swim away. Often hugging the sea wall will help you to elude the cops because for some reason they just continue to drive up and down the sea wall. The gang members will get out and jump onto the rocks to find you. You also need to beef up your perks such as your resistance to bullets and blasts as well as get the hack to disable helicopters. Just that helicopter perk saved my bacon last night when I was escaping South Chicago in a boat.

My video card is an NVIDIA Geforce 660 GTX with 2 gigs of RAM, and I have the automatic driver search that alerts me to whenever a new driver is available. Maybe you need to update your video drivers if you haven't already. I started with all my settings on high, but during the driving sequences, I noticed every now and then a lag, which was affecting my steering. I turned down the settings to medium, and the game plays much better, and I don't notice any change in graphics quality. You might also want to turn off blur as well. I had that on and started feeling nauseated. The good part about that game is that in stead of driving, you can run anywhere you want if you don't mind how long it takes. I especially love Aidan's ability to hack and run. :D

The 660 is way behind the 7990. I do have it set to ultra. I'm running the Cat 14.4 drivers that AMD released specifically for Watchdogs.

What I'm running is;

XCLIO 2000 Black & Titanium Case
KingWin Gold Certified 80+ 1000 Watt PS
Asus P8Z77-V Premium Motherboard
Intel Core I7 3770K @ 5.0 gHz
Corsair CWCH70 Hydro Series H80 CPU Liquid Cooler
CORSAIR Vengence 16GB
PowerColor Radeon 7990 6GB
OCZ Vertex 3 SATA 3 SSD
1TB WD Black Edition SATA 3 + 3TB Seagate SATA 3
Panasonic DVD
Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

I pull off 3 SATA 3 drives because the OCZ is a PCIE card based drive. It gives me the 6gbps pipe.

Like I said, I picked up an R290 that I'll put in over the weekend. This puppy here;

SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 100362VXSR Radeon R9 290 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support TRI-X OC (UEFI) Video Card - Newegg.com

I would expect it to smooth out the frame rates.

Wow! You have me beat. My system is 5 years old, but until I can no longer play these heavily intensive graphics games, I will continue on with my old system.

I have an ASUS P5Q motherboard that is capable of using overclocking for the processor as well as overclocking for the graphics card, but I prefer not to do that. There is enough heat there. I notice you have the water-cooled system. I have thought about it, but am funny about having anything liquid, running through my PC.

With that power supply of yours, I bet you can heat your house in the winter. It gets hot enough in my computer room, and I have just an 850 watt PS.

Another thought, if your system is hiccuping with Watchdogs, you might want to give yourself additional virtual memory. Go in and if you have 16 Gigabytes of RAM, take 1/4 of that and give yourself 4 gigs of virtual RAM, but make your start and stop points both at 4 gigs. I started getting insufficient memory errors when I was playing Wolfenstein, the New Order. Once I changed my virtual RAM, those memory problems disappeared.

Another thing, I have noticed that after playing these games, sometimes my computer doesn't want to shut off. That means I need to defrag my hard drive. It always helps. I also run an application I bought at Best Buy called Fix-It-Utilities. I run that app every other day, and it has helped my PC to run much better.

Last edited:
I've fallen in love with Kerbal Space Program as of late. It's basically a NASA simulator minus a lot of technical research etc. You build rockets, send them to orbit, beyond or not even close and collect science for your efforts. Opening up new parts and pieces for ship and rocket building. The physics engine is really good, so it's a LOT more difficult than it sounds. I've been playing and building for weeks and finally made it to the moon.

My pc is about 5 years old. I bought it cheap at about 600 from Walmart as I already have another pc. I put a new power brick in it and a new graphics card. It has run every game I've tried except Planetside 2. For some reason it crashes after about 10 minutes of playing.

I'd like to build a gaming rig from scratch but I just don't play enough to justify the money & time it would take to do it.

I spent about $600 building my PC back in 2009. I briefly looked at the benefits of SLI or Crossfire, but opted to buy a regular motherboard with just one graphics card. Maybe, on the next go around, I'll look at a double or triple system, but when I first set it up, I will just go with one card. With my setup, I have to have at least one PCI slot that isn't covered with a giant graphics processor so I can install my HD TV tuner. I love having TV capability with my PC.

I'm currently playing a lot of League of Legends

WOW kept me busy for a few years
I was a top league player in Counter Strike back when it was the game to play
C&C genre were fun back in the day
Every once in a while I'll play a good RPG like Mass Effect, Kotor, bioshock

I'd like to build a gaming rig from scratch but I just don't play enough to justify the money & time it would take to do it.

I spent about $600 building my PC back in 2009. I briefly looked at the benefits of SLI or Crossfire, but opted to buy a regular motherboard with just one graphics card. Maybe, on the next go around, I'll look at a double or triple system, but when I first set it up, I will just go with one card. With my setup, I have to have at least one PCI slot that isn't covered with a giant graphics processor so I can install my HD TV tuner. I love having TV capability with my PC.

If I ever do it I'll likely spend that amount on my graphics cards

My favorite game of all time has got to be the CIV series, but I spent a fair amount of time playing the original Masters of the Universe game.

I also really enjoyed the first MechWarrior on the original X-box

These days it's all iPad games, like solitare or Sudoku, and my one remaining time sucking vice on the occasional Sunday afternoon, Skyrim....which I can never seem to play any character beyond about level 25 without becoming fascinated by some other skill combination, so I start over. I've got a rig that plays at max settings, and the only total play through I've ever done was stealth archer, which was a lot easier after I got the rig because I could see targets much further away.

I don't know if there is an advantage or not with multiple graphics cards. Not to shoot anybody's PC's down, but one guy has the latest and greatest Core I7 and a couple of Crossfire boards, and he's still having problems making the game play like he wants it, yet, I can play the game, beautifully with my lesser system. I do tend to tweak operating system, Windows 8, more for the best performance, defrag often, run virtual RAM, so instead of buying another graphics card like this guy was saying, I think it's a matter of the right tweaking, and he could play anything with his present graphics card. Just my observations which seem to work for me.

Are you using your hacks when trying to escape? Street blockers, traffic lights, steam pipes, black outs? Using those to break line of sight and then hack a garage to hide in.

Traffic lights, which don't seen to help much. I haven't progressed enough to get the other hacks.

Stop trying the car missions till you get your other hacks. Without them you will have tons of problems. Eventually you get an upgrade that highlights hacks that will help you as you play in real time. Also MASTER slow motion. You can destroy the cops once you have that. And hacking garages during pursuits is gold.

Just did another fixer contract where I had to take out a guy in a pickup. I used one of my perks where you see a diamond so then you press your hack key, and it took out his car. I almost lost him when he set out on foot. I couldn't control my car, so turned it around and ran right over him, and since it was my 5th fixer contract, I got the new "offensive driving" skill. I figure if I do enough side missions and beef up my skills, I will eventually go back to the main storyline. I have hacked all the CTOS towers and distribution points as well as 7 gang hideout. Those gang hideouts have gotten creative, where you have to take out multiple targets while they are surrounded by their bodyguards. I must say that the maximum slow motion/focus skill doesn't work in combat, since it appears to be designed only for driving.

I thought I was being a bit extravagant when I spent $250 for my recent graphics card purchase of the NVIDIA Geforce 660 GTX. That was the most expensive board I have ever owned. It was reduced from $300.

I don't know what I just watched.

If that's Elder Scrolls Online, count me out of that one.

I did buy Titanfall, but when I discovered it was all online, I took it back and got a refund. Fortunately, I didn't open the package, and that made it easier with Walmart. If I had any other Internet provider other than my Satellite system, Wild Blue, I could play online, but that is the kicker.

I don't know what I just watched.

If that's Elder Scrolls Online, count me out of that one.

I did buy Titanfall, but when I discovered it was all online, I took it back and got a refund. Fortunately, I didn't open the package, and that made it easier with Walmart. If I had any other Internet provider other than my Satellite system, Wild Blue, I could play online, but that is the kicker.
It´s The Elder Scrolls Online indeed. I´m playing with a Notebook what makes me turn the graphics largeley to low. I reduced the clip´s size from 700 to 12 MB before uploading.

Last edited:
I only played one Battlefield game, but the single player game is way too short, and I don't play on line. Of course, Watchdogs has been trying to force me to get involved in online hacking, but when I'm told that an online hacker has attacked me, I just shut off my modem. That gets rid of them quite easily.

I only played one Battlefield game, but the single player game is way too short, and I don't play on line. Of course, Watchdogs has been trying to force me to get involved in online hacking, but when I'm told that an online hacker has attacked me, I just shut off my modem. That gets rid of them quite easily.
The BF single player campaigns are not much more than a bonus, its focused on Multiplayer. Bad Company is the first BF that contains a real SP campaign by the way, the previous BF games just offer to play against bots on Multiplayer maps.

Whats your experience with hackers in Watchdogs?

Forum List

Back