Favorite Console Game of All Time (5th & 6th Gen Consoles)

Favorite 5th & 6th Gen. Game of all time (one title can include series)

• Final Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tekken

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Mortal Kombat

• Silent Hill

• Metal Gear Solid

• Resident Evil

• Super Mario (64)

• Twisted Metal

• Legend of Zelda

• Halo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thespecter2

Rookie
Aug 3, 2008
California
Out of the 5th and 6th generation consoles, which game is your favorite of all time. If you reply, go ahead and tell us why it is your favorite or if there is a game you don't see on the list. Remember, 5th and 6th Gen. consoles include: Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Playstation, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo Gamecube, Sony Playstation 2, and Microsoft's Xbox.

Madden didn't make the list?

Yep, Madden is a good one. I personally love Madden and would put it in my top 5 but I did not want to put it in because it would qualify other sports games as well and people would be leaving comments such as: "where is SMACKDOWN! on the list?" or "Why isn't Tony Hawk on there?" or "What about Baseball, MVP Baseball?". I couldn't really list one sports game and not include others. I will make a best sports video game poll soon though! Thanks for the comment. Now get out and ROCK THE VOTE! lol. Out of the above, which do you think is the greatest?

I don't think any reasonable person would compare Madden to Smackdown or Tony Hawk. I'm willing to bet Madden made more money then any of the games listed, with the possible exception of the Mario games. For that reason alone, I vote Madden.

I don't think any reasonable person would compare Madden to Smackdown or Tony Hawk. I'm willing to bet Madden made more money then any of the games listed, with the possible exception of the Mario games. For that reason alone, I vote Madden.

Indeed, you are right on that. But World Wide, FIFA soccer did just as well. So IDK. Madden lives on, though! Just out of curiosity, what do you think about Madden 09? I have been playing Madden for around 10 years and I say it has stooped down since Madden 05.

I agree that FIFA should be there too. I like Madden 09 for the Xbox 360. I could do without some of the "extras". The AI gets better and better every year. Another series that I like is the Ghost Recon series. You have some good games on the list, I guess it's really hard to narrow the list down to only ten games.

PS2 by far has the biggest impact, best games overall and best controller. Twisted Metal Black in particular was an absolute work of art, at least as far as the game play. The story was probably written by Tim Burton on acid though. I don't like shooters usually but this one was totally enveloping.

I was always a Bond: Goldeneye for Nintendo 64 type a guy

Give me my dual RPC-90's and I blow people up

God what a great game

My faves don't show up that late. Got bored with the games being remakes of the same ones since SNES. Final Fantasy VI was the last great console VRPG. Mario III was the last great action one.

The 8 bit systems had better console games, the entire Dragon Warrior series was the best RPG for decades, except of course the graphics were primitive.

How could you forget:

sega-genesis-michael-jackson-moonwalker.jpg

The gameplay is focused on finding children, all of whom resemble Katie from the movie, which are scattered throughout the level, some behind certain objects such as doors. Most of the objects are empty or contain enemies. In contrast to the arcade version, Michael's moves more closely resemble his trademark dancing moves. For example, the standard attack is a stylized high kick that is commonly incorporated into his dance routines.
Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Out of those in the poll I only liked Resident Evil IV for the Wii. Always hated Mortal Combat and Tekken. Loved Soul Calibur and Killer Instinct, liked Street Fighter. I like most Command and Conquer and CivIV.

Last edited:
The Civ series is great, the only one I didn't think was fantastic was the last one for console only.

One of my favorite RPGs is not on the list, 'Elder scrolls IV Oblivion.'

I LOVE that game.

Forum List

Back