father vows to kill his 5 yr old son's killer

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
The father of a five-year-old boy slain in 1975 has vowed to murder the man who did it "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son" if he is released from prison early.

John Foreman told WPRO-AM radio that he blamed himself for accepting a plea deal that saw Michael Woodmansee convicted of the second-degree murder of his son Jason in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1982, but the plea bargain deal allowed him to be released early for good behavior. This could happen as soon as August, the Providence Journal reported.

Dad: I will kill my 5-year-old son's murderer - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

i would chip in on the father's defense...i hope he is not driven to murder but i can see his side.....

regardless of accepting the plea bargain.....a mourning parent is not the one who should have decided this

The father of a five-year-old boy slain in 1975 has vowed to murder the man who did it "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son" if he is released from prison early.

John Foreman told WPRO-AM radio that he blamed himself for accepting a plea deal that saw Michael Woodmansee convicted of the second-degree murder of his son Jason in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.

Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1982, but the plea bargain deal allowed him to be released early for good behavior. This could happen as soon as August, the Providence Journal reported.

Dad: I will kill my 5-year-old son's murderer - U.S. news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

i would chip in on the father's defense...i hope he is not driven to murder but i can see his side.....

regardless of accepting the plea bargain.....a mourning parent is not the one who should have decided this

The only thing wrong the father did that I can see is, make his action known that he was going to do it. I say Let him get out 2 weeks later his parol officer will be doing a nation wide man hunt for the killer of his son. But the convict will never be heard from again. Only the swamp he's in and the tree that he has been chained to would know exactly where he is.

omg big....not the big dismal....o....what a fate....i can barely handle it during the day....the dismal...

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be a damned shame if the perp was let out, and then the father got in trouble for harming or killing him.

Don't know any of the facts of the case, but letting out a murderer who tortured and killed a five year old boy?

Why?

Our society has gone mad.

i couldnt imagine being out there at night...much less chained to a tree....thanks there big...that is way more scary than the pole's flipping

i agree ed...how the hell can a person who killed a 5 yr old ever have good behavior?

how?

i couldnt imagine being out there at night...much less chained to a tree....thanks there big...that is way more scary than the pole's flipping

i agree ed...how the hell can a person who killed a 5 yr old ever have good behavior?

how?

He deserves no mercy. But he's not the killer of my son and he will never be chained to a tree because of me.:badgrin:

okay i know this is hard for people who have never been to the great dismal..but i am sitting here resisting the urge to pull my feet up

do they get rid of people down there that way big?

okay i know this is hard for people who have never been to the great dismal..but i am sitting here resisting the urge to pull my feet up

do they get rid of people down there that way big?

Dismal swamp as they say is one the big swamp. they have gators in there. People have turned up missing and never heard from again. North Carolina on the east is nothing but swamp.

Last edited:
i know that sillie....i have been there many times...on the way to somewhere else....i always make sure we hit the swamp in the morning.....never dusk and never night....the afternoon is great for turtle watching....

The DISMAL swamp. I like it!

Has a rather Tolkienian ring to it, doesn't it?

Dad's an idiot for running his mouth; UNLESS he's making a political point.

I can understand killing the person who killed your child; I think anyone can sympathize. My sticking point would always be "what about my remaining kids?" Cuz if I go to jail, they're deprived of me, and that's no good.

Chances are, this guy's kids, if he has more, are grown. Let him do it. If a jury convicts, which they probably won't, they'll recommend leniency or give him a lesser charge, and he'll be a hero in prison.

A person who tortured a little kid like that...that person hasn't changed in the last 40 years. Let him out, he'll do it again. I imagine he already has plans for it.

I sometimes worry that if someone kills my ex I will be the primary suspect for this reason...I can't help it if I wish he meets with an unfortunate accident! My kids would pull in $1500 each from SS until they're 18! I could take them to Disneyland every single year!

I sometimes worry that if someone kills my ex I will be the primary suspect for this reason...I can't help it if I wish he meets with an unfortunate accident! My kids would pull in $1500 each from SS until they're 18! I could take them to Disneyland every single year!

Stop projecting AllieBabba. :eusa_whistle: Focus on the Kids. ;)

Sad story. Shows how devastated the Dad is/was. There is no replacement for a murdered child, one never recovers from a thing like that. Someone needs to step in and try to get Dad some help.

Authorities found the boy's skull and bones on Woodmansee's dresser along with a journal that detailed the gruesome killing. John Foreman told the radio station that Woodmansee wrote about eating his son's flesh in the journal.

Sounds like a monster,, and they're gonna release him.

Forum List

Back