Fat Acceptance Movement?

Governments from all over the world are getting more and more involved in people's lives, including controlling their weight. These women better be careful or they might get deported.

I accept michigan fats.

That's cool, but my fat ass may trade you in on a newer model. ;)

I'll nag you till you do.

Mr+Ed.gif

Governments from all over the world are getting more and more involved in people's lives, including controlling their weight. These women better be careful or they might get deported.

To Japan. It's a sumo culture there, they pay by the pound. ............Free rep to the first person to say what movie that's from.

Hypothyroidism and Weight Gain :: Health-Science.Com ::

Interference with thyroid hormone is often an underlying cause of hypothyroidism, which, in turn, is responsible for more than 100 different symptoms. There are many undesirable effects which include weight gain and fatigue that cannot be controlled by diet or exercise.

Not all cases but I bet more are out there since the Lab TSH level range has changed from .05 to 6.00 to now 0.5 to 2.5 mIU/L That is all I have to say, some people that are having a problem losing weight despite exercising and taking in a lot less calories should suspect Hypothyroidism, see your doctor.

Last edited:

To Japan. It's a sumo culture there, they pay by the pound. ............Free rep to the first person to say what movie that's from.

It's sad I know this: There's Something About Mary

I suspect that a lot of people are hypothyroid and not even know it. Not only that a new normal reference TSH range from 0.5 to 2.5 mIU/L has been adopted but not all labs or doctor's even know this. One of the chief symptoms out of many is weight gain and unable to lose it no matter how much they eat less or exercise.​

I don't know anything about science so that all flew over my head. What I do know is that everytime you hear about someone that was starved while they were in a prison they lost weight. I'm not saying people should starve themselves, I'm just saying that it sounds like BS to me when people say they can't lose weight no matter what they do. It seems like I usually hear people say it between bites of their bacon double cheesburger which has enough calories for 3 meals in it. Then they top it off with some fries and chocolate shake. All this happens over a wild game on the XBox too. So, ok, maybe there are a handful of people who really can't do anything about it but I don't believe it about the vast majority. And when there's nothing you can do there's still surgery.

Watched a documentary on fat on PBS years ago...they took a bunch of thin convicts and stuck them in a room for 2 weeks and didn't allow them to exercise but allowed them to eat all kinds of fatty foods. Only one of them gained weight. They took too people one fat, on thin, gave them the same diet and exercise plan and it was followed. the fat man gained weight, the thin one lost weight.

Another study I read in college had a group of fat people weighed before they entered a bakery and weighed afterward. None of them had eating anything, there was a miniscule increase in their weight.

I guess what I'm saying is there is more to weight than meets the eye.

Most fat people have eating and exercise problems, but not all. Some of them have medical problems, since you can't tell which is which my just looking at them, why not just treat them all the same way you would anyone else?

One of my favorite bumper stickers:

Oh Lord, if I can't be thin, please make my friends fatter.

:lol:

I suspect that a lot of people are hypothyroid and not even know it. Not only that a new normal reference TSH range from 0.5 to 2.5 mIU/L has been adopted but not all labs or doctor's even know this. One of the chief symptoms out of many is weight gain and unable to lose it no matter how much they eat less or exercise.​

I don't know anything about science so that all flew over my head. What I do know is that everytime you hear about someone that was starved while they were in a prison they lost weight. I'm not saying people should starve themselves, I'm just saying that it sounds like BS to me when people say they can't lose weight no matter what they do. It seems like I usually hear people say it between bites of their bacon double cheesburger which has enough calories for 3 meals in it. Then they top it off with some fries and chocolate shake. All this happens over a wild game on the XBox too. So, ok, maybe there are a handful of people who really can't do anything about it but I don't believe it about the vast majority. And when there's nothing you can do there's still surgery.

Watched a documentary on fat on PBS years ago...they took a bunch of thin convicts and stuck them in a room for 2 weeks and didn't allow them to exercise but allowed them to eat all kinds of fatty foods. Only one of them gained weight. They took too people one fat, on thin, gave them the same diet and exercise plan and it was followed. the fat man gained weight, the thin one lost weight.

Another study I read in college had a group of fat people weighed before they entered a bakery and weighed afterward. None of them had eating anything, there was a miniscule increase in their weight.

Most fat people have eating and exercise problems, but not all. Some of them have medical problems, since you can't tell which is which my just looking at them, why not just treat them all the same way you would anyone else?

Acutally to be honest with you, heavy people do not bother me. I use to get really pissed off and would speak up from time to time when people would say to me "You are lucky to be so thin" I would respond to them with "If I was fat would you say to me how lucky I am to be fat"? That would shut them up.

Thin people have health issues also! We are all human, and that is how I see it.

Another one was Penn and Tellers "Fat Olympics" which pitted skinny against fat in several Olympic events, the skinny guy only got third and that was just because one of the fat guys sprained an ankle and had to leave.

I knew I'd catch crap for it, but I had to say it.

It's not about being down on anyone it's about people taking responsibility for themselves or shutting up. Of course I've never met every fat person, but everyone of them I have met that has said anything about it in front of me has moaned about how hard (or impossible) it was to lose weight. And all of them... ALL OF THEM... ate like I described and rarely exercised, if you could call finally getting tired of what was on TV and getting up to search for the remote 'exercising'.

Weight lose doesn't come easy to me, I can't eat whatever I want. If I linger too long over fattening items on a menu my thighs get bigger. But I try to eat healthy and I exercise. I want to drop 10-15 more pounds and I'll be happy but I'm not obsessed. But you don't hear me crying about how it's impossible. I want something and I'm working toward my goal. I can't believe someone that weighs 480 can't find a way to drop a few pounds.

It's not about being down on anyone it's about people taking responsibility for themselves or shutting up. Of course I've never met every fat person, but everyone of them I have met that has said anything about it in front of me has moaned about how hard (or impossible) it was to lose weight. And all of them... ALL OF THEM... ate like I described and rarely exercised, if you could call finally getting tired of what was on TV and getting up to search for the remote 'exercising'.

Weight lose doesn't come easy to me, I can't eat whatever I want. If I linger too long over fattening items on a menu my thighs get bigger. But I try to eat healthy and I exercise. I want to drop 10-15 more pounds and I'll be happy but I'm not obsessed. But you don't hear me crying about how it's impossible. I want something and I'm working toward my goal. I can't believe someone that weighs 480 can't find a way to drop a few pounds.
Amanda dear, I do know a woman who is close to 450 pounds and she eats salads, with no dressing, a lot of fish, and drinks water. She doesn't take a lot of calories in a day, she works full time, and has 3 kids to run after. She is active, exercises, so there are people out there even though you never met one.

Sorry, but this is one case where you are judging what you think people are based on what you want to be, that's just not right.

Acutally to be honest with you, heavy people do not bother me. I use to get really pissed off and would speak up from time to time when people would say to me "You are lucky to be so thin" I would respond to them with "If I was fat would you say to me how lucky I am to be fat"? That would shut them up.

Thin people have health issues also! We are all human, and that is how I see it.
I'm gonna have to remember that.

sorry about that but so true. I wish I had a penny for every time someone said that to me. I'm back down to 108 lbs and that is very thin to most people but for me since I was 103 my entire life that 20+pounds on me felt like 100 to the normal person.

It's been a tough road and I now know the other half of people not like me. I never thought bad of heavy people in my life, but gaining that weight sure did solidify how not to judge other's based on weight.

Now other judgements...yeah I'm guilty....LOL

sorry about that but so true. I wish I had a penny for every time someone said that to me. I'm back down to 108 lbs and that is very thin to most people but for me since I was 103 my entire life that 20+pounds on me felt like 100 to the normal person.

It's been a tough road and I now know the other half of people not like me. I never thought bad of heavy people in my life, but gaining that weight sure did solidify how not to judge other's based on weight.

108 ... ouch. I managed to get up to 130 and still feel like a twig at only 5 feet.

oh shaddup----you looked great the other night. 10 pound knockers look great on a woman like you.

Forum List

Back