Falcon Gives This Fox A Ride She Will Never Forget!

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
Good ole H/P & Torque(the more the merrier!) & a set of hard hooking slicks NEVER fails to open up the ole eyeballs to the max! This B/G Falcon is 'naturally aspirated'(non supercharged) yet is just as impressive(showboats!) for its class as the AA/G supercharged rigs are for their class. @ 2:32 Rod launches the Falcon which appears to literally 'squirt' out of the hole which illustrates the miracle of modern day slicks, not to mention a properly set up a weight transfer suspension. The 'gasser wars' of the 60's & early 70's were, in my opinion, the highlight of drag racing, but modern technology(super traction slick compounds, space age metallurgy/11,000 rpm capability, etc.) combined with the beasts of old just make those old beasts ever more desirable!

I like how she was trying to record the run on her phone.

A few years ago at Barrett-Jackson they were giving "thrill rides" in Ford Shelby GT500's. I tried to record my run on my phone, but it was just fuckin' hopeless...

C/S; Ford put those GT500's together the right way! Those puppies are reported to have around 750hp & near 600 ft. lbs. of all critical torque out of just a 5.2 liter engine(317 cubic inch)!!!!!! That hp/torque HAS(?) to be being measured @ the flywheel, I mean if that hp/torque is being measured @ the drive wheels we'd like near have pro-stock acceleration capability! Back in the early 70's we put together a 440 hp. 331ci. Chevy sbc(327 ci. bored 0.030 over) & thought we had pulled off a miracle even bigger than the parting of the Red Sea. Our performance engine combinations back then were ALL naturally aspirated street engines, where HOT factory engines of today are either supercharged/turbo assisted.

I'd say those GT500's are well under 3000# @ curb weight & obviously equipped with the latest in DOHC technology to get their staggering performance capability. The DOHC engines habitually run a 38% higher volumetric efficiency than the best of the yester-century two valve push rod engines. The modern day screw chargers that come on todays factory high performance street machines are also more efficient than the old Roots supercharger systems, as the screw chargers PUSH the air(less heat) into the combustion chambers where the Roots superchargers use rotors that beat the air into the combustion chambers which takes/makes energy(energy = heat). The old formula still holds true to this day; one can go as fast as one desires to go as all it takes is ever more $$$$$ to do so!

Forum List

Back