Fake pills are easy to purchase

you remind me of nancy Reagan…”just say no” simple enough…sadly folks still will use drugs, and now we have a pro-cartel admin making the drugs easily available

The left can't just say "no." That's why they love abortion so much. They see it as a remedy for their inability to just say "no."

They obviously want to kill themselves, I say let them.

Better yet, help them.

I wouldn't say they want to kill themselves, but it only goes to show you how strong that addiction is where it's worth risking their lives to take the drug.

No solution really. In my experience rehab is only temporary and seldom works long term, people are too stupid to vote in effective leadership to address the problem. And outside of a physical war where our military attacks the cartels, there is little hope in sight.

• Many fake pills are made to look like prescription drugs such as oxycodone (Oxycontin®, Percocet®), hydrocodone (Vicodin®), and alprazolam (Xanax®); or stimulants like amphetamines (Adderall®).
  • One Pill Can Kill
If only people would not take street pills. The US has a drug problem.
I’ve always lived by and taught my kids that you never take a pill that you don’t know the origins of. Especially nowadays when purchasing drugs online is so easy. Best to stick with booze and pot.

You won't do that, the only way to not take street drugs.

Lawyers and government are not helping. There are people who legitimately take legal pain killers but doctors are afraid to give them enough to actually stop the pain. So people in pain that get desperate turn to the streets to get the drugs they need to kill the pain they have because the doctor won't thanks to the lawsuits and government looking over the shoulders of every doctor making those prescriptions.

Lawyers and government are not helping. There are people who legitimately take legal pain killers but doctors are afraid to give them enough to actually stop the pain. So people in pain that get desperate turn to the streets to get the drugs they need to kill the pain they have because the doctor won't thanks to the lawsuits and government looking over the shoulders of every doctor making those prescriptions.
Or because they’re highly addictive. :rolleyes:

Or because they’re highly addictive. :rolleyes:

It's what they're afraid of but many times not the case. A late friend of mine could only get X amount of pills from her doctor. Her choice was to live in some pain all 30 days or get out of pain for 22 days and suffer the other 8. She wasn't addicted it's just that when you have severe pain, you'll do just about anything to stop it. Her former occupation was a prison guard where they were required to take drug tests all the time.

You don't solve a problem by creating another one to put in it's place.

Most dopers are liberals, progressiveness, and Democrats anyway. Maybe we should just let them continue to dose themselves and let the problem solve itself.
Republicans are also drug addicts. Sure enough, let them all druggist die.

It's what they're afraid of but many times not the case. A late friend of mine could only get X amount of pills from her doctor. Her choice was to live in some pain all 30 days or get out of pain for 22 days and suffer the other 8. She wasn't addicted it's just that when you have severe pain, you'll do just about anything to stop it. Her former occupation was a prison guard where they were required to take drug tests all the time.

You don't solve a problem by creating another one to put in it's place.
Most pain are in ones head unless it's cancer. Did she have cancer?

you remind me of nancy Reagan…”just say no” simple enough…sadly folks still will use drugs, and now we have a pro-cartel admin making the drugs easily available
I remind you of Nancy Reagon, her husband said the same thing and made the law.

The only real way to solve this problem is to legalize these drugs to be sold in stores just as Pot is in my state. This way we can make sure that they're regulated to be safe.

In your state and others the claim was to stop illegal pot, legal pot had to be sold there. Turns out there is no truth to that. Pot sellers still exist but they stay in business by undercutting the prices of government pot. All you really ended up with is more people using the stuff, and the same thing would happen (or worse) if you legalized other much more addictive drugs.

It's like when they were trying to sell the lottery in my state. They too made the claim that it would put the bookies out of business, but what ended up happening is the mob uses that states numbers for their games as well. To keep customers, they offer higher payouts than the state and of course, tax free.

Most pain are in ones head unless it's cancer. Did she have cancer?

She had a host of problems and died with oxygen in her nose, so no, it was not in her head. It's just that doctors are now afraid to prescribe enough pain killers to do the job, and that turns law abiding citizens into drug buyers on the street.

Last year my doctor wrote me a script for Oxycodone. It wasn't strong enough so the next script he upped the dose. When I went to get it refilled again, he made a mistake by writing for a refill as the first script he gave me. I called and asked if he could give me an additional script to make up the difference. He said he couldn't. The government would be all over his ass asking WTF he was doing? I just had to suffer it out until that script ran out and he gave me a proper script.

If you think pain only comes from cancer you have no idea what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back