Fair taxation.

CultureCitizen

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2013
Looking at the charts below I get the impression that corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes.
Is there a way to get to the pre- 70's situation where they payed their fair share of taxes ?

Corporate_Income_Tax_as_a_Share_of_GDP%2C_1946_-_2009.png

Federal_Receipts_by_Source.svg

No because they will simply offshore and produce elsewhere.

The world is not the same as it was 40 years ago, don't try and make it so.

Offshore ? Is there anything left to be offshored?

agriculture: 1.1%
industry: 19.5%
services: 79.4%
The industrial production is only 19.5%.
It is time to start asking what else can actually be offshored?
The retail sector, healthcare, banking, insurance, education, transport?

The World Factbook

And yet tax revenue is decreasing.

I KNOW I KNOW - reality is actually incorrect. Just raise the tax some more because 'fair share.' One of the most vapid phrases this past decade.

I am not here to rant against corporations. Just, how was it that the income from corporate taxes was 2 or 3 times higher 40 years ago ?
...relative to GDP.

This is another one of those fail threads.

I KNOW I KNOW - reality is actually incorrect. Just raise the tax some more because 'fair share.' One of the most vapid phrases this past decade.

I am not here to rant against corporations. Just, how was it that the income from corporate taxes was 2 or 3 times higher 40 years ago ?
...relative to GDP.

Since the tax rate has gone up, the only possible explanation is that corporations are earning less relative to the gdp than 40 years ago. I find it hard to believe.

Offshore ? Is there anything left to be offshored?

agriculture: 1.1%
industry: 19.5%
services: 79.4%
The industrial production is only 19.5%.
It is time to start asking what else can actually be offshored?
The retail sector, healthcare, banking, insurance, education, transport?

The World Factbook
A lot actually. Wal-Mart no longer even needs to exist - I can ship directly from China many time for less than the gas would cost to pick it up from Wal-Mart. Almost anything can be done remotely now.

...relative to GDP.

Since the tax rate has gone up, the only possible explanation is that corporations are earning less relative to the gdp than 40 years ago. I find it hard to believe.
So do I.

That either/or requires you to ignore a million other possibilities (off shoring being one of them) as well as tax boondoggles that major corporations utilize to minimize their tax burden.

...relative to GDP.

Thank you for admitting your own stupidity. :thup:

...relative to GDP.

Thank you for admitting your own stupidity. :thup:
... I suppose that kind of comments make you feel smart... what a loathsome individual you are.

The rich can afford a few more percentage. Most of that percent would sit in the bank anyways.
'Sit in the bank.'

Do you think that a bank actually takes that money and places it in a vault? I find it laughable that so many seem to think that money simply stays unproductive if it is not spent. That is not how our system works. the only money that is truly unproductive is that money sitting in your pocket.

If you believe the fascists that own the U.S. media markets, corporations are always overtaxed. Apparently corporations should pay less, and wage earners should pay more.

Forum List

Back