Facts don't support the left's narrative that there is a problem with racist cops

Clementine

Platinum Member
Dec 18, 2011
Okay, we do have a problem. There is a higher rate of crime among minorities. Do we keep ignoring it and calling those who speak the truth racists or do we try to figure out why this is and do something to change things? First step in battling problems is facing the ugly truth head on. We have to be willing to look at this and figure out what it is in some peoples' lives that caused them to turn to crime. Is the left afraid that liberal policies and decades of welfare dependence may be at the root of this problem? Lack of education, single parent households, drug problems, gang problems, shoddy schools, professional race baiters and an entitlement mentality haven't added up to productive citizens. How do we make this world a safer place without admitting where we have gone wrong?

One video that attempts to put racial violence in perspective is from Bill Whittle and Truth Revolt (video follows below), Whittle states right up front that if Michael Brown was innocent and unjustly shot, that the police officer should be punished and jailed for life. The statistics and the discussion that follow have nothing to do with the particular as-yet-unknown facts of the case.

Whittle believes that the narrative of a violent "war" on blacks being carried out by whites and police officers is not borne out by statistics. A spreadsheet from the FBI backs this up:

As far as homicide data from the FBI, in 2011 there were 3,172 whites killed, 83% by other whites and 14% by blacks. On the other hand, there were 2,695 blacks killed and 91% of these were killed at the hands of other black Americans.

Per the U.S. Census Bureau, whites make up 77.7% of the population, whereas African-Americans make up 13.2%. According to official statistics, there are six times as many white people in America as black people.
So as a matter of objective fact and not opinion, black Americans disproportionately murder more often than white Americans, based on their respective percentages of the U.S. population.

Facts don't support the left's narrative that there is a problem with racist cops

And the problem with conservatives is that they fail to acknowledge the fact that there are indeed racist members of law enforcement.

Like with so many things in life people try to take the exception and make it the rule are there racist cops yes corrupt cops who abuse their power of course but these cops are not the norm or the majority.When these cops are found we need to get them off the force and in jail if they break the law what we need to stop doing not only with cops but with all groups vilifying all because of the actions of a few something we have become all to comfortable doing.

It not just about race as it is that cops can kill and not be held accountable for their actions...Example... Cop is using a computer while driving and runs over man killing him..no charges....

Last edited:

And the problem with conservatives is that they fail to acknowledge the fact that there are indeed racist members of law enforcement.
Not true. I am a retired LE and can tell you there is racism. Problem is it is not widespread like the left claims it is. Take Ferguson, NOBODY knows what happened for sure but the cop and Brown but a lot of people jumped to conclusions.

Even if there were, what would that prove? What do you think needs to be done if some black cop hates whitey?

None of this explains the crime rate among minorities. It's simply more likely that a cop will encounter a minority in some areas and that the encounter will turn violent.

Is anyone brave enough to discuss why the crime rate among minorities? Until we understand it and work toward a solution, we will continue to see clashes on the street.

I don't like the way people jumped to conclusions after the Ferguson shooting. Even the UN is calling the U.S. racist because of unfounded claims by the race baiters. This is the sort of thing that makes the problem worse and stops people from taking an honest look at the root of the problem.

Even if there were, what would that prove? What do you think needs to be done if some black cop hates whitey?

Exactly. Racism exists in every walk of life and within every race. The current narrative is that cops cannot be trusted and that the majority of them are racist. Holder even called for more affirmative action in Ferguson because not enough minorities decided to become cops. We already have affirmative action and people are free to pursue whatever career they choose. The only hitch is that they actually have to qualify for the job and it's best not to have negative things in their history. Not sure what Holder meant by "more affirmative action" unless he intends to push for more laws to tilt the playing field. If people in the Ferguson area had no desire to apply to the police academy, just how will he change that? Lower standards or offer them something to entice them to apply?

The race baiters constantly keep people riled up by using a false premise, usually claiming that racism is to blame for all the problems they have in their lives and by offering it as an excuse for the mistakes they've made. In both the Martin case and the Ferguson case, it was automatically assumed that a white male shot innocent teens for no reason other than they didn't like blacks. And no amount of facts have changed minds. The anger is so deep thanks to the likes of Al Sharpton and even Obama that people stop listening after the first accusations are tossed out there. Once the hatred is revved up, it's like a runaway train and there is no stopping it until it ends in disaster. Looting, destruction of property and assaults are treated like normal responses to whatever the accusation is at the time. Never mind that the accusations are unproven and the reaction is the same whenever the media and race baiters get minorities riled. Hurricanes, acquittal of cops accused of beating a black guy or even the suggestion of racism results in a lot of people breaking into stores and stealing, people on the street being attacked, buildings burned and other destruction. Why do we see this same type of reaction each time? These things seem to be habits that people automatically turn to when riled. People tend to turn to their vices when stressed. Many want to smoke, drink, take drugs or run to whatever habit they have. Odd that destroying their own neighborhoods after stealing has become a predictable scenario.

Brown was a thug. He had just robbed a convenience store and a photo from his Facebook page surfaced showing him with a gun and a wad of cash in his mouth. He was far from innocent. I'm surprised the media didn't run with a 10 year old picture of Brown like they did with Martin.

Regardless of the evidence that comes out, some will refuse to even listen. The race baiters see to it that people stay angry and irrational. They don't want race relations to improve because their careers depend on constant turmoil.

When I hear Sharpton spouting his hateful crap or Holder telling people more affirmative action is needed, I realize that some will use people for their own purposes. I don't think they give a shit about the poor or other minorities, but they know how to manipulate people to get what they want.

Okay, we do have a problem. There is a higher rate of crime among minorities. Do we keep ignoring it and calling those who speak the truth racists or do we try to figure out why this is and do something to change things? First step in battling problems is facing the ugly truth head on. We have to be willing to look at this and figure out what it is in some peoples' lives that caused them to turn to crime. Is the left afraid that liberal policies and decades of welfare dependence may be at the root of this problem? Lack of education, single parent households, drug problems, gang problems, shoddy schools, professional race baiters and an entitlement mentality haven't added up to productive citizens. How do we make this world a safer place without admitting where we have gone wrong?

One video that attempts to put racial violence in perspective is from Bill Whittle and Truth Revolt (video follows below), Whittle states right up front that if Michael Brown was innocent and unjustly shot, that the police officer should be punished and jailed for life. The statistics and the discussion that follow have nothing to do with the particular as-yet-unknown facts of the case.

Whittle believes that the narrative of a violent "war" on blacks being carried out by whites and police officers is not borne out by statistics. A spreadsheet from the FBI backs this up:

As far as homicide data from the FBI, in 2011 there were 3,172 whites killed, 83% by other whites and 14% by blacks. On the other hand, there were 2,695 blacks killed and 91% of these were killed at the hands of other black Americans.

Per the U.S. Census Bureau, whites make up 77.7% of the population, whereas African-Americans make up 13.2%. According to official statistics, there are six times as many white people in America as black people.
So as a matter of objective fact and not opinion, black Americans disproportionately murder more often than white Americans, based on their respective percentages of the U.S. population.

While there are a lot of racist cops, the real problem is not so much racism as it is that cops just have a hard on for their authority and believe they are above the law. It doesn't matter if you are Black, White, Hispanic, or Asian, if a cop has a bug up his ass, he may just shoot you and say he had no choice.

I hate generalizing about cops but the truth is that there are a lot of bad cops out there and everyday citizens should be concerned.

]

So ending the social programs that help the poor will reduce crime? How would that work, exactly?

So the OP's position is that there is no problem with racist cops. None. That's amazing. The OP has uncovered the only subset of American society that is free of racism.

Eureka.

]

So ending the social programs that help the poor will reduce crime? How would that work, exactly?

Professional black athletes, making millions a year, are no less likely to perpetrate violent felonies or drug-related crimes, than any kid on the ghetto streets.

Not true. I am a retired LE and can tell you there is racism. Problem is it is not widespread like the left claims it is. Take Ferguson, NOBODY knows what happened for sure but the cop and Brown but a lot of people jumped to conclusions.

100% agree with you.

I remember back when I lived in Houston, I was pulled over and ticketed in the suburb of Bellaire. Google the city of Bellaire and check it out. Wiki has it as being 90+% white and Asian.

Well, I wanted to fight the ticket so I went to the court which was in the evening. The court room was packed full of people there to fight their tickets as well. The racial make up should be about 90+% white and Asian if, on average, those ticketed reflect the racial make-up of the city...right?

Aside from the Judge, an attorney some Mexican lady brought with her, and another defendant, nearly every defendant in the room was black or Hispanic (very few Hispanics by the way). We're talking about 150 defendants and one of them was white, in Bellaire, where 74% of the town is white.

None of this explains the crime rate among minorities. It's simply more likely that a cop will encounter a minority in some areas and that the encounter will turn violent.

Is anyone brave enough to discuss why the crime rate among minorities? Until we understand it and work toward a solution, we will continue to see clashes on the street.

I don't like the way people jumped to conclusions after the Ferguson shooting. Even the UN is calling the U.S. racist because of unfounded claims by the race baiters. This is the sort of thing that makes the problem worse and stops people from taking an honest look at the root of the problem.

You ever been stopped by the police and let off with a warning?

I have.

But why did they stop you? Were you breaking the law?

I was.

It's happened less than 5 times to me.

Now lets assume that all stops are righteous stops...that cops stop those who are breaking the law. They don't stop everyone--that would be impossible but EVERYONE THEY STOP IS BREAKING THE LAW. Lets assume that race plays no role in the decision to stop a car...

o-NYCLU-NYPD-STOP-AND-FRISKS-MINORITIES-570.jpg

What you see above is the stop and frisk statistics. Not the convictions from S&F, but the stops.
The data shows young men broken down by race. It's not as convincing as I would like for it to be but it's convincing enough.

If you were to frisk as many white as you did blacks and Latinos, you'd have a higher percentage of whites being arrested.

Just like with the traffic stops, once the police engage you; that is when they find the bag of weed in your car, check your SSN for warrants, find out you've been drinking a bit too much at the pub... The key is that there seems to be a more suspicious posture where minorities are concerned versus that of whites; and this is born out by the chart above.

It not just about race as it is that cops can kill and not be held accountable for their actions...Example... Cop is using a computer while driving and runs over man killing him..no charges....
He was legally doing his job.

Under the law, law enforcement officials are allowed to use electronic wireless devices while carrying out their duties. .

Read more: Deputy who killed former Napster COO after drifting into the bike lane while distracted by his laptop will NOT face charges because he was answering a work-related email Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have.

I was.

Now lets assume that all stops are righteous stops...that cops stop those who are breaking the law. They don't stop everyone--that would be impossible but EVERYONE THEY STOP IS BREAKING THE LAW. Lets assume that race plays no role in the decision to stop a car...

What you see above is the stop and frisk statistics. Not the convictions from S&F, but the stops.
The data shows young men broken down by race. It's not as convincing as I would like for it to be but it's convincing enough.

If you were to frisk as many white as you did blacks and Latinos, you'd have a higher percentage of whites being arrested.

Just like with the traffic stops, once the police engage you; that is when they find the bag of weed in your car, check your SSN for warrants, find out you've been drinking a bit too much at the pub... The key is that there seems to be a more suspicious posture where minorities are concerned versus that of whites; and this is born out by the chart above.
Wouldn't it be logical to stop&frisk in certain high-crime neighborhoods? Would it benefit these neighborhoods to allot police forces away so they can frisk pedestrians in safer areas? Please don't tell me crime and racial demographics are uniform in all areas of NYC.

I have.

I was.

Wouldn't it be logical to stop&frisk in certain high-crime neighborhoods? Would it benefit these neighborhoods to allot police forces away so they can frisk pedestrians in safer areas? Please don't tell me crime and racial demographics are uniform in all areas of NYC.

I wasn't stating that and the above chart shows no geographic predetermination. While it is "logical", it doesn't mean that logic was the driving force...maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

What I was saying was that once you start poking and investigating a person, you're more likely to find something illegal than you would be had you never investigated at all. Agreed?

So when you have 1/4 of all black young men being searched, you're going to end up with a greater number of them being arrested. Agreed?

I have.

I was.

I wasn't stating that and the above chart shows no geographic predetermination. While it is "logical", it doesn't mean that logic was the driving force...maybe it was and maybe it wasn't.

What I was saying was that once you start poking and investigating a person, you're more likely to find something illegal than you would be had you never investigated at all. Agreed?

So when you have 1/4 of all black young men being searched, you're going to end up with a greater number of them being arrested. Agreed?
If blacks commit crimes in startling disproportion to their share of demographics, and they do pretty much everywhere, why would anybody object to their arrest and incarceration rates being what they are? Isn't it futile to demand quotas for arrests so as to reflect any area's demographics?

Forum List

Back