Factchecking the Oil Companies' Defense of Taxpayer Subsidies

Sen. Ron Wyden: Factchecking the Oil Companies' Defense of Taxpayer Subsidies

Yeah, we know the companies are full of it, fact checking certainly helps.

I was going to seriously reply to your post but then I saw it was the Huffington post. It was then I realised that no reply was necessary. It would be like a conservative quoting newsmax.

Shut up dumbass, why did you even type a response at all Pubic1787?

To be the first to warn others that your source was the Huffing and Puffington Post. Call it a public service. Now they dont need to waste their time responding or clicking on your link. I thought it was a nice thing to do but obviously you disagree?

So what affect on anyone will this have? Will your gas prices lower? Will your taxes be lower?

Also, what about the fact that if you limit this to the top 5 oil compaines you may be creating a bill of attainer, which is unconstitutional?

So we cut 20 billion in tax deductions (thats what they are, not subsidies, not breaks, deductions). That funds the government for a total of 2 days. Then what?

So what affect on anyone will this have? Will your gas prices lower? Will your taxes be lower?

Also, what about the fact that if you limit this to the top 5 oil compaines you may be creating a bill of attainer, which is unconstitutional?

So we cut 20 billion in tax deductions (thats what they are, not subsidies, not breaks, deductions). That funds the government for a total of 2 days. Then what?

So don't limit it to oil companies. Take away the subsidies of ANY corporation that is making a profit. You don't continue to get TANF if you get a job so why should we continue to subsidize companies making obscene profits? (profits up 30% in the last year for oil companies)

So don't limit it to oil companies. Take away the subsidies of ANY corporation that is making a profit. You don't continue to get TANF if you get a job so why should we continue to subsidize companies making obscene profits? (profits up 30% in the last year for oil companies)

So basically no tax deductions for any company. I think some small buisness people will have a problem with that. if you want to do that you have to rewrite the tax code entirely.

So basically no tax deductions for any company. I think some small buisness people will have a problem with that. if you want to do that you have to rewrite the tax code entirely.

No, that isn't what I said. Try reading it again. I said no subsidies for companies making a PROFIT. You get cut off of food stamps and other assistance when you get a job. Why should these companies be any different?

No, that isn't what I said. Try reading it again. I said no subsidies for companies making a PROFIT. You get cut off of food stamps and other assistance when you get a job. Why should these companies be any different?

Our corporate tax structure is based upon the system of business expenses, as well as specific tax deductions for tasks which the government deems needed for growth and/or job creation. The purpose is to make companies both profitable, and let them expand to hire more people, which creates more wealth, which leads to more taxes.

Don't we WANT companies to make a profit? Dont we WANT them to be successful? The deductions arent to support bad companies, its to balance out the current system of rate X. If you want to remove deductions, you have to lower the rate.

Our corporate tax structure is based upon the system of business expenses, as well as specific tax deductions for tasks which the government deems needed for growth and/or job creation. The purpose is to make companies both profitable, and let them expand to hire more people, which creates more wealth, which leads to more taxes.

Don't we WANT companies to make a profit? Dont we WANT them to be successful? The deductions arent to support bad companies, its to balance out the current system of rate X. If you want to remove deductions, you have to lower the rate.

Small companies wouldn't need to take dedutions if we just lowered the taxe rate.
It is what Obama's own commssion, that he has since ignored, suggested.
It is what was done in 86 to great success.

Forum List

Back