Exxon/Mobil Paid No Federal Income Tax in 2009

Now that corporations, erm.. these "persons" have deep, big voices and freedom of speech, they should share the tax burden like the rest of us "persons". They already get taxed FAR less than I do and they STILL get out of paying anything. You corporatist puppets are tres amusing. Idiots.

You economic illiterates would be amusing, if you provided any fresh material. But as all you do is burp up the same old tired bromides, you are boring.

Good.

I wish more companies would figure out how to do the same.

Excellent, then, in return, we should deny them mineral rights in the United States, and then put a nice big tariff on any imports from their overseas production.

After all, if they're not going to pay taxes, why should they have the right to use our resources?

Good.

I wish more companies would figure out how to do the same.

Excellent, then, in return, we should deny them mineral rights in the United States, and then put a nice big tariff on any imports from their overseas production.

They lease mineral rights (usually from the Feds), so the government has already received compensation - in addition to the $.184 tax per gallon on gasoline.

They lease mineral rights (usually from the Feds), so the government has already received compensation - in addition to the $.184 tax per gallon on gasoline.

Well, if they have to pay so much, and they're not making enough of a profit, then they won't mind the loss of mineral rights at all, will they?

I'm sure we'll have no trouble at all finding another company that would be happy to take them over, and pay their taxes.

Good luck running your car without any gasoline - or paying for $7+ gas if we complete destroy all domestic production.

We can always count on Green Bug-eyed Incompetents, (such as you) who are unable to compete in the free markets, to call on the Government to punish those who dare to be successful, especially when they have overcome the burdens the government has layered upon them to make the task more difficult.

Last edited:
You economic illiterates would be amusing, if you provided any fresh material. But as all you do is burp up the same old tired bromides, you are boring.

You don't think corporations that rake in TRILLIONS on our soil have a responsibility to the citizenry in the towns, states and country in which operate and make money? Really? You are a corporatist puppet. Dance puppet, dance! I think I'd rather be boring. Oh, and please refute anything that I've stated. You're OK with shell companies and loopholes and corporate welfare to the detriment of our country so that a few already obscenely rich white guys can make another billion, right?

Last edited:

You don't think corporations that rake in TRILLIONS on our soil have a responsibility to the citizenry in the towns, states and country in which operate and make money? Really? You are a corporatist puppet. Dance puppet, dance! I think I'd rather be boring. Oh, and please refute anything that I've stated. You're OK with shell companies and loopholes and corporate welfare to the detriment of our country so that a few already obscenely rich white guys can make another billion?

Oh.My.Gawd.

Where to start?

But I'll reduce it to just two questions: Do you purchase the products provided by these corporations? How much more are you willing to pay for their products if the government gouges them with more taxes or raises their costs via other fees?

You don't think corporations that rake in TRILLIONS on our soil have a responsibility to the citizenry in the towns, states and country in which operate and make money? Really? You are a corporatist puppet. Dance puppet, dance! I think I'd rather be boring. Oh, and please refute anything that I've stated. You're OK with shell companies and loopholes and corporate welfare to the detriment of our country so that a few already obscenely rich white guys can make another billion, right?
It seems that most of the Cons feel exactly that way.

Good luck running your car without any gasoline - or paying for $7+ gas if we complete destroy all domestic production.

We can always count on Green Bug-eyed Incompetents, (such as you) who are unable to compete in the free markets, to call on the Government to punish those who dare to be successful, especially when they have overcome the burdens the government has layered upon them to make the task more difficult.

Who said anything about stopping domestic production?

They'll be plenty of other folks more than willing to step into the gap.

Did American entrepreneurship suddenly disappear overnight while I wasn't looking?

Did giant Oil Conglomerates like Exxon suddenly become the only possible means of producing oil at some point?

Plenty to step into the gap?

How and why? What is the incentive for anyone to raise capital and invest it in the very expensive and risky venture of oil exploration and development if, when they are successful, the government will abuse its power to destroy his business?

Plenty to step into the gap?

How and why? What is the incentive for anyone to raise capital and invest it in the very expensive and risky venture of oil exploration and development if, when they are successful, the government will abuse its power to destroy his business?

That's a bunch of crap. Exxon/Mobil has always done quite well for itself and it's investors, thank you very much.

Are you really expecting anyone to feel sorry for Exxon Mobil because they have to pay their taxes?

Really?

If they don't want to pay taxes in the United States, they shouldn't have the ability to use our resources. It's just that simple.

Exxon tries to limit the tax pain with the help of 20 wholly owned subsidiaries domiciled in the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Cayman Islands that (legally) shelter the cash flow from operations in the likes of Angola, Azerbaijan and Abu Dhabi. No wonder that of $15 billion in income taxes last year, Exxon paid none of it to Uncle Sam, and has tens of billions in earnings permanently reinvested overseas.
<more>

Exxon paid $36.5B in income taxes in 2009. Isn't that enough? It's a global company - and has a fiduciary responsibility to its shareholders to apply the various tax codes in the most beneficial way possible. Do you pay more income tax than the legally required minimum?

How much money did the government earn off of the taxes it adds to every gallon of gas?
Exxon paid nothing to the US. Foreign countries, holding the funds, are benefiting from from those dollars.

Wait, wait, what's that sound?

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Do you purchase the products provided by these corporations?

Not if I can help it. I try to buy locally from small businesses. Unfortunately, I don't have choice when it comes to utilities. They ALL suck now that deregulation has happened and are vastly more expensive.

so the headliner is about Exxon-Mobile but the first sentence is this:

Most egregious,” Forbes notes, is General Electric, which “generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam

now GE is obamie's bestest buddy and owner of his tv network nbc and msnbc,,, so why isn't that the headliner???

We all know there are loopholes in the tax code, unfortunately... but it is also disingenuous to think that these large corporations pay nothing at all to the fed in taxes.... but these types of stories are one of the many reasons I support a flat and simplified code for corporations/companies as well as citizens in this country

We all know there are loopholes in the tax code, unfortunately... but it is also disingenuous to think that these large corporations pay nothing at all to the fed in taxes.... but these types of stories are one of the many reasons I support a flat and simplified code for corporations/companies as well as citizens in this country

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...

As long as this includes all taxes (sales tax, payroll Tax, capital gains tax, etc) I'm all for it.

so the headliner is about Exxon-Mobile but the first sentence is this:

Most egregious,&#8221; Forbes notes, is General Electric, which &#8220;generated $10.3 billion in pretax income, but ended up owing nothing to Uncle Sam

now GE is obamie's bestest buddy and owner of his tv network nbc and msnbc,,, so why isn't that the headliner???

Perhaps because the reason for GE's tax receipts is tax credits for their innovative initiatives into new technologies...

...While the reason for Exxon's is the fact that they're keeping their money in offshore accounts.

Forum List

Back