Exposing the Myths of Katrina

The Democratic Governor of LA is slow i(not to mention, initially saying she wanted to wait 24 hours after before deciding) n asking help from the Federal Government and you blame Bush, the government and FEMA.

Yeah....accurate.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
CSM said:
you are soooo wrong and all your ranting won't change that. The duly elected DEMOCRATS in that state dropped the ball...period.

having stripes on your avatar doesn't automatically make your right. i've provided plenty of links and points. you've just presented your UNSUBSTANTIATED opinion.

GotZoom said:
The Democratic Governor of LA is slow i(not to mention, initially saying she wanted to wait 24 hours after before deciding) n asking help from the Federal Government and you blame Bush, the government and FEMA.

Yeah....accurate.

please link this information, if this is why you are saying the feds took so long to respond. also, please inform us why they weren't in there as soon as this proverbial horn was blown.

The media has failed to highlight the fact that almost 2,000 lives have been saved by the federal Coast Guard, that 66% of the police force of New Orleans failed to report for work on Tuesday, that police officers were taped by NBC looting a Wal-Mart etc., etc., and that the governor of Louisiana was DERELICT in exercising her duty.

The President of the United States declared a STATE of EMERGENCY, BEFORE the hurricane hit the Gulf Coast.

The federal government is PROHIBITED, - by The Constitution, - from sending federal troops into a state, (i.e., INVADING a state), WITHOUT a written request from the governor of that state.

The governor of the state of Louisiana did not even deploy the National Guard Troops of the state of Louisiana until Tuesday.

As a result of the declaration by the President, BEFORE the hurricane hit, a FEDERAL entity, FEMA went into action.

The first action of FEMA was to REMOVE assets, (water, MREs, blankets, cots etc.,) from the projected path of the hurricane.
These “assets” then had to be brought back into the affected area, HOWEVER, roads, bridges, rail etc., were incapacitated.

The federal government immediately deployed hospital ships to the Gulf Coast.

Once the governor of Louisiana, requested FEDERAL support, FEDERAL troops were dispatched. She should have declared Martial Law on Sunday, HOWEVER she did not, AND that meant that federal troops could NOT be deployed under the provisions of the CONSTITUTION of the UNITED STATES.

Criticisms of the federal government are totally unfair, the governor of Louisiana is technically at fault, if we desire that we behave differently in future then she should promote an amendment of The Constitution that would reduce the rights of the states, - since the request from the governor of the state of Louisiana did not come until Thursday, federal troops could not be deployed to bring order to the city of New Orleans, bear in mind that the police force of New Orleans FAILED to honor their obligation TO SERVE & PROTECT.

It is grossly unfair to blame the federal government for the failure of the mayor and police of New Orleans to meet their obligations and to blame the federal government for the absolute incompetence of the governor of the state,

spillmind said:
having stripes on your avatar doesn't automatically make your right. i've provided plenty of links and points. you've just presented your UNSUBSTANTIATED opinion.

Yes it does...because I say so. Just as you would have us beleive your rhetoric is right because you say so.....

The law is pretty clear, in spite of what you say.

spillmind said:
please link this information, if this is why you are saying the feds took so long to respond. also, please inform us why they weren't in there as soon as this proverbial horn was blown.

Mayor Nagin: Gov. Blanco Delayed Rescue

After days of blaming the federal officials for not responding quickly enough to the Hurricane Katrina crisis, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin praised President Bush on Monday - and charged that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco had delayed federal rescue efforts by 24 hours.

"I'm so happy that the president came down here," Nagin said of Bush's Friday visit to Louisiana in an interview with CNN. "He came down and saw it, and he put a general on the field. His name is General Honore. And when he hit the field, we started to see action."

But Nagin had harsh words for his state's leaders, telling CNN: "What the state was doing, I don't frigging know. But I tell you, I am pissed. It wasn't adequate."

The New Orleans Democrat said he urged Bush to meet privately with Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco during the visit. The meeting took place aboard Air Force One, he said.

After reviewing the crisis with Gov. Blanco, Bush summoned Nagin for a private chat - where, according to Nagin, Bush explained: "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the governor. I said . . . I was ready to move today. The governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision."

Reacting to the governor's footdragging, Nagin lamented: "It would have been great if we could have left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out."

"It didn't happen, and more people died."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/5/234033.shtml

Why Didn't Louisiana Follow its Required Emergency Plan?
Self | September 4, 2005 | Joseph Ranos

Posted on 09/04/2005 3:48:32 PM PDT by Sonar5

1) Why Didn't Louisiana Follow it's Emergency Plan? Why isn't anyone talking about this?

2) Why hasn't anyone mentioned that a Pre-Requisite for a Federal Response BY LAW is that State Law is Executed and the Emergency Plan is Executed FIRST?

3) Why did the Governor abandon the City of New Orleans for the Safety of Baton Rouge, before the Plan was Executed?

4) Why, when the federal Government was acting in accordance with the Stafford Act, did the State of Louisiana, by its Governors acts, delay making requests when being told this storm was going to hit?

5) Why did Mayor Nagin or Governor Blanco, delay while sleeping on it Saturday night, the Mandatory evacuation spelled out in the Louisiana Emergency Plan? Saturday the Mayor said he may order an evacuation tomorrow. (Sunday)

6) Where were the Parish Presidents who were signatories to the Louisiana Emergency Plan, and why did they fail in its Execution to the plan?

7) In the Parish failure to implement, why didn't the State take over as required by the plan?

8) Why weren't the Hospitals nursing homes, etc. evacuated since the plan required them to do so?

9) Why did the Mandatory evacuation only occur AFTER President Bush called, and why did Governor Blanco stress that it was only after President Bush Called to urging the Evacuation order? Was she concerned for the Citizens, or was she grandstanding so she could blame the President if the Storm didn't hit?

10) Why were the Action Plan implementations required not done by the Local and State Government?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1477374/posts

Trying to score political points against the President by standing athwart this tragedy and pointing a finger is the most disgusting and ignoble thing I have yet seen from you delusional, ignorant, and very very dangerous liberals.

• Thanks
Reactions: CSM
GotZoom said:
Mayor Nagin: Gov. Blanco Delayed Rescue

After days of blaming the federal officials for not responding quickly enough to the Hurricane Katrina crisis, New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin praised President Bush on Monday - and charged that Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco had delayed federal rescue efforts by 24 hours.

"I'm so happy that the president came down here," Nagin said of Bush's Friday visit to Louisiana in an interview with CNN. "He came down and saw it, and he put a general on the field. His name is General Honore. And when he hit the field, we started to see action."

But Nagin had harsh words for his state's leaders, telling CNN: "What the state was doing, I don't frigging know. But I tell you, I am pissed. It wasn't adequate."

The New Orleans Democrat said he urged Bush to meet privately with Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco during the visit. The meeting took place aboard Air Force One, he said.

After reviewing the crisis with Gov. Blanco, Bush summoned Nagin for a private chat - where, according to Nagin, Bush explained: "Mr. Mayor, I offered two options to the governor. I said . . . I was ready to move today. The governor said she needed 24 hours to make a decision."

Reacting to the governor's footdragging, Nagin lamented: "It would have been great if we could have left Air Force One, walked outside, and told the world that we had this all worked out."

"It didn't happen, and more people died."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/9/5/234033.shtml

Blanco and her advisors were doing everything they could to make it look as if Dems had been the heros and make sure Bush got NO credit for anything. Big time backfire.

dilloduck said:
Blanco and her advisors were doing everything they could to make it look as if Dems had been the heros and make sure Bush got NO credit for anything. Big time backfire.

Not to mention that Bush's opponents have been trying everything to include blaming the hurricane on him due to his stance on global warming. It is all backfiring on the Bush bashers in a big way.

nucular said:
I can't post a link, but I'll tell you that I saw him on TV saying that global warming is a fact, but then he got himself off the hook by saying that scientists disagree about what to do about it.
:whip:

"Listen, I recognize the surface of the Earth is warmer, and that an increase in greenhouse gases caused by humans is contributing to the problem," - Pres. Bush, Denmark, 6 July 2005
emphasis mine

The degree of that contribution he did not say. And I don't know that I agree with that statement anyway.

He went on to say:

"Kyoto didn't work for the United States, and it frankly didn't work for the world,"

With that I completely agree.

http://www.sidsnet.org/latestarc/climate-newswire/msg00129.html

spillmind said:
please link this information, if this is why you are saying the feds took so long to respond.

GotZoom said:

Owned.

:)

spillmind said:
also, please inform us why they weren't in there as soon as this proverbial horn was blown.

Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to mobilize a force? Do you have ANY idea how to go about sending in support? Bridges that have to be crossed? Signatures which have to be tracked down? Laws and stipulations have to be met?

People like you think GWB carries around a group of 1000 Rescue workers, generators, and fresh water suppply for tens of thousands in his rectum...because you guys are thinking GWB should have pulled all that out of his ass and dropped the loan upon (what used to be) New Orleans.

Naive.

I was going to post something about spilly being so quiet after all of our links but then I saw that he isn't even on the board right now.

Hit and run. And a poor one at that.

So typical.

-=d=- said:
Owned.

Do you have ANY idea how long it takes to mobilize a force? Do you have ANY idea how to go about sending in support? Bridges that have to be crossed? Signatures which have to be tracked down? Laws and stipulations have to be met?

People like you think GWB carries around a group of 1000 Rescue workers, generators, and fresh water suppply for tens of thousands in his rectum...because you guys are thinking GWB should have pulled all that out of his ass and dropped the loan upon (what used to be) New Orleans.

Naive.

Spilly is not naive. The posts he presents here are deliberately disingenuous. It is almost as if he makes himself feel better by posting the things he does....hmmmm....evidence of low self esteem I would guess.

-=d=- said:
Owned.

Naive.

mind boggling. you people are in utter denial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050906/ap_on_re_us/katrina_getting_help_through_hk4

will the head of FEMA be fired? hell no. the chimp will slap him on the back and give him a medal.

funny how after the hurricane Ivan in florida last year, nothing like this happened.

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=14062

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=43&content=4007&print=true

if you can't see the discrepancy, there ain't much left to say to you folks.

in fact, bush needed that state so badly he was there

spillmind said:
mind boggling. you people are in utter denial.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050906/ap_on_re_us/katrina_getting_help_through_hk4

will the head of FEMA be fired? hell no. the chimp will slap him on the back and give him a medal.

funny how after the hurricane Ivan in florida last year, nothing like this happened.

http://www.fema.gov/news/newsrelease.fema?id=14062

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=43&content=4007&print=true

if you can't see the discrepancy, there ain't much left to say to you folks.

in fact, bush needed that state so badly he was there

It doesn't matter who the head of fema is if the local authorities are too indecisive to ask for help, AS THE LAW REQUIRES. You're in denial, spunkface.

UNITED STATES CODE
Title 42. THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 68. DISASTER RELIEF

§ 5170. PROCEDURE FOR DECLARATION {Sec. 401}

All requests for a declaration by the President that a major disaster exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State. Such a request shall be based on a finding that the disaster is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and the affected local governments and that Federal assistance is necessary. As part of such request, and as a prerequisite to major disaster assistance under this Act, the Governor shall take appropriate response action under State law and direct execution of the State's emergency plan. The Governor shall furnish information on the nature and amount of State and local resources which have been or will be committed to alleviating the results of the disaster, and shall certify that, for the current disaster, State and local government obligations and expenditures (of which State commitments must be a significant proportion) will comply with all applicable cost-sharing requirements of this Act. Based on the request of a Governor under this section, the President may declare under this Act that a major disaster or emergency exists.

rtwngAvngr said:
UNITED STATES CODE
Title 42. THE PUBLIC HEALTH AND WELFARE
CHAPTER 68. DISASTER RELIEF

§ 5170. PROCEDURE FOR DECLARATION {Sec. 401}

All requests for a declaration by the President that a major disaster exists shall be made by the Governor of the affected State. Such a request shall be based on a finding that the disaster is of such severity and magnitude that effective response is beyond the capabilities of the State and the affected local governments and that Federal assistance is necessary. As part of such request, and as a prerequisite to major disaster assistance under this Act, the Governor shall take appropriate response action under State law and direct execution of the State's emergency plan. The Governor shall furnish information on the nature and amount of State and local resources which have been or will be committed to alleviating the results of the disaster, and shall certify that, for the current disaster, State and local government obligations and expenditures (of which State commitments must be a significant proportion) will comply with all applicable cost-sharing requirements of this Act. Based on the request of a Governor under this section, the President may declare under this Act that a major disaster or emergency exists.

listen fu¢kface (in your response to your moronic insult), post the link where the governor asked for aid (THE EXACT TIME), and then post the link when the feds actually got there (THE EXACT TIME). plot out this timeline you all are so adamantly defending. i know what reality is, this should be an excerise for your own enlightenment. i've done my work, now do yours. i tire of this roundabout bullsh!t defending an obvious failure. compare it to the ivan response. the onus is on you.

spillmind said:
listen fu¢kface (in your response to your moronic insult), post the link where the governor asked for aid (THE EXACT TIME), and then post the link when the feds actually got there (THE EXACT TIME). plot out this timeline you all are so adamantly defending. i know what reality is, this should be an excerise for your own enlightenment. i've done my work, now do yours. i tire of this roundabout bullsh!t defending an obvious failure. compare it to the ivan response. the onus is on you.

You are a piece of....work.

We has posted nothing but link after link showing you our side.

You must think that the Feds have the ability to control time and space. Post the link whre the governor asked for aid and the post when they go there. Clever. I think it takes time to move from one spot to another.

How about this question. Post the time when the President offered to send help and post the time when the Governor actually requested it.

I think we know the answer to this one.

She blew it.

Zhukov said:
Hmm, try this link.

when your defense breaks down to an obvious fault, revert to condensending posts about some psych bullsh!t, for which i doubt you have any accreditation on. however, i expect nothing less.

glad to see ignorance is alive and well. i'm done with this thread.

Forum List

Back