Explain evil to me

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
What is evil?

It's a simple question and there isn't a long drawn out answer to it. Get to the point, keep your answers as short as possible and discuss the answers rather than call names and point fingers.

Those who believe in God will blame Satan, Lucifer.....the devil.

Those who don't believe will blame mental illness, surroundings or the environment.

I am a Christian, but I don't know if I can blame the devil for the evil that man does. The devils only job is to convince as many souls that there is no God or Jesus Christ. The devils only job is to keep as many people away from God the Father and God the Son.

Convince me that the evil men do is because of the devil or because of mental illness.

if you;re a committed Christian I wouldn't worry about the evil part.
although I have in the past year never seen so many issues go to the devils side of the line

What is evil?

It's a simple question and there isn't a long drawn out answer to it. Get to the point, keep your answers as short as possible and discuss the answers rather than call names and point fingers.

Those who believe in God will blame Satan, Lucifer.....the devil.

Those who don't believe will blame mental illness, surroundings or the environment.

I am a Christian, but I don't know if I can blame the devil for the evil that man does. The devils only job is to convince as many souls that there is no God or Jesus Christ. The devils only job is to keep as many people away from God the Father and God the Son.

Convince me that the evil men do is because of the devil or because of mental illness.

Evil is not a real thing; it is an abstract concept in the minds of human beings; therefore, different people conceive of it in different ways. I see the terrible things people do as mental illness, psychosis, etc. Ascribing some force of 'evil' to those things is intellectually primitive imo.

Forum List

Back