Exclusive: Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
At this point, nothing would surprise me coming from this administration.

Despite pledges by President George W. Bush and American intelligence officials to the contrary, hundreds of US citizens overseas have been eavesdropped on as they called friends and family back home, according to two former military intercept operators who worked at the giant National Security Agency (NSA) center in Fort Gordon, Georgia.

The chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), called the allegations "extremely disturbing" and said the committee has begun its own examination.

"We have requested all relevant information from the Bush Administration," Rockefeller said Thursday. "The Committee will take whatever action is necessary."

"These were just really everyday, average, ordinary Americans who happened to be in the Middle East, in our area of intercept and happened to be making these phone calls on satellite phones," said Adrienne Kinne, a 31-year old US Army Reserves Arab linguist assigned to a special military program at the NSA's Back Hall at Fort Gordon from November 2001 to 2003.

ABC News: Exclusive: Inside Account of U.S. Eavesdropping on Americans

I operate under the assumption that every email I get every phone call I make is under government scrutiny.

I don't know if it's true, but that makes me feel less lonely.

At least somebody is interested in my life.

I operate under the assumption that every email I get every phone call I make is under government scrutiny.

I don't know if it's true, but that makes me feel less lonely.

At least somebody is interested in my life.

I've operated under that premise since we had rotary dial phones hardwired to the wall. It's just naive not to.

Still think the Patriot Act didn't curtail anyones civil liberties?

I think that the laws that give the government to invade our privacy were in place long before the patriot act.

You who are just now feeling violated simply weren't trying hard enough.

I think that the laws that give the government to invade our privacy were in place long before the patriot act.

You who are just now feeling violated simply weren't trying hard enough.

In this way? They weren't. Its not really a subjective thing, the laws weren't in place to do this kind of surveillance before the Patriot Act and the AUMF.

FISA curtailed those pretty damn well in the 70's.

Nevr said that, just wanted an answer from a specific person. I never got that answer.

Haha, you are a lawyer. Correct you never stated that, but I can't see why you would ask for someone to justify something if you thought that thing was true.

Or if you didn't know the answer, why you would ask an idiot on a very partisan message board to provide you with details.

Forum List

Back