Ex-U.S. Marine: Chained to bed in Mexican jail

Hammar isn't the only American accused of questionable gun related charges? No shit? The freaking Attorney General should be doing life for authorizing 3,000 illegal weapons to be shipped to Mexican drug cartels.

I feel for the guy, but you got to check out the laws of the countries you plan to visit. Mexico will throw you under the jail for a single bullet. You can't say the Mexicans are wrong for enforcing their law and demand the US do the same.

Is it really a glorified BB gun? How exactly is a 60 year old shotgun a glorified BB gun?

That'd kind of be like me saying a crossbow is a glorified slingshot.

Last edited:
The gun was a dismantled antique that was declared at the border. American agents told him to file the papers with the Mexicans.
But Mexican prosecutors who looked at the disassembled relic in the 1972 Winnebago motor home dismissed the U.S. registration papers Hammar had filled out. They charged him with a serious crime: possession of a weapon restricted for use to Mexico’s armed forces.

Read more here: McClatchy | News Politics Nation World Washington Economics Environment Opinion

IOW, there is no criminal INTENT!

The guy was arrested for trying to LEGALLY transport it!

The gun was a dismantled antique that was declared at the border. American agents told him to file the papers with the Mexicans.
But Mexican prosecutors who looked at the disassembled relic in the 1972 Winnebago motor home dismissed the U.S. registration papers Hammar had filled out. They charged him with a serious crime: possession of a weapon restricted for use to Mexico’s armed forces.

Read more here: McClatchy | News Politics Nation World Washington Economics Environment Opinion

Well... I feel for the guy. Fight Mexico over this. Your time will be much better spent than focusing on the War on Christmas.

You know... so I can win that war.

I feel sorry for the guy, but you can't just traipse around the world expecting everywhere to be the same.

Mexico is NOT the United States and the laws are not the same. They don't even have to charge a person with anything to hold them indefinitely and there is no right to habeus corpus. Intent means diddly under Mexican law.

As for being shaken down by the inmates? I wouldn't be so sure it's the inmates doing the shaking. He can bought out of that jail, but the money will have to go to the right people and it's not the inmates.

Mordida.

Last edited:
He's an American. For God's sakes the US should be down there with a writ or a machine gun and demand his release. Where the fuk is Hillary?

He's an American. For God's sakes the US should be down there with a writ or a machine gun and demand his release. Where the fuk is Hillary?

Should Mexico come up here with a writ or a machine-gun to spring their citizens in jail?

Should Mexico come up here with a writ or a machine-gun to spring their citizens in jail?

My fervent wish is that the Mexican government would issue a writ to reclaim it's ten million illegal criminals that the US is supporting every day but that ain't gonna happen. It is typical of sissie left wing dummies to assume that the last super power on the globe can't get a US citizen out a a Mexican lock-up though..

Sorry, but I've seen countless cases where Americans got themselves imprisoned in other countries on very dubious claims and conservatives weren't interested in getting them out. It's always about "well, they have their own laws too, and that's that". Just look at the Iran Hikers situation.

We can't rescue our citizens everywhere in the world when they fuck up.

Last edited:

Sorry, but I've seen countless cases where Americans got themselves imprisoned in other countries on very dubious claims and conservatives weren't interested in getting them out. It's always about "well, they have their own laws too, and that's that". Just look at the Iran Hikers situation.

"Conservatives weren't interested in helping them out". What the fuk? Is it all about drugs to the left? It's Mexico for God's sake. We support about ten million criminal illegal Mexicans with taxpayer money. Doesn't anybody see the hypocrisy? We need to invade Mexico and end the bull shit.

"Conservatives weren't interested in helping them out". What the fuk? Is it all about drugs to the left? It's Mexico for God's sake. We support about ten million criminal illegal Mexicans with taxpayer money. Doesn't anybody see the hypocrisy? We need to invade Mexico and end the bull shit.
Cons just can't grasp that other countries aren't subject to their wishes.

No you need to stay the hell out if mexico and mind your own business.

lead the way, macarthur, or shut the fuck up

If it wasn't so sad for this ex-Marine the responses from the usual left-leaning posers here would be hilarious.

Do any of you simpletons even grasp the fact that the man TRIED TO REGISTER THE DISMANTLED GUN AT THE BORDER?

That AMERICAN Border Guards told him what to do?

Why wasn't the man simply refused entry into Mexico?

You people are PATHETIC!!

Forum List

Back