Evolution- 23 HOLLYWOOD MOMS WITH SAME SPERM DONOR AND ONE CRAZY VACATION

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Not my kind of society whatsoever. Frickin disgusting

-Geaux

========================

When Sarah Fain, a TV writer-producer for The Shield and The Vampire Diaries, decided at 37 to be a single mom, she started online sperm-donor browsing. "It's like online dating, only you don't have to have a relationship with the person," she says. "It's not: 'What if this is the love of my life?' It's: 'This person doesn't have Alzheimer's in their genetic history.' " Fain lined up a fertility entourage that included a therapist, acupuncturist, nutritionist and private chef for when she was too busy developing shows for Warner Bros. to cook. "I did acupuncture, herbs, teas; I juiced wheatgrass daily for months because my reproductive endocrinologist [RE] said anecdotally people who did got pregnant," she says. Despite her efforts, Fain required two years and nine rounds of intrauterine insemination (or IUI, which involves "washing" the ejaculate to up the sperm quality before injecting it into the uterus, at about $1,500 a pop to conceive). At age 40, Fain had a girl named Violet.

When Violet was a toddler, Fain took her to a music class, where "two women walked in with two boys about Violet's age," she says. One of the boys looked familiar. Fain went home and checked her Facebook group comprising 15 families who had conceived with her same open donor. (Open donation, in which the donor's info can be released on the child's 18th birthday, is a growing trend.) She recalls: "There they were," just a mile and a half away.

Read more Sperm Washing Clears Hollywood Actor's Baby of HIV

Now they all have dinner every Sunday. "They're my family," says Fain. In September, the Facebook group rented a vacation house. "Talk about crazy — there were 12 2-year-olds," says Fain, who adds: "It's one of those things that feels incredibly bizarre for half an hour. Then it feels totally normal."

23 Hollywood Moms With Same Sperm Donor and One Crazy Vacation - Pret-a-Reporter

I think there are more important things to worry about.

So let me get this straight. 23 women decide to use artificial insemination, it's a great moral tragedy.

32,000 people die of gun injuries every year, and 'um, Founding Fathers, freedom!!!"

So let me get this straight. 23 women decide to use artificial insemination, it's a great moral tragedy.

32,000 people die of gun injuries every year, and 'um, Founding Fathers, freedom!!!"
Oh Joe, I might have to go buy another gun today, just because your a prick.

What a good idea! How many only children will have at least half brothers and half sisters? There are no more large extended families. This is a way to create one.

Was this one of our new ad links? :biggrin:
Not my kind of society whatsoever. Frickin disgusting

-Geaux

========================

When Sarah Fain, a TV writer-producer for The Shield and The Vampire Diaries, decided at 37 to be a single mom, she started online sperm-donor browsing. "It's like online dating, only you don't have to have a relationship with the person," she says. "It's not: 'What if this is the love of my life?' It's: 'This person doesn't have Alzheimer's in their genetic history.' " Fain lined up a fertility entourage that included a therapist, acupuncturist, nutritionist and private chef for when she was too busy developing shows for Warner Bros. to cook. "I did acupuncture, herbs, teas; I juiced wheatgrass daily for months because my reproductive endocrinologist [RE] said anecdotally people who did got pregnant," she says. Despite her efforts, Fain required two years and nine rounds of intrauterine insemination (or IUI, which involves "washing" the ejaculate to up the sperm quality before injecting it into the uterus, at about $1,500 a pop to conceive). At age 40, Fain had a girl named Violet.

When Violet was a toddler, Fain took her to a music class, where "two women walked in with two boys about Violet's age," she says. One of the boys looked familiar. Fain went home and checked her Facebook group comprising 15 families who had conceived with her same open donor. (Open donation, in which the donor's info can be released on the child's 18th birthday, is a growing trend.) She recalls: "There they were," just a mile and a half away.

Read more Sperm Washing Clears Hollywood Actor's Baby of HIV

Now they all have dinner every Sunday. "They're my family," says Fain. In September, the Facebook group rented a vacation house. "Talk about crazy — there were 12 2-year-olds," says Fain, who adds: "It's one of those things that feels incredibly bizarre for half an hour. Then it feels totally normal."

23 Hollywood Moms With Same Sperm Donor and One Crazy Vacation - Pret-a-Reporter

Oh Joe, I might have to go buy another gun today, just because your a prick.

Yeah, but your pecker will still be tiny...

Forum List

Back