Evidence for God?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by ScienceRocks, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Dude, by your standard, I have no "factual evidence" the Moon is made of rock.

Well that's not true but apparently you're not understanding me. You have "evidence" the moon is made of rock. However, you've not examined and observed what's 10,000 feet below the surface of the moon, nor have you been to the moon to witness this for yourself. You said it best yourself when you stated, "I can accept as fact" ...that's a profession of faith in what you perceive to be factual.

Then you make the statement "...without a doubt, God could have proved the existence of something beyond our natural universe..." Why without a doubt? What would be the reason God would need to prove something to you? I don't suppose you spend much of your weekends out in the back yard trying to prove to the ants that you have ESPN on cable. Why not? Without a doubt, you could!

I often say that I believe in Spiritual Nature but that's not really true. To believe in something, means to have faith without proof. I have spiritual proof of Spiritual Nature. I realize a tangible benefit in connecting with Spiritual Nature in my everyday life. It has given me tremendous strength, courage and patience. It has helped me through some really dark times in my life and it has provided irreplaceable guidance. This is MY proof and it's all I need. So, you see, it't not a matter of faith for me, it has been proven beyond any doubt.

2. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,378
    ?

3. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,688

You asked for proof and I gave you proof.

And you are wrong about dark matter not being found. It has been found. It was actually found through mathematics by accident. Physicists couldn't rectify the amount of gravity in the universe with the amount of matter. We still don't know a lot about dark matter because we can't physically interact with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,071
    You made a good point. It is hard to believe. But it's a scientific theory which is the highest honor an idea can get. It might not be right. It wouldn't ruin our lives if we turned out to have it wrong and we won't kill over the big bang theory. God willing of course.

5. flacaltenn

flacaltenn USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,191
    Actually a science PROOF is a higher honor than a theory. Theories are just tools for bounding the brain work.
    If the Big Bang failed -- it would leave a gaping hole in the confidence that we have in understanding the origins of our Universe.

On encountering fantastical "solutions" that so far exceeds human experience -- it doesn't matter if you believe or not. BUT if you can't TRULY wrap your mind around it -- You're believing it -- "on faith". Physicists are some of the most "faithful" people on the planet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,071
    I don't think if we discovered the big bang was wrong that it would leave a gaping hole in anything. We would just understand better how the universe got started.

If you found out that our universe came out of a reverse black hole, would that change your life? It wouldn't mine. If you found out the universe we observe now is not the first or only universe would it change you? Not me.

Watch: Theory vs Hypothesis vs Law Explained

A scientific theory is a series of statements about the causal elements for observed phenomena. A critical component of a scientific theory is that it provides explanations and predictions that can be tested.

Usually, theories (in the scientific sense) are large bodies of work that are a composite of the products of many contributors over time and are substantiated by vast bodies of converging evidence.

Scientific Theory vs Law – Science Journal – Medium

7. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,378
    God can be proved

He just has to give the media an interview with followup

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,378
    You claim there are no facts, no proof of anything.

You gave me opinion I did not care to click on.

You are worthless. We are done.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,071
    This is all subjective.

10. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,688
    Well you asked for proof of what I said and I posted it but you refuse to click on it. It's just a YouTube video.

I never claimed there are no facts or proof of anything. That's just a dumb ass interpretation of what I've said. Facts and proof are words, they have meanings. Science has a methodology. Very few (if any) things can actually be called "scientific fact" because science continues to ask questions and challenge it's findings. IF science concluded "facts" there would be an endless number of things science would've never discovered. This is why science uses "theory" even when it seems to be a fact.

"Proof" is a subjective term. When you believe the evidence establishes a fact, you call it proof. I may not subjectively view the evidence the same as you, so I may not find proof.